The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Know Anything Before Playing Story Quests Lorewise?

Been playing this game on and off for years (since the update before Plains of Eidolon), and over that time, I've lost a lot of knowledge of the game's story and character information. Because of that, I made a new account, and noticed that the intro has changed, as well as quest progression. I never really cared for the story back then, but since those years I've became a huge lore addict in video games. Right now, I'd call myself a new player even though I have experience in gameplay.

That being said, I'm about to start the Archwing quest, and I'm questioning if I should watch lore videos, or do research about game events that happened before this story quest was released as an update. I say this because when I played Saya's Vigil, I heard that players knew about Vay Hek before the Plains of Eidolon update, and they also knew about sentients and other stuff that is pretty important. For a newcoming player, none of this stuff is familiar for a quest that has to be played before getting to Venus, and even though that stuff might be explained later in the story, I can't help but feel like I'm following it in the "wrong way" in the game's timeline. Btw Lotus even said some lines acting like I should know whatevers going on and its pretty annoying.

So are there any story elements, expired events, lore that isn't in the game anymore, or even quests that are misplaced in the story's continuity that I should know of before continuing the story and its future quests? Any information helps and is appreciated :)

You're pretty much fine going in blind from what I can tell, when I started playing in late 2014 (around the time of the Mutalist Alad V event) so much had already happened back then due to there being a much larger frequency of Events that long ago. Characters like Vay Hek were already in a similar sort of place to where they are now.

For example, when I started playing, the only reference to the Sentients even existing in Warframe was from the description of Excalibur Prime's description codex

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first." -Excalibur prime's Codex

The only Sentient themed event of note that I can think of, is Scarlet Spear, but I don't think it was incredibly lore heavy from what I can recall.

So, for the Sentient storyline, you should be fine just playing it in the pre-scripted sequence. (This isn't a complete list and potentially in the wrong order, these are just the ones I remember.)

e.g. The New Strange > Natah > The Second Dream > Octavia's Anthem > War Within > The Sacrifice > The New War

Looking at it now, I'd say DE has purposefully structured the Story Quest sequence in a linear fashion for proper storytelling, rather than randomness thrown around.

If you want to learn supplementary info about the Sentients though, there is some more stuff, such as how Mirage died in The Old War, as part of the Hidden Messages quest, how Gara died defending Cetus, the Ropalolyst boss fight.

Cephalon Simaris also has a bunch of lore info for the Synthesis Target stuff. Though not all of it is about the Sentient.

But if you want a very basic rundown of some Keynotes about the Sentient, here's some stuff you should know that might not be entirely obvious from playing or isn't directly told to the player.

Spoiler

The Orokin hated thinking machines, yet relented and made the Sentient to colonise Tau, the closest Star System as the Orokin were running out of resources. Their paranoia was right as the Sentient realised their Creators would turn on them, and acted first, resulting in the Old War.

The Sentient are a bit complex, while some appear more feminine and male, they don't appear to have an actual gender. There is actual "Sentients" and "Fragments", each Sentient appears to be a singular Hive Mind like intelligence that can control and co-ordinate their Fragments, splinters of themselves.

The Sentient have two weaknesses. The first is the Void, poison to them. The second was bio-engineered into them by the Orokin, known as "The Flaw" if Sentients attempt to leave Tau and return to the Origin System, they are rendered Infertile, incapable of producing offspring, other Sentients. Yet seemingly still able to create Fragments.

The Sentients value Family above all else, as the Sentient that attacked Cetus wanted to use the power of the Unum's tower in Cetus to restore its Womb. This kinda shows the desperation the Sentient had when some chose to leave Tau to participate in the Old War.

What you seem to be missing is old operation storylines, unfortunately DE did operations that tie into the main story so if you weren't there you are going to have a lack of knowledge of some characters and events.

This is probably the biggest issue I have with the story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

The Sentient have two weaknesses. The first is the Void, poison to them. The second was bio-engineered into them by the Orokin, known as "The Flaw" if Sentients attempt to leave Tau and return to the Origin System, they are rendered Infertile, incapable of producing offspring, other Sentients. Yet seemingly still able to create Fragments

These are the same weakness. The "Golden Spear" fleet*, led by Hunhow, traveled by Void to act as the first wave. Traveling through the Void is what rendered them infertile

The second fleet, implied to be "Scarlet Spear," used much slower but much safer methods. No indication they are infertile, just that they're very easy to hack

*Natah's dialogue makes it unclear whether "Golden Spear" refers to Hunhow's forces or the Orokin defenses. I use it to refer to the Sentients 

It should be fine. Most of the warframe lore isn't directly presented to the player. Most of warframe lore needs to be sought after. Got to scan as much as possible. I really wish DE put in some more stuff showcasing past Events. Like Eris Assassination boss or Pluto's Assassination boss.

• Like 2

From what I can tell, the game's plot was originally driven pretty much entirely by one-time events, with playable remnants being left behind afterwards. The game is absolutely littered with the corpses of dead living world content. If a Grineer or Corpus character shows up and the game seems to expect us to know about them, they were probably properly introduced in one of those events.

• Like 1

You should be fine without needing a deep understanding of anything, especially if you're only just getting to The Archwing. What might help later on is having a basic awareness of certain characters. No need for deep dives into their backstories (spoilers) just generally know who they are and what their relationship to you is. These are all the ones I think would be most important to at least be aware of without giving anything away. If anyone else can think of someone I missed who would be good for a new player to know feel free to add.

- Lotus: Woke you up, seems to know what's going around around the system. Supports you with hacks and info dumps. Space mom. 

- Ordis: Your AI buddy from ages past. Loves you.

- Teshin: Dax soldier, ally of the Tenno. Positioned as the player's father figure/mentor though only in the background.

- Alad V: Corpus mad scientist. Tinkers with warframes, Orokin tech, and other things...

- Grineer Queens: They exist, there's 2 of them.

- Stalker: Hates you. 

20 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

These are the same weakness. The "Golden Spear" fleet*, led by Hunhow, traveled by Void to act as the first wave. Traveling through the Void is what rendered them infertile

The second fleet, implied to be "Scarlet Spear," used much slower but much safer methods. No indication they are infertile, just that they're very easy to hack

*Natah's dialogue makes it unclear whether "Golden Spear" refers to Hunhow's forces or the Orokin defenses. I use it to refer to the Sentients 

"Golden Spear" is explained in the Erra quest. It is Lotus being confused at the time as Erra implies and then Ballas references the Spear and informs Lotus that the orkin are gone. The second fleet would also not be the "Scarlet Spear", we are the "Scarlet Spear", the members of the operation fleet set up by Little Duck to counter the sentient attack.

And while the recent fleet moved slowly it doesnt mean they arent infertile. All of the sentient were afflicted when they traveled to Tau to begin with, that is why they came back the first time because they hated the Orokin for using them as disposable mechanicals to settle Tau and build the rails. The first fleet came through the rail gates they were ment to build between Tau and Sol, the same rails the Orokin used during the war to attack Tau as described in one of the synthesis target entries iirc. 

We go through the game reactivating rail because they were shut down in order to block intersystem travel during the old war, since the Orokin had access to railjacks while the sentient didnt, so the sentient had to rely in intersystem sub FTL travel. While the rails linking to Tau were destroyed.

39 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

All of the sentient were afflicted when they traveled to Tau to begin with

No, because then Natah and Errands wouldn't have been born in the first place

They traveled to Tau by building the rail, not by using the rail

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, because then Natah and Errands wouldn't have been born in the first place

They traveled to Tau by building the rail, not by using the rail

It was a sickness that eventually rendered them barren, to be stranded and die out in Tau as an intended design flaw. Correct they traveled to Tau as they built the rail, they did this going through the void since that is what the rail is ment to do, enable void travel. This is what poisoned them. Which made them realize that as with everything else the Orokin would eventually also end up destroying Tau. So they took the chance and used the rail to travel back to Sol, which apparently worked and did not kill them as intended. 

The thing that isnt clear is if the void poisoning actually stops them from procreating, since I really cant find a mention of that. It was ment to kill them though, or stop them from coming back to Sol. But we know Natah is created later on. So it likely doesnt stop their procreation, which also explains how they can build more in preperation for their second attack.

Here. Detron Crewman Synthesis.

Spoiler

They opened the chamber door just in time for me to see it happen; the Archimedian erupting into a flash, jade-like and blinding. I knew her. She was the greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived. Except now she was nothing but mist and gore.

A voice boomed from within, “The Crewmen project is cancelled. Send in the next.”

The rifles at my back tried to urge me inside. Old faces filled the dome’s projections, immense and god-like. I walked into the center of the room and the scorched scent choked my lungs. All around me they watched, bored, as I knelt upon the darkened judgement disc.

The projection of Executor Ballas swelled large in front of me. I could see his purity, his symmetry, the beauty of his glittering gold irises. His voice thundered, “The principles are clear. Your sentence is death. May the Void forgive you.”

As the judgement disc began to light I stood, took a deep breath and spoke, “She will not forgive you.”

Laughter broke out among the faces of the dome. Other’s asked “what did he say?” Ballas only smiled, “You challenge us, Archimedian?”

“I do. Kill me and the Empire you are sworn to uphold dies with me.”

Ballas turned his head as the judgement disc went suddenly dark, “An appeal comes at a price. Should you fail, you and your corpus will pay dearly.”

“They already suffer in this growing wasteland. They have already paid. Will you also sacrifice the royal futures by ignoring my solution?”

“Your solution is an abomination, like you, it will be annihilated.” Ballas motioned to a guard in the corner, “Present the evidence.”

The chamber doors opened and a mass of guards entered, guns trained inward. As they reached the center, they parted, revealing a small cart. Atop the cart was a motionless creature, no larger than a hand. Its body was symmetrical, star-shaped with a seamless, matte-black shell.

A new projection, that of Executor Tuvul ballooned into the space, “It looks harmless.”

“Harmless?” Ballas boomed in Tuvul’s direction. He turned to the center of the dome, “Show them.”

On command, the guards backed away from the cart and readied their weapons. Their leader took careful aim and fired a whisper round into the body of my creation. Two of the limbs tore off the frame revealing a glossy, gelatinous interior.

Silence gripped the dome as Tuvul shook his head. Then suddenly, the creature moved, convulsed, the hard surface started undulating. In a moment the wound closed and the thing was whole again. Beside it another machine had grown from its severed parts. Their surfaces had changed however - brighter, harder, resilient to whisper rounds now.

Ballas looked triumphant as voting lights began to appear on the judgement disc.

My green death was coming, so I roared at them, “Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject its power? No. They conquered their fear and learned to control it. The Seven Principles are a joke.”

His projection swooped down to me, “The Orokin is the law and the law is the Orokin. We are unbending. Your appeal is denied.”

Tuvul interrupted, “Our laws are sacred but do not forget The Plan, Ballas.” His visage turned down to me, “Countless other ventures have failed The Plan, how will this machine fulfill its design?”

I tried to catch my breath and speak, “The crossing to the Tau system is perilous. Adaptation and replication are the only way a terraforming journey can be made. They will build an interstellar rail as they travel, they will adapt to the host planet and prepare it for our arrival. They will save you.”

Tuvul peered down at me, “And when it completes its task, what will prevent it from turning against us, as the Seven Principles say?”

“The flaw.”

Tuvul’s eyes narrowed, “The flaw?”

The Void is poison to them. Once they have reached Tau they will be marooned there. To travel the rail here would destroy them. Whatever the risks, the Origin system will be-

Ballas shouted, “Enough! Dereliction of the law threatens the entire empire. Which one of you will risk this?” Ballas was growing increasingly frustrated.

“The empire is already at risk,” cried the shrill voice of another Executor, “Or perhaps you haven’t noticed from your cozy position on Mars.” To this there was a round of applause and the judgement disk remained unchanged.

“Ballas, you lack consensus.” shouted Executor Tuvul.

His projection seemed to shrink smaller until he finally broke his silence, “Archimedian Perintol, against my better judgement,” his disgust was palpable, “Your appeal has been accepted. You are free to go.”

One by one the projections of each Executor in the Tribunal flickered off and the guards ushered me into the hall. There I stood, rapt with shock when I heard his footsteps behind me.

“You did better than I thought you would,” it was Ballas, the man, not the projection. “It would seem nobody truly knows they want a thing until you threaten to take it away.” He broke into a smile, “Wouldn’t you agree, Archimedian?”

29 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Here. Detron Crewman Synthesis

Yeah, read it again. The Sentients aren't poisoned if they sit in Tau like good little slaves waiting patiently for the Orokin. They only become barren if they take the rail BACK from Tau to Earth (or Pluto, technically)

The Orokin are stupid, they aren't the "let's invent a self-replicating machine and immediately stop its ability to self-replicate on day 1" kind of stupid

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yeah, read it again. The Sentients aren't poisoned if they sit in Tau like good little slaves waiting patiently for the Orokin. They only become barren if they take the rail BACK from Tau to Earth (or Pluto, technically)

The Orokin are stupid, they aren't the "let's invent a self-replicating machine and immediately stop its ability to self-replicate on day 1" kind of stupid

While I agree, I also have to think of it from a logical point of view too.

Machines that can replicate are able to harvest resources, and use that to replicate themselves, which then speeds up the process.

By allowing something to create more of itself, you don't have to constantly send more there, only a small batch that can grow its numbers and more efficiently and more quickly do the job.

I remember there being a concept for how Humanity. Could in theory colonize our entire Galaxy, within hundreds of thousands of years if we sent self-replicating robots out into space. Harvest resources from the planet, to make more of themselves, then they will then go to send more of them off into space, which continues the process ad infinitum until the entire galaxy or beyond can be colonized.

I bring this up, because I feel this is the same sort of thing the Orokin had intended of the Sentient, just to a single system rather than the whole galaxy.

18 minutes ago, Zahnrad said:

I remember there being a concept for how Humanity. Could in theory colonize our entire Galaxy, within hundreds of thousands of years if we sent self-replicating robots out into space. Harvest resources from the planet, to make more of themselves, then they will then go to send more of them off into space, which continues the process ad infinitum until the entire galaxy or beyond can be colonized.

Von Neumann probes.

I definitely get your point, I just don't think that was a forefront concern of the engineers. The Sentients directive is less "explosively replicate as much as possible to cover as much area as possible," and more "replicate enough to maintain a stable population to finish the job"

The vulnerability against the void was kind of the final failsafe the Orokin build into the probes that were supposed to extend the gateway network all the way to Tau (Ceti). But the probes learned to adapt and overcome all of the safeguards except the final one. The one that would leave the Sentient probes unable to replicate if they ever used the void gateway themselves.

21 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I get your point of reasoning but it just doesnt make sense based on the Orokin plan. Hear me out.

Their plan was to maroon the sentients in Tau through void poisoning. If the path to Tau was safe then the sentients could take that same route back when they figure out the gate would kill or damage them. That wouldnt exactly maroon them since they'd have a safe option and then a fast dangerous one.

Plus the solar rails make use of the void, so wouldnt it make sense if they were placed in regions of void between Sol and Tau?

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

If the path to Tau was safe then the sentients could take that same route back when they figure out the gate would kill or damage them. That wouldnt exactly maroon them since they'd have a safe option and then a fast dangerous one.

They're also robots. The Orokin just programmed "Void = very ouch" into their list of hazards to avoid. Yes the entire plot is the Sentients growing beyond their programming, but that doesn't mean throwing out basic common sense. The Orokin being evil doesn't mean "Void = ouch" stops being true

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Plus the solar rails make use of the void, so wouldnt it make sense if they were placed in regions of void between Sol and Tau?

I'm pretty sure Solar Rails exist within realspace and use Void energy. That means the Sentients can BUILD them, but not USE them

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

While I'm unsure if anything has specifically stated this, my assumption is that the Void exists everywhere within the Warframe Universe, like a secondary Universe overlapping our own.

I even speculated in the past, maybe it's related to Dark Matter, or has a Gravitational effect on things inside and outside of it, like Dark Matter.

This is my only logical explanation as to why Lua stayed in Earth's orbit despite being erased from history for potentially thousands of years.

Edited by Zahnrad

18 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

They're also robots. The Orokin just programmed "Void = very ouch" into their list of hazards to avoid. Yes the entire plot is the Sentients growing beyond their programming, but that doesn't mean throwing out basic common sense. The Orokin being evil doesn't mean "Void = ouch" stops being true

I dont see what that has to do with what you quoted. No matter if they are programmed to avoid the void (which also wouldnt make sense since it was supposed to be a flaw that simply kills them if they use the gates, so why would they make them aware of it?) it wouldnt change that the route they took to avoid the void would also be available for them to make it back to Sol and not use the rail. Which would also be the likely outcome if they already knew the rails would be potentially deadly to them. The whole point was to maroon them in Tau, but that wouldnt be the case if there was an actual safe route back, the same safe route they used to get to Tau in the first place.

However it could be possible they went to Tau safely. Didnt know about the poisoning, so used the rail to get to Sol. Things went bad, a bunch fled back to Tau and then took the safe way back to Sol for The New War. But that would also mean that the time between the Zariman and the Old War was very long, because the game takes place roughly 1000 years after The Old War. And it seems that the sentients have build their army on the way back to Sol, so how freakin long did it take them to get to Tau in the first place?

19 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'm pretty sure Solar Rails exist within realspace and use Void energy. That means the Sentients can BUILD them, but not USE them

Well yes otherwise we wouldnt see them etc. That doesnt mean they arent placed in places where the void spills into real space.

18 hours ago, Zahnrad said:

While I'm unsure if anything has specifically stated this, my assumption is that the Void exists everywhere within the Warframe Universe, like a secondary Universe overlapping our own.

I even speculated in the past, maybe it's related to Dark Matter, or has a Gravitational effect on things inside and outside of it, like Dark Matter.

This is my only logical explanation as to why Lua stayed in Earth's orbit despite being erased from history for potentially thousands of year

Yeah it is an extra dimension ontop of reality that seems to be everywhere and spills into reality in certain places.

Lua staying in orbit can just be time related aswell, since the void itself is supposedly timeless.

Am 20.5.2024 um 12:32 schrieb AdrianIsNear:

Been playing this game on and off for years (since the update before Plains of Eidolon), and over that time, I've lost a lot of knowledge of the game's story and character information. Because of that, I made a new account, and noticed that the intro has changed, as well as quest progression. I never really cared for the story back then, but since those years I've became a huge lore addict in video games. Right now, I'd call myself a new player even though I have experience in gameplay.

That being said, I'm about to start the Archwing quest, and I'm questioning if I should watch lore videos, or do research about game events that happened before this story quest was released as an update. I say this because when I played Saya's Vigil, I heard that players knew about Vay Hek before the Plains of Eidolon update, and they also knew about sentients and other stuff that is pretty important. For a newcoming player, none of this stuff is familiar for a quest that has to be played before getting to Venus, and even though that stuff might be explained later in the story, I can't help but feel like I'm following it in the "wrong way" in the game's timeline. Btw Lotus even said some lines acting like I should know whatevers going on and its pretty annoying.

So are there any story elements, expired events, lore that isn't in the game anymore, or even quests that are misplaced in the story's continuity that I should know of before continuing the story and its future quests? Any information helps and is appreciated :)

do not know...
Instead, relax and enjoy the whole thing with a lot of joy! 😉
Because in the end it's all about fun and positive emotions! 👍

cool-fun.gif

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The whole point was to maroon them in Tau, but that wouldnt be the case if there was an actual safe route back, the same safe route they used to get to Tau in the first place.

The safe route is the slow route: sub-light-speed travel. Takes hundreds if not thousands of years of years

In real life Voyager 1 is traveling a whopping 40,000 miles an hour away from the Sun. At that speed it would still take over 200,000 years to reach the real life version of Tau, a measly 12 light years away

We can assume the Sentients move faster than that, even when building the Solar Rail, since the Orokin want the thing actually finished at some point. I can ballpark it at 500 years to build the Solar Rail, during which time the Sentients are NOT being poisoned by the Void. After all they aren't in the Void, and the rail hasn't been turned on yet, so no poisoning is going on

Now the Sentients are at Tau, nice and fertile without having been poisoned, and are terraforming the place like the good little slaves the Orokin still assume they are. The Sentients quickly realize the Orokin are evil and plan a rebellion. The plan is simple: first the Praghasa fleet travels using the Solar Rail to get there quickly, meanwhile the Scarlet Spear fleet (yes I will just call them that) travels with sub-light-speed travel. Praghasa will get there in about a day, because the rail is fast, but since using the rail exposes you to the Void it renders them all sterile. Scarlet Spear fleet takes another 500 years to reach Veil Proxima, a slow batch of reinforcements but are still unpacked and fertile. The only problem is, 500 years is still a long time, so much time Natah has already betrayed the Sentients and put the Tenno in the Second Dream

On 2024-05-20 at 3:32 AM, AdrianIsNear said:

I'm late to the party but I'd say going in blind is the best experience. In fact, go in  blind with the entire game. I've always played without going to vids and my experience has been absolutely incredible!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

We can assume the Sentients move faster than that, even when building the Solar Rail, since the Orokin want the thing actually finished at some point. I can ballpark it at 500 years to build the Solar Rail, during which time the Sentients are NOT being poisoned by the Void. After all they aren't in the Void, and the rail hasn't been turned on yet, so no poisoning is going on

Now the Sentients are at Tau, nice and fertile without having been poisoned, and are terraforming the place like the good little slaves the Orokin still assume they are. The Sentients quickly realize the Orokin are evil and plan a rebellion. The plan is simple: first the Praghasa fleet travels using the Solar Rail to get there quickly, meanwhile the Scarlet Spear fleet (yes I will just call them that) travels with sub-light-speed travel. Praghasa will get there in about a day, because the rail is fast, but since using the rail exposes you to the Void it renders them all sterile. Scarlet Spear fleet takes another 500 years to reach Veil Proxima, a slow batch of reinforcements but are still unpacked and fertile. The only problem is, 500 years is still a long time, so much time Natah has already betrayed the Sentients and put the Tenno in the Second Dream

I dont know where you get the ballpark number of 500 years from. We know from the game lore that it is 1000 year or so after The Old War, meaning we really have no ballpark number for how long the slow route takes since we know the sentients waited after the old war before heading back, but we dont know for how long. But you are also mixing up the events in the following part.

Both Praghasa and Erra were there during The Old War, both were also part of the fleet that was sent for the events of Scarlet Spear and The New War. Praghasa died due to The Old War, we dont know when, but Praghasa is used as a tool during The New War. She's used as a flying garrison and for the purpose of using her as the weapon she was designed for for The Old War already. So both fleets being sent around the same time isnt a thing. The Old War happened, the sentients lost, those that could fled and then later on the events leading to The New War happens. In addition to that the beasts were there aswell during The Old War, and then remade for The New War as archons.

The whole thing with the void making them sterile is questionable aswell, since Hunhow gives "birth" to Natah after he has reached Sol and after Ballas has spilled the beans about the tenno and frame duality. Which is far into the war since it is after the frames have been created, failed and had the tenno included in the whole thing. Since Natah is made for the purpose to infiltrate and deal with all of that.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont know where you get the ballpark number of 500 years from

Just something to make it easier to type

We know from the game lore that it is 1000 year or so after The Old War

We actually don't, but if you want to replace my 500 with 1000 go ahead

since Hunhow gives "birth" to Natah after he has reached Sol and after Ballas has spilled the beans about the tenno and frame duality

No, Natah was born in Tau and made the Solar Rail jump with her father Hunhow, confirmed in the "Natah" Quest

• Like 1

We actually don't, but if you want to replace my 500 with 1000 go ahead

We somewhat know thanks to the exsistance of Lephantis. Which is a millennia old weapon from the old war. That would imply it is 2000 years or older.

No, Natah was born in Tau and made the Solar Rail jump with her father Hunhow, confirmed in the "Natah" Quest

We have more recent info than that though. Both Ballas in his pen-pal letter to Hunhow aswell as Natah herself telling us her story confirms that she is a later creation, because she isnt conceived until the secrets of the frames have been revealed to Hunhow. Which is long into The Old War, meaning the sentients and Hunhow are in Sol when she in conceived. The Sacrifice gives us a timeline of events and Natah tells us which events her creation is tied to, which is post- Warframe+Tenno duality, which places it after the sentient invasion of Sol.

She is made for a specific purpose, a purpose that could not be known while the sentients were still in Tau, since at that time there werent even any frames, since the frames were created in order to combat the sentients because other methods had already failed. Then the frames turn against the Orokin aswell which leads to the tenno. Then after that Ballas reveals those secrets to the sentients, which leads to them conceiving Natah the mimic to infiltrate the Orokin and kill the tenno.

Posted (edited)

You shouldn't need to prepare for anything lore wise just keep in mind the following: Nearly every line of dialogue is metaphor within quests. So be prepared for that. Especially when Teshin is at the helm. Personally, sometimes it makes me roll my eyes when it gets overworked. Metaphor can be an enticing story telling element. It evokes a sense of mystery, and that can draw players into the experience readily, though I think DE relies on it too much.

Let clarity and directness have it's day too.

Edited by PrideB4TheFall