The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want Ember Heirloom But She Desperately Need a Revisit Before I Buy

Agreed, especially her 4th, complete buzz kill. Rocks from space ≠ fire. Bring back world on fire, or give us something else, anything else, just make it keep to the "fire" theme, her name's EMBER, not METEOR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Agreed, especially her 4th, complete buzz kill. Rocks from space ≠ fire. Bring back world on fire, or give us something else, anything else, just make it keep to the "fire" theme, her name's EMBER, not METEOR.

The only thing the old WoF killed was time and patience 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

The only thing the old WoF killed was time and patience 

While i agree bringing back world on fire probably isn't the best move, it would at least be more thematically accurate. What we really need is a new 4th.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

I HATE the meteors from space WoF. Functionally, it's ok to me, but from a sci-fi aspect, it just seems lame. 

I would've preferred of they kept the spontaneous combustion, even if it worked the same. The idea of enemies just bursting onto flames is so much cooler than copy/pasting fire mage spells from fantasy. 

I also miss Oberons radiation carpet. Wish one of his skins had it as an option.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Posted (edited)

She's very okay where she is. Her second gives damage reduction at zero energy upkeep cost between heat levels of 50% to 89%. Once you hit 90% hit her third to cool off. 

Her first and fourth add invisible stacks to make her heat level increase more quickly; again just use her third the same number of times you pressed 1 or 4 to offset the heat increase rate. She's just not click-and-forget like Mirage, Gauss, Xaku, Octavia, etc.

To be fair, some sort of UI indicator to tell the player how many heat stacks are active would be nice.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG
correction

I've had much more success with Ember as a weapons platform. Subsumed roar over her 4, with good enough enemy density you can get crazy high buffs on Fireball Frenzy and Roar. I use her with my kuva ogris and it melts.

i say this an old ember and ember prime main.

the problem with ember is that ember doesn't fit any role as well as other frames do.

anything you try to do with her, other frames do better. so why would anyone who wants to be efficient use ember?

ember needs an entire rework.

On 2024-06-01 at 8:34 AM, (XBOX)TheMadCash said:

Not even trying to be funny but im updating an old build I had on her for awhile. She literally has nothing going on for her in her kit. Her abilities dont even kill after stripping armor completely at all. Then her 4th applies ONE heat proc. I think the heat procs should steadily climb for as long as the ability is up. Or give her a special ui that shows how many Heat procs she can proc the longer she continues to burn from her 2. Ember could be goated for a frame thats all about heat but her abilities are very underwhelming. It’s been almost 2 or 3 YEARS since I’ve seen an Ember out in the wild. Pls have Pablo give her another look.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Nice. With Ember's 3 being her helminth now every frame has access to armor strip + overguard. Just like that, Healing Flame now feels like a mandatory augment. Now I'll have to review my build after work.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I just saw this on Instagram and didn't know how to share it here so thank you lol.

Healing Flames giving Overguard is a bit crazy because now everyone will have access to Overguard now, right? (Unless I'm forgetting an ability) I'm curious how that will interact with Rhino.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Healing Flames giving Overguard is a bit crazy because now everyone will have access to Overguard now, right?

Oh, that's a good point.  I'd honestly forgot that Healing Flames was a Fire Blast augment.  (If it's not clear, I don't know much about Ember. :P )

15 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

I'm curious how that will interact with Rhino.

How does it work now when he gets additional Overguard from an ally?

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's fantastic. Kept the Heat system and further incentivized maintaining Heat. Pablo CAN keep getting away with it.

25 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Healing Flames giving Overguard is a bit crazy because now everyone will have access to Overguard now, right? (Unless I'm forgetting an ability) I'm curious how that will interact with Rhino.

Currently it's only a base pf 37 HP per enemy via Helminth so it's not going to stack much of it without heavy strength investment. Though even then I suspect it'll be subject to some Helminth nerf thanks to the changes. Two casts to reliably full strip a room plus Overguard's guaranteed invulnerability gating and OSP sounds like way too broad of an ability for them to leave as is, even if it's costing a mod + Helminth slot.

Also wondering if it'll topple Gloom in usage even if it's not a set and forget ability.

Edited by trst
  • Like 2

vor 10 Minuten schrieb trst:

That's fantastic. Kept the Heat system and further incentivized maintaining Heat. Pablo CAN keep getting away with it.

Currently it's only a base pf 37 HP per enemy via Helminth so it's not going to stack much of it without heavy strength investment. Though even then I suspect it'll be subject to some Helminth nerf thanks to the changes. Two casts to reliably full strip a room plus Overguard's guaranteed invulnerability gating and OSP sounds like way too broad of an ability for them to leave as is, even if it's costing a mod + Helminth slot.

Also wondering if it'll topple Gloom in usage even if it's not a set and forget ability.

I think the overguard will be exclusively useful for the damage gate. Ironically I think it's the least useful on ember herself because she doesnt really want to spam fire blast to survive.

53 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Interesting, the overguard we'll have to test if it's ACTUALLY good like if she can generate the same amount of overguard as frost for example then that's gonna be her main tanking thing now but if it's like atlas' 4 augment then i doubt it'll be worth running the OG augment on her at all 

21 minutes ago, trst said:

Yeah I'm curious if the Helminth side of Fire Blast comes out of this update unscathed

12 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I think the overguard will be exclusively useful for the damage gate. 

With the power of updates and helminth, we can finally give Inaros Shield Gating, what a time to be alive. 

Gerade eben schrieb TeaHands:

Yeah I'm curious if the Helminth side of Fire Blast comes out of this update unscathed

With the power of updates and helminth, we can finally give Inaros Shield Gating, what a time to be alive. 

My first reaction was 'no way that will make it to the live build' but now I am not quite so sure anymore. We know DE's goal is to lower nourish's helminth usage and with the light nerf to nourish there need to be buffs to other helminth abilities to accomplish that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Pablo says the Overguard generation is for Ember only

818uTti.png

As for the rest of the changes, they don't really change the needle on Ember I'd say. Reduced energy drain on Immolation is cool, but doesn't change much unless they remove the energy drain growth. It doesn't change how unfun it is to be punished for having max heat meter. How strong the punishment is has been reduced over the years as our methods of energy generation get more numerous, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a punishment.
It's even more sad cause Pablo hit on a solution; Fire Blast will cost less energy based on how high the meter is, yet Immolation won't have a similar mechanic. A "simple" change would've been to have Immolation have an upfront energy drain that is reduced based on how full the Heat Gauge is. You could have it drain the Heat Gauge as an additional cost. This changes the perspective. You are rewarded for keeping the meter high, something you want for the rest of her abilities, instead of punished.

The Fireball changes are welcome but kinda whatever in the end.

No changes at all on Inferno is extremely disappointing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Another thing Ember fans have been looking for:

cat Heavy breathing GIF

They could have just added this and I would have been happy. Definitely bringing Ember back into rotation with this update hot damn.

• Like 1