Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your general opinion on Arcanes?

I like them. I’ve got a few maxed and am looking forward to getting more, but they’re not like “I must have them or my gameplay experience is ruined”, so I’m happy to earn them as I play with no real pressure to rush. They add more options to build and customise, they’re another bit of extrinsic reward to earn while I’m already using things I want to, and they’re as necessary for a build as anything is, so they’re nothing too special.

Definitely glad that there’s a range of options and it’s not just basic damage or survival increases; the Kitgun ones are complicated and convoluted, and I love that and am looking forward to fleshing out my collection, and I like the more niche choices like parkour

Some does change how you build a warframe. Or allow you to play a certain style, regardless of what type the warframe is. As long as you can forfill the conditions.

Molt Reconstruct. = You heal using abilities. (Also heals allies, turning you into a caster/healer.

Arcane trickery. = You wanna play assassin? here go do crime.

Battery Armor (New) = Ohh, you wanna be a walking fortress/tank? have some energy to keep yourself powered up. (Might be able to replace Primed Flow on alot of frames)

Molt augmented. = I see your nukin alot of enemies there, suck up their strength for yourself my little warcriminal. (Im looking at you Saryn) Also lets you save a potential mod slot)

Melee Duplicate. = Sure. Im only doing first tier crits. But im not doing high enough level content that it matters, but i sure like a two for one deal.

Secondary encumber. = Saryn. What did i say about smooching the enemy,... 'Dont worry fella, im sure the docs got a cure for... ALL OF THAT...' 'Gives card to a funeral home'

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dexmaster said:

My question is, for those who have engaged with this system, do you feel like it works? Is the grind for a max rank Energize really as bad as it seems? Do you think it was worth it? Do you feel like they are a necessary part of certain builds?

there was a long time where I didn't really have many Arcanes, despite being a high MR player that most would assume would be in possession of at least the basics. it wasn't really until opportunities like Scarlet Spear arrived that I could get Arcanes more easily, since I wasn't the most skilled eidolon hunter and hated trading still do). tot his day I still have a few Eidolon Arcanes not yet ranked, though they are the ones I wouldn't normally use anyhow, so it'd only be for completion's sake.

to answer your question though, I feel the system is like many others in warframe where it has definitely gotten better with time, and many of the newer arcanes are very good, but the older/oldest ones are showing their age. there are exceptions of course, like Energize and Grace, which will nearly always be useful, but who's putting on Arcane Warmth for example? some like Arcane Nullifier might have a niche use case like for Eidolons, but a lot of them just don't really offer that much compared to their newer brethren.

Energize specifically was definitely worth it, though admittedly it was easier for me to get it because again, I wasn't hunting eidolons at every opportunity, I just farmed the hell out of Scarlet Spear until I had enough for a full set. I was kinda bummed there was only a few arcanes I could get at the time until the event ended, but I definitely picked the right one, and I recommend others do the same (seriously, if Energize pops up in "belly of the Beast" and you don't have it, get it, even if you don't get any others: you can always try your luck with Loid if all else fails lol.)

as for them being "necessary", it depends on exactly what kind of content you do regularly. you don't really need them at all for the starmap, arbitrations or Sorties, but if you're goign on Steel Path, Archon Hunts or Netracells and Deep Archimedia, then you really could do with them. they can offer a tremendous power boost and many people will show you ways to build an entire frame and weapon loadout around a specific arcane (Melee Influence being one of the most recent examples). hard content is doable without them, but it's way more of a slog when you don't have energize to top you up, for example.

my advice is get them if you can. with certain enemy types like Thrax and Gruzzlings dropping them, various syndicates selling tons of them, and Loid as an RNG fallback option, it's never been easier than it is now to get Arcanes, so I can't really fault the system for Arcane Acquisition. my only gripe is that some of the oldest, especially bronze Arcanes, really don't ever seem to get an opportunity to shine (unless there's some strange builds out there I don't know about). 

Worst thing to happen along with parkour 2.0. It's just more stuff to grind. Theey should have kept the game simple and stuck with regular mods, none of that arcane, Arcon, Amalgam rubbish.

21 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally, I dislike Eidelons, so I can't speak to that grind.  There was a temporary event a few years ago called Operation: Orphix Venom where players could gain currency during the event and then spend them to buy Arcanes.  I went hard and got the Arcanes that I most wanted, including Energize.  For me personally, I think it was worth it, because the Arcanes I accumulated have opened up some great build possibilities for me.

I was there for Orphix Venom! Unfortunately I just went for Lavos Components like an idiot.

I like them, I find many fun, they are another tool in the arsenal that can be used to great effect depending on what you want to do exactly. I do think that the grind to get some of them can be a bit too excessive, reliant on time gates, RNG etc. Personally I wish there was some sort of shop, for every Arcane, that used a resource that could be used to select Arcanes to purchase, if you don't have good luck. Also, such shops do already exist, for some Arcanes, just nit for others... Depending on which Arcane/part of the game respectively well... 

I personally like experimenting and testing some of the more niche Arcanes, around parkour, jumping, wall clinging, etc or unpopular element Arcanes, but I also will use some more meta, popular Arcanes too. Energise is really good, and can help a lot of builds, but when I said some are a bit excess and pricey, well, its this Arcane, its the one I am talking about. For myself? I was like, I enjoy Eidolons, and I also have been around long enough to participate in several events you could do and get Energise from that way, if you didn't like Energise, and now we also have an Arcane reroll system but ehhh... Anyway Arcanes are somethings I do generally look forward to. Zariman and Duviri had some good ones. There are some I wished we buffed/improved (Deimos). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Let me tell you a story that will hopefully help clear up this misunderstanding:

I really appreciate your efforts and consideration. I know that it doesn't necessarily mean as much, because you were trying to reach the other user, and perhaps they misunderstood or misinterpreted your intent and not necessarily through any fault of their own. Just that I think its good to recognise when people tried and put in effort, and I definitely think you did, with the best intentions. 

Hopefully the other user receives it well, too. 

Thank you for always being so polite and well intentioned all the same, pretty much in every thread I see you post in. 

36 minutes ago, Dexmaster said:

I was there for Orphix Venom! Unfortunately I just went for Lavos Components like an idiot.

There will be another new event (not the same as Orphix, but the reward structure will be similar) in a few weeks with Jade Shadows, where you can get the opportunity to grab some again. Worth keeping an eye out for it! 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PSN)slightconfuzzled:

I like them, I find many fun, they are another tool in the arsenal that can be used to great effect depending on what you want to do exactly. I do think that the grind to get some of them can be a bit too excessive, reliant on time gates, RNG etc. Personally I wish there was some sort of shop, for every Arcane, that used a resource that could be used to select Arcanes to purchase, if you don't have good luck. Also, such shops do already exist, for some Arcanes, just nit for others... Depending on which Arcane/part of the game respectively well... 

I personally like experimenting and testing some of the more niche Arcanes, around parkour, jumping, wall clinging, etc or unpopular element Arcanes, but I also will use some more meta, popular Arcanes too. Energise is really good, and can help a lot of builds, but when I said some are a bit excess and pricey, well, its this Arcane, its the one I am talking about. For myself? I was like, I enjoy Eidolons, and I also have been around long enough to participate in several events you could do and get Energise from that way, if you didn't like Energise, and now we also have an Arcane reroll system but ehhh... Anyway Arcanes are somethings I do generally look forward to. Zariman and Duviri had some good ones. There are some I wished we buffed/improved (Deimos). 

Actually, it's been a long time since certain arcanes could be farmed specifically. The shop plays a big role here. Then players can farm reputation/mats and level up arcanes easily.
Because certain arcanes like energize/grace still have a ridiculous drop chance. The content where the arcanes drop can be safely ignored because trading is much quicker.

Or as an example: I play Diviri Lone Story every day and buy arcanes from the shop. Because I rarely or even never get an arcane from SP Circuit, which is what I want. And a run like that takes more than an hour.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Actually, it's been a long time since certain arcanes could be farmed specifically. The shop plays a big role here. Then players can farm reputation/mats and level up arcanes easily. Because certain arcanes like energize/grace still have a ridiculous drop chance. The content where the arcanes drop can be safely ignored because trading is much quicker.

Or as an example: I play Diviri Lone Story every day and buy arcanes from the shop. Because I rarely or even never get an arcane from SP Circuit, which is what I want. And a run like that takes more than an hour.

Yeah Acrithis is a good source for Arcanes (the lady who runs the ship in Duviri). I get them from her too. 

There are some Undercroft Portals that guarantee Arcanes, but you have to get a few Decrees first and search for them. and like you say, they can take a long time. I agree. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

They seem to be a band-aid solution, especially for primary and secondary weapons. It created also noticeable imbalances between weapons that lack good arcanes or have none at all. When primary and secondary arcanes were introduced without melee arcanes for years the meta immediately shifted to weapons with those arcanes. Likewise the 'power mode' archgun weapons were left behind with the lack of arcane weapon slots.

• Like 1

I'll say I like the vosfor option. I really don't care for Eidolon hunting much. (it's a very specific setup and rules of the road model.)  Since Loid came along I've been able to get a very solid footing on Eidolon amps. The thing that annoys me the most is the night time gate, the learning curve is pretty steep and to me, not worth the effort.

Using arcanes: pretty good

not using arcanes: pretty good

farming for arcanes: eh, kinda painful depending on your luck

Diversity of arcanes: low because several builds only use the same handful(arcane avenger, gaurdian, and energize just to name a few)

17 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

There are some Undercroft Portals that guarantee Arcanes

I’ve never heard of these portals. Are they only in Steel Path or are they like every other Duviri Activity?

4 hours ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

I’ve never heard of these portals. Are they only in Steel Path or are they like every other Duviri Activity?

They were added a bit later after Duviri launched, I think maybe in one of the updates after.

Anyway these new types were side objectives and they included harder enemies (and a lot more Eximus), I think you needed to have at least 7 Decrees before they were unlocked, you have to be in Duviri Experience, and not Lone Story, and there would only be three. There are only a few different places where they are, but if i recall correctly, once you do an Orowrym, they will be marked on the map with a small icon. 

As for whether it has to be Steel Path or not, I am not certain. From what I understand, they show up in Steel Path and normal mode, but they draw from different pools. Steel Path offers up all the Duviri Arcanes, and normal has a small selection of generally less desirable Arcanes. Though if you don't have any Arcanes, whats desirable may vary in mileage). I am going off memory and might be wrong, but I think normal offers all the non Legendary Eidolon Arcanes (so no Energise, Grace, and a few others, but other stuff like Trickery, Pulse). They will also loosely correspond to the same Arcanes you get from their Circuit modes. 

Hope that helps. 

13 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

They were added a bit later after Duviri launched, I think maybe in one of the updates after.

Anyway these new types were side objectives and they included harder enemies (and a lot more Eximus), I think you needed to have at least 7 Decrees before they were unlocked, you have to be in Duviri Experience, and not Lone Story, and there would only be three. There are only a few different places where they are, but if i recall correctly, once you do an Orowrym, they will be marked on the map with a small icon. 

As for whether it has to be Steel Path or not, I am not certain. From what I understand, they show up in Steel Path and normal mode, but they draw from different pools. Steel Path offers up all the Duviri Arcanes, and normal has a small selection of generally less desirable Arcanes. Though if you don't have any Arcanes, whats desirable may vary in mileage). I am going off memory and might be wrong, but I think normal offers all the non Legendary Eidolon Arcanes (so no Energise, Grace, and a few others, but other stuff like Trickery, Pulse). They will also loosely correspond to the same Arcanes you get from their Circuit modes. 

Hope that helps. 

Ok, that helps, I’ve always just ran through the portal after defeating the orowyrm so I guess I’ve missed some stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

Ok, that helps, I’ve always just ran through the portal after defeating the orowyrm so I guess I’ve missed some stuff.

All good! I think they will be adding Pathos Clamps to those same Undercroft Portals in a near future update as well, so even more reason to start looking out for them (they didn't say how much though, so we will have to wait and see)

Take care! 

I'm the type of player that goes all in on any game i play. I guess everything I choose to do in life is that way. If something is worth doing it's worth doing well.

I was doing eidolons before I was MR10 to rank focus and farm arcanes. That seemed like 2 things that would help my account progress the most.

By the time scarlet spear came out I wasn't a full year into the game but I had already maxed almost all of the warframe arcanes. I finished maxing a couple arcanes during that event and stacked almost 20x max rank energize. I stacked even more energize with the orphix venom event. Arcanes have been a huge source of plat that has funded the majority of the game for me. 

Not having to worry about basic stuff like getting weapon/frame slots, forma, potatoes, etc lets me play the game however I want since my basic needs are met. I can also purchase  new stuff that I don't feel like farming since I've farmed enough arcanes in the past to fund myself for years. 

I couldn't imagine playing this game without arcanes. I wouldn't leave my house without shoes on my feet and I'm not playing a mission without arcanes on everything,