The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rad procs and Defense destruction

This nonsense needed to stop 11 years ago.

Just did an arbitration that went a whopping 3 rounds before it was destroyed having taken minimal shield damage prior. 

Not sure how the coding checks out.

It makes no sense to have this possibility exist. When all it delivers  is angry "WTF?" Chat on the mission failure screen. As does rad proc instant death on sorties. 

Edited by PrideB4TheFall
  • Like 1

11 минут назад, PrideB4TheFall сказал:

Reconsidering...

Is defense in arbitration only VIP? No option for a cryo capsule?  It was on the Taranis map.

To be honest, it's been a really long time since I've played Arbitration mode and I could have forgotten a thing or two. But since the mission took place in the void it shouldn't be related to Arbitration game mode or anything like this. Because it is indeed possible to get a radiation status effect while playing Void defense mission of any kind. It can be done by activating one of 4 "laser beams" surrounding the original defense target position and getting hit by the beam. But those beams can be only activated manually and usually people don't touch them. So it's either was someone's mistake (most likely) or griefing (less likely, but not entirely out of options).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Arbitration Defense is all operative EXCEPT Stofler, Lua. Operative can infinite revive anyways.

If I remember correctly, arbitrations defence insta fails if the operative goes down, there's no revives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

There's no radiation procs in Arbitration missions.

Most likely the VIP target clipped through the level geometry and fell under the level where it died. Sadly, this happens sometimes.

Making that guy respawn on the surface without taking damage would be too good to be true, clearly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genitive said:

If I remember correctly, arbitrations defence insta fails if the operative goes down, there's no revives.

Huh? You might be right. It's been a year since I've done one myself.

6 hours ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Rad procs and Defense destruction

This nonsense needed to stop 11 years ago.

Just did an arbitration that went a whopping 3 rounds before it was destroyed having taken minimal shield damage prior.

Me remembering back when playing Ash required 1 IQ and people would just stand on top of a crate/console Spamming Bladestorm, often downing the whole team and destroying/killing defense objectives in Sorties Radiation missions.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

And

6 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

There's no radiation procs in Arbitration missions.

Most likely the VIP target clipped through the level geometry and felt under the level where it's died. Sadly, this happens sometime.

This is true, it has happened with me quite a few times. I had a friend that would often volunteer to play Loki just so he could switch teleport the VIP away from corners where he could get stuck or clip through the map.

4 hours ago, Genitive said:

had a somewhat similar experience, can't recall if it was arbys or archon, prob archon. Noticed we were getting rad procs and def target got killed and mission instantly failed. 

There are very very specific places you can get radiation procs ,

Radiation sorties (enemy damage or radioactive hazard zones),

Void (beams) 

Specific enemies like liches and sisters/hounds 

I forget if there is a radioactive barrel in some corpus tilesets.

So its firstly not common enough. And I would normally say to pay attention , but considering how cluttered everything is on the hud i have to admit it's hard to tell when you are radiated. Maybe a much more obvious indicator like the whole screen going red or something would be more effective.

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

There are very very specific places you can get radiation procs ,

Radiation sorties (enemy damage or radioactive hazard zones),

Void (beams) 

Specific enemies like liches and sisters/hounds 

I forget if there is a radioactive barrel in some corpus tilesets.

So its firstly not common enough. And I would normally say to pay attention , but considering how cluttered everything is on the hud i have to admit it's hard to tell when you are radiated. Maybe a much more obvious indicator like the whole screen going red or something would be more effective.

Theres certain things that, even if the whole screen turned beet red, would still obliterate a defend the thing before you even had a chance to react. (Mesa 4 for example.)

28 minutes ago, LordDragoonis said:

Was this in void tileset, then the areas laser trap would one shot target. activated by a noob in most cases

Good insight, while Octavia will never know the truth of it, she does remember some tool of a noob constantly pressing the button in all directions...

This game needs a mild shock the idiot through the mouse or controller functionality.

• Like 1