Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's salute to the best stool ever —— Jade Light of the Eximus

13 minutes ago, End_nether said:

Yes, you are right. many players like me all suck at the game. YOU ARE BEST EVER, AREN'T YOU? YOU KNOW EVERYTHING WITH THIS GAME. I really want to ask you to be my teacher and teach me how to play this game. What an arrogant guy. I didn't even know Warframe was meant to be played only by people like you.

Ok let me drop a quick apology, because it turns out the Jade Lasers got broken in today's hotfix and are dealing more damage than intended (I haven't been able to play this morning's hotfix)

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ok let me drop a quick apology, because it turns out the Jade Lasers got broken in today's hotfix and are dealing more damage than intended (I haven't been able to play this morning's hotfix)

From whats been read its about a 50% damage reduction that wasnt applying, It will still shred but less so.

9分钟前 , darklord122 说:

I feel like people are mainly complaining from the fact that's new, People are not used to a new way to play around them and honestly its a little dissapointing. We cant have the same eximus units added time and time again that just lets us be passive. Sometimes we have to actively engage with the gameplay and stay on our toes. We cant shake things up if we just repeat the same things over and over again.

I think people will honestly stop worrying so much when they realize the amount of stuff they can actually do against it.

To be honest, The appearance of Jade Light is just a mechanism for avoid AFK behavior. Closed.

6 hours ago, End_nether said:

I checked it. Let me tell you something:

First, Qorvex helped his teammates resist the fire DOT.

Second, Saryn uses her skills to kill mobs on a large scale, which is why there are relatively few mobs in his videos.

Third, Dante always avoids mobs.

Lastly, I am NOT denying the mechanism. I have the same idea as you, that the damage of this light is too high, and the frequency of spawn is relatively high.

1)Dante already gives overguard .... That grants status immunity ... Your first point is moot.

2)Yes , having a frame or player that kills quickly will mitigate some of it , but didn't you say the spawn is too high so the killing doesn't matter ? So is that no longer an issue?

3)Avoid mobs ? It's an elevator with very few places to hide. He remains pretty much in the open.

I am again reiterating , and partially agreeing to the part that the damage and jade eximus spawns need to be re checked (if not already done) but it is not impossible even then. I have a problem with your exaggerated view of how it is in actual gameplay.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am again reiterating , and partially agreeing to the part that the damage and jade eximus spawns need to be re checked (if not already done) but it is not impossible even then. I have a problem with your exaggerated view of how it is in actual gameplay.

even with the amount of movement in the video the dante is almost nearly always insta gibbed whenever the light even touches dante. how exactly do you think its effecting frames that cant generate this much overguard? it's simply too frequent when the light does appear and sometimes the enemies seem to spam the light from out of LOS. that combined with how fast the damage increases to one shot killing people, its not surprising people are saying its bugged.

can people play around bad, bugged design? duh. yes. doesnt change the fact that it is bad and bugged design though.

Edited by latetier
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, latetier said:

even with the amount of movement in the video the dante is almost nearly always insta gibbed whenever the light even touches dante. how exactly do you think its effecting frames that cant generate this much overguard? it's simply too frequent when the light does appear and sometimes the enemies seem to spam the light from out of LOS. that combined with how fast the damage increases to one shot killing people, its not surprising people are saying its bugged.

can people play around bad, bugged design? duh. yes. doesnt change the fact that it is bad and bugged design though.

Almost always instagibbed? What an oxymoronic statement to make. I didn't see him get downed even once. What I saw was a decent use of Overguard , Gating , Movement , Positioning and Targetted attacks. A decently skillful gameplay. 

I completed a solo SP ascension a few times with mirage , I got downed maybe 3 times , the last gasp kept me going. Managed to still complete in around 8 minutes even with the low drops for the charges.

I already said squishy frames will have it harder , but OP is complaining while using dante himself which stands out.

Maybe SP is not the ideal place to play for now until the bugs get fixed , I am kind of enjoying the challenge a bit though i still find the game mode itself a little bland.

• Like 1

It's pretty easy to just shoot them... but it's annoying to keep having to aim directly upwards, and I doubt it's fun on controller either. And they still clip into low ceilings, so that's fun and balanced.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, End_nether said:

I checked it. Let me tell you something:

First, Qorvex helped his teammates resist the fire DOT.

Second, Saryn uses her skills to kill mobs on a large scale, which is why there are relatively few mobs in his videos.

Third, Dante always avoids mobs.

If you're interpreting me as avoiding enemies, my best guess is that you're too focused on combat during the elevator ride up.  There's no need to fight off every enemy during that part of the mission, because the defense objective is invincible at that time.  Instead, the goal is to fuel the elevator.  Generally you don't need to fight many Eximi to keep it running, so your time is better spent searching for the special fuel hidden around the level which speeds up the elevator's velocity, which makes the mission shorter.  It's only after the elevator reaches the top that the defense objective becomes vulnerable again and killing becomes a high priority.

Regardless, you saw me engage in the mission, fight enemies with my melee, lose my Overguard multiple times, and recover from it every time without getting downed.  If you're interested, the trick to survival is in those moments.  And if you auto-match with a group, you'll get helpful teammates just like I did.

The rest is up to you.  I wish you the best.

I use max range high duration silence to deal with them. I can really feel the difference when I'm not using silence on that mission. With a high enough range, even the ones above will stop shooting their jade lights as long as silence is up. Additionally I found that you you can shoot at the beam to destroy it.

• Like 2

8小时前 , darklord122 说:

I feel like people are mainly complaining from the fact that's new, People are not used to a new way to play around them and honestly its a little dissapointing. We cant have the same eximus units added time and time again that just lets us be passive. Sometimes we have to actively engage with the gameplay and stay on our toes. We cant shake things up if we just repeat the same things over and over again.

I think people will honestly stop worrying so much when they realize the amount of stuff they can actually do against it.

A single instance of jade light in base SP, full hit, from start to finish, is capable of charging rhino skin up to 64 million. You read that right. 64 million.

A 0.5s brief contact of base SP jade light and Yareli can charge merulina health up to 300k.

These indirect measurement should put the jade light damage into perspective. It basically turns every SP mission into level cap where your health becomes binary.

Before anyone says "git gud" and leave, or says "oh it is so much fun and intense" and put on Revenant, ask yourself: is it the new normal you are looking for? Is that what "balance" looks like from now on? I don't think it is.

• Like 2

For me, it's not so much the damage it does, but the fact that it tracks you. If it was stationary and you just had to move away, then it's fine. But it follows you and catches up to you in a second. If you're not constantly moving every millisecond, the Jade Light will incinerate you. And, as someone with lacking reflexes and is constantly tired, I cannot focus 100% of my effort toward eliminating Jade Eximus when I have every other Eximus to watch out for. Oh, and unless you have a weapon with range as wide as the Arca Plasmor, it's quite difficult to shoot the Jade Light, which takes like ten-twenty shots with my Boltor Prime Incarnon. The only way for me to relax is by playing a Tank frame, and I don't want to just sit in a corner and wait until my enemies die from DOT. I want to move, aim, and shoot and use other abilities and Warframes, not be forced to a goddamn tank.

10 hours ago, latetier said:

don't be bothered by these forum warrior replys, they all like to pretend there is nothing wrong at all ever.

reddit has already confirmed this happens all the time to many people, the spawning of the light needs to be nerfed by a lot. or the damage. or both.

I just did a Steel Path mobile defence alert with a player playing Mesa and as soon as I stopped to cast my globe, mind you I couldn't see an eximus anywhere to be seen, as I hit my button for the skill to cast it the green light spawned in straight away no warning and bam killed straight up down I went with overguard active, so the green beam of death not only rips your overguard of in one hit it also bypasses shield gating, hmm yeah I need to git guder. SeMz4.gif lol

Edit:
Forgot to say I was playing as a pimped-out Frost, though the mention of globe should have given it away. :wink:

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Almost always instagibbed? What an oxymoronic statement to make. I didn't see him get downed even once. What I saw was a decent use of Overguard , Gating , Movement , Positioning and Targetted attacks. A decently skillful gameplay. 

I completed a solo SP ascension a few times with mirage , I got downed maybe 3 times , the last gasp kept me going. Managed to still complete in around 8 minutes even with the low drops for the charges.

I already said squishy frames will have it harder , but OP is complaining while using dante himself which stands out.

Maybe SP is not the ideal place to play for now until the bugs get fixed , I am kind of enjoying the challenge a bit though i still find the game mode itself a little bland.

you need a reading coherency test. or worse you misquote on purpose. what i said was almost always nearly instagibbed. 🙄

its like talking to a wall. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by latetier

21 minutes ago, latetier said:

you need a reading coherency test. or worse you misquote on purpose. what i said was almost always nearly instagibbed. 🙄

its like talking to a wall. 🤦‍♂️

ah yes as if "almost nearly always insta gibbed " (copied as per your original statement ) is any less oxymoronic by adding redundant words into the mix,

What does that even mean in essence ? did he get killed even once?

No he didnt ,so "instagibbed" is not even true, So what exactly are you saying? be clearer or explain what you actually mean.

Posted (edited)
8小时前 , 0_The_F00l 说:

1)Dante already gives overguard .... That grants status immunity ... Your first point is moot.

2)Yes , having a frame or player that kills quickly will mitigate some of it , but didn't you say the spawn is too high so the killing doesn't matter ? So is that no longer an issue?

3)Avoid mobs ? It's an elevator with very few places to hide. He remains pretty much in the open.

Conclusion: I seriously doubt you are presbyopia.

1) Dante is not always in Overguard status in this video, when the Overguard is removed by the light, the fire dot will continue to cause HP loss, and the DMG of this fire dot is very high, enough to cause instant death (of course, thanks to Qorvex for helping him resist this dot). So I suggest you use Nerkos, Khora, etc., and use your eyes to see how much damage this fire dot does.

2) I suggest you check a book called How to Improve your Comprehension. Saryn quickly kills these mobs, reducing the number of mobs in the mission, and in my mission, no one uses Saryn, so there is usually a lot of lights on my screen.

3)

a. Saryn killed many mobs, which in itself reduced the number of mobs.

b. Dante always walks in places where there are fewer mobs.

4) I thought this DMG and frequency of spawn was too high all along, I never said this mechanic was junk in my post, did I?

If you look at your previous comments, like others, the easier way is to avoid the light. I'm not an idiot. Don't I know how to avoid the light? If I wasn't protected by Overguard, I wouldn't even have a chance to chat during the mission, busy saving my teammates in void mode, and then halfway through the process, my frame would die.

By the way, try to use 3x nerkos and 1x wukong to do this mission in SP.

Edited by End_nether
additional info
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, End_nether said:

By the way, try to use 3x nerkos and 1x wukong to do this mission in SP.

my clan does it x2 nekros, 1 khora, and 1 w/e on sp and as long as silence is up its a walk in the park. Sometimes we even get 3 arcanes from the sister via dome+desecrate.

Edited by Sephylon086918

1分钟前 , Sephylon086918 说:

my clan does it x2 nekros, 1 khora, and 1 w/e on sp and as long as silence is up its a walk in the park. Sometimes we even get 3 arcanes from the sister via dome+desecrate.

I can get 32x steel essence by the way if lucky. Love my kavat called Lucky_meow_3_3.😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hazuruk said:

The solution is simple! Keep moving, and keep killing! When reviving allies, go into operator void mode!

This is not 100% fool proof. The jade light puts out so damage it can kick you out of Operator Mode and into your Warframe due to your Warframe nearly dying from the light. I went as Operator to revive a squad member while I played as Xaku with Unending Time up. I got to maybe 43% revival on the squadie when I was forced back into my Xaku sitting on 23 HP and beams chasing me. 

• Like 1

Have to say DE got me pretty good.

Be a Chroma Main

DE adds Guardian Armor Augment for Chroma so I can help teammates with health tanking by letting me take some of their damage.

DE adds a laser Eximus that can flavorblast you into next week if you don't see it coming.

Have some teammates that don't move that much during Belly of the Beast event.

Bye bye health!

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 2

40分钟前 , LittleLeoniePrime 说:

if you play an invis frame they won't target you or anything with silence subsumed they will simply be unable to cast the beam in the first place.

So we can see prices of Loki, Ivara, etc. are going to surge on WM?

2 minutes ago, End_nether said:

So we can see prices of Loki, Ivara, etc. are going to surge on WM?

haven't checked tbh. but on a slightly related note I also haven't seen the void armageddon changes affect hespar blade prices much so... I'd imagine no lol

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

8 hours ago, RichardKam said:

A single instance of jade light in base SP, full hit, from start to finish, is capable of charging rhino skin up to 64 million. You read that right. 64 million.

A 0.5s brief contact of base SP jade light and Yareli can charge merulina health up to 300k.

These indirect measurement should put the jade light damage into perspective. It basically turns every SP mission into level cap where your health becomes binary.

Before anyone says "git gud" and leave, or says "oh it is so much fun and intense" and put on Revenant, ask yourself: is it the new normal you are looking for? Is that what "balance" looks like from now on? I don't think it is.

I will just comment to say that, If you willingly stand in a laser that will deal that much damage then its honestly a problem for you specifically.

And do mind, The damage for those charge abilities and the damage to your actual frame are very much different. Otherwise surviving would be literally impossible if 0.5s would deal 300k in an instant, One prime example would be Harrow. His ult from start to finish in a full laser is around 600k-1.9 Million. The damage numbers differ and your frame would never take that straight on. No frame without survival capabilities for damage would ever be able to withstand that and here I am on SP running nekros actively sapping my own health away while being able to actively stand in it for about at the very least 1-3 seconds before my health really starts to go. 

These damage numbers only go to the extreme if you don't do anything to deal with the situation. And having to deal with an enemy or an ability associated to it should not be that hard of an ask to do, Especially when those enemies also go on cool-downs between lasers.

The stuff Ive had to hear from balancing in this game is laughable.
"This enemy is too easy I can kill hordes of them and they deal no damage to me, please DE bring something harder to the table."
They proceed to do just that and what do I see?
"Oh S#&$ DE I cant just stand still anymore and spam abilities, I have to actually interact and fight against the enemies and avoid incoming damage that comes my way please fix this."

Its dumb, As Ive said I agree the damage hot-fix was good and they could maybe tune it a bit more, But again if these lasers have no intrinsic risk to them then there is literally no point for them to exist at all. And even now, The things you can do to counter them is absolutely laughable.

Even without 2000+ hours under your belt.

Edited by darklord122
  • Like 5