Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You won't like this, I want thrown secondaries to be semi-auto.

With maybe a few exceptions, there are a few that overwhelming throw speed is what they are about (like hikou), but the new throwing sidearm, despair, pox, just slow rate of fire weapons in general, i feel like they should be converted over to semi auto, mostly so they can benefit from the new mod that restricts fire rate but grants punch through while giving you more damage than hornet strike. 

I would argue that pretty much all of these thrown weapons need punch through, but this most recent one, given how it works, is especially the case.. Sure I can probably find a riven with punch through but seriously, 15 mod capacity for punch through is ridiculous given you are already sacrificing damage just to maybe strike another enemy if you line things up right.

And if you still want them to be full auto well there is a mode for that but these weapons kinda need this new mod but can't use it because they default as auto.

• Like 1

They need to just give up on Semi and Burst taps. It's flawed mechanically due to a internal CD.

There are weapons you can't actually get their potential fire rate manually.

That or DE can collab with mouse manufacturers to give us a discount when the game burns them out.
I don't use my good mouse in ARPGs for a reason. Sadly Warframe justifies the extra key binds.

Or just have the mods turn the weapon into a semi-auto fire type. The mods are already massively niche and wouldn't even be that much more applicable without the restriction.

Honestly I don't even know why DE made the mods in the first place.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Black_Cat_Jinx said:

I would argue that pretty much all of these thrown weapons need punch through

I mean, you could've made a topic about making that a general addition to that weapon type then.

Which is not to say I really agree with you, first of all I don't get the benefit of having PT on Pox / other AoE ones,
and personally I'd rather them get some kind of single-target-related buff (again, for the non-AoE ones), like maybe ...
some kind of stealth multiplier, and each hit slightly prolonging the duration before enemies count as alerted,
and / or there could be a rising damage multiplier for each hit in quick succession, dunno, something like that.

We have AoE Thrown weapons to deal with multiple enemies at once.
(Which is not to say that some of those shouldn't maybe get a buff or two also, heh.)

21 hours ago, Black_Cat_Jinx said:

this most recent one, given how it works, is especially the case.. Sure I can probably find a riven with punch through but seriously, 15 mod capacity for punch through is ridiculous

You mean the weapon that has an innate 1.4 meters of Punch Through?

20 hours ago, Xzorn said:

FWIW, you can now make weapons become Auto via an Accessibility option.

12 hours ago, trst said:

Or just have the mods turn the weapon into a semi-auto fire type.

Wouldn't mind that, though who knows what parts of the spaghetti code that might tangle up :D

(Case in point, using the Auto option I mentioned earlier currently creates various bugs lol.)

12 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You can use both, they arent mutually exclusive.

Nobody claimed that they were.

That's not what this topic is about.

Edited by NinjaZeku

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:
23 hours ago, Xzorn said:

FWIW, you can now make weapons become Auto via an Accessibility option.

This doesn't eliminate the semi-auto RoF cap.  Which is actually reflected in the Arsenal now, thankfully!   But I've verified with a stopwatch by timing how long it takes to expend an Akbolto Prime magazine.  Virtually no difference between 9.5 RoF with Anemic Agility and that plus sufficient RoF to more than half the expenditure time if it was actually uncapped.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

This doesn't eliminate the semi-auto RoF cap.  Which is actually reflected in the Arsenal now, thankfully!   But I've verified with a stopwatch by timing how long it takes to expend an Akbolto Prime magazine.  Virtually no difference between 9.5 RoF with Anemic Agility and that plus sufficient RoF to more than half the expenditure time if it was actually uncapped.

Sounds like some sketchy re-design to keep the flaw but prevent macro use.

I was referencing "Increasing the Fire Rate of a burst fire weapon will decrease the time necessary between trigger pulls as well as the interval between shots within a given pull." Which also existed for Semi-Auto at the time. Max RoF could not be achieved on old  Simulor without a macro. Neither could Vasto, Stradevar / Tiberon Prime Semi or pretty much anything with a base 3.0+ RoF that you put +90% RoF on.

There used to be a formula for trigger delay somewhere. Hah, yea. Just checked. It was done because of macro users.