The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretend Forma in Simulacrum

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about this for a while. Why is there no way of adding fake forma to your gear in the simulacrum? 

I feel like this would be a crazy good feature because it would let you move around and add polarities and see if a weapon is worth the forma in the first place. 

Not sure if there's a reason as to why this isn't a thing? 

Posting this on here to see if anyone has any thoughts on this or if this is a stupid idea lmao. Only thing I can see this getting complicated with is tenet and kuva weapons as they have a different level cap - but even then if the level doesn't change and you could just apply fake polarities onto it; it would save a lot of time imo.

Let me know what you guys think

(Edit: would be cool to have this available for catalysts and reactors too)

Edited by ninja2169
  • Like 1

All weapons and warframes should have all slot with universal polarities in Simulacrum - but I think the problem is that it currently shares your "real life" loadouts so it would need to be modified to be completely independent

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

All weapons and warframes should have all slot with universal polarities in Simulacrum - but I think the problem is that it currently shares your "real life" loadouts so it would need to be modified to be completely independent

thats also a really good idea, forgot universal slots exist. An option to toggle between them would be nice too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

I think Duviri uses copies of your gear. So that can be used.

If this isn't already actually a thing that you've overlooked, I have to wonder if it used to be a thing.  The Nightwave task of "Forma an item outside the simulacrum" used to not have that second qualifier.  Why?  Did you used to be able to apply temporary forma to items in the simulacrum?  If you could, are you not able now?  If you couldn't, why the stipulation?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

If this isn't already actually a thing that you've overlooked, I have to wonder if it used to be a thing.  The Nightwave task of "Forma an item outside the simulacrum" used to not have that second qualifier.  Why?  Did you used to be able to apply temporary forma to items in the simulacrum?  If you could, are you not able now?  If you couldn't, why the stipulation?

because forma applied in the simulacrum didn't consume it, it was temporary. so ppl exploited that to complete the challenge without "really" forma-ing anything

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

The reason that qualifier was put there was because you can consume Forma in the Simulacrum, but the Simulacrum would not count the Nightwave Task as completed, so it's just to prevent people from wasting Forma.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

I have said this so many times in the past. Just set the mod capacity to 300 or something super high. All Forma does it half the cost of mods. If the mod capacity is infinite we wouldn't  even need Forma at all.

• Like 1

they should give you "loaner" equipment in simulacrum that you can do "whatever" with for free that vanishes once you exit, guns too, even ones you do not own so you can try them out

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

they should give you "loaner" equipment in simulacrum that you can do "whatever" with for free that vanishes once you exit, guns too, even ones you do not own so you can try them out

DE created Circuit for that reason. A place to get random weapons to try out in actual combat with rewards. 

circuit just gives you basic builds DE threw together, those guns only work in that mode because of bonkers RNG decrees, its not really an accurate demo of how a weapon/warframe will perform in the main game imo

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

circuit just gives you basic builds DE threw together, those guns only work in that mode because of bonkers RNG decrees, its not really an accurate demo of how a weapon/warframe will perform in the main game imo

The gear is there to test out in the Circuit. What's different is player's can't change mods for specific playstyles.