The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade is Thematically complete and lore accurate in-game.

I don't think I can express enough how much I like this about a Warframe.

to be a good Warframe but to also be a lore accurate one in gameplay.

Jade represents the "Biblically accurate angel" theme...and she nails it in gameplay.
she Heals, resurrects, blesses allies and deal divine justice to enemies.
and that divine justice just happens to be the Jade light, a piece of lore in the Warframe universe.

and to top it all off, she can actually fly...like, you know, angels.
So while the obvious sometimes makes it difficult to play her, in my opinion Jade's accuracy is on point.

and we don't see that in most Warframes right? like if you think about it, Gauss can outrun his own Acceltra rockets, but we can never do that in game with any possible or functional means.
or the fact that Lavos can transmute matter but doesn't actually change anything other than ammo.

and I understand that from a gameplay standpoint, it's hard to animate and execute most of the feats Warframe (and/or their themes they're based off) of in game without breaking something, but that's the beauty about Jade...her abilities, and angels' abilities are so easily executable, and I really like it!

• Like 4

"She's built like an Angel but handles like an Apache Attack Helicopter."

oar2.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEYCJUDENAFSFqQAgHyq4q

Jokes aside, I love everything about Jade too. She's a very fun frame with a very very fun kit.

I'm still just messing with her Glory to see what kind of wackiness she can get away with

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

Meanwhile at DE: 

"Lol let's make her pregnant because that one devstream meme was funny last year"

I will admit that I was inactive from Warframe the past year, but what was that meme? A VOD with a timestamp would be appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaiga said:

Meanwhile at DE: 

"Lol let's make her pregnant because that one devstream meme was funny last year"

Apparently she was in production way before that (makes sense. Quests take a while to make), and Rebecca freaked out because she thought Steve was about to spoil the quest.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Meanwhile at DE: 

Nolthing like pew pew pewing with Space Baby Jeebus while Mom flies around the map :P

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

Jade represents the "Biblically accurate angel" theme..

Hate to be that guy but I feel obligated to point out at that angels in the Bible do not resurrect people, nor is there a recorded instance of them directly healing anyone, and it would probably be a stretch to say they ever blessed anyone either (Gabriel telling Mary and Daniel that they were in God's favor is about as close as you get), and most angels aren't even described as having wings (this seems to be reserved for cherubim) and if they do they don't truly fly in any kind of traditional sense (in Ezekiel's vision they used their wings to cover themselves, only in Revelation is an angel described as 'flying'), and the entire 'Biblically accurate angel' thing that has gone around is actually not that accurate either, at least the ones I've seen, which frustrates me but w/e, we live in age of memes not knowledge.

But I get what you're saying in a general sense. She's a pretty well conceived and executed warframe and her abilities feel good to use.

• Like 6

Well no, not quite, biologically speaking angels can only travel in four cardinal directions, and at certain angles and when they move, they don't turn, but move in the direction their face is directed at. Ezekiel 10:11. Jade on the other hand, is much more mobile, and can move in multiple directions without having to face them, she can also pivot. Jade is a cheap imitation knock off, the closest actual lore accurate version we have is Grendel in Meatball form. 

(This is not a serious post, its purposefully inaccurate on certain ideas. Well above I mean, below is serous). 

(As to be more serious, I generally agree and like Jade and think her overall design and angel aspects are neat). 

2 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Hate to be that guy but I feel obligated to point out at that angels in the Bible do not resurrect people, nor is there a recorded instance of them directly healing anyone, and it would probably be a stretch to say they ever blessed anyone either (Gabriel telling Mary and Daniel that they were in God's favor is about as close as you get), and most angels aren't even described as having wings (this seems to be reserved for cherubim) and if they do they don't truly fly in any kind of traditional sense (in Ezekiel's vision they used their wings to cover themselves, only in Revelation is an angel described as 'flying'), and the entire 'Biblically accurate angel' thing that has gone around is actually not that accurate either, at least the ones I've seen, which frustrates me but w/e, we live in age of memes not knowledge.

But I get what you're saying in a general sense. She's a pretty well conceived and executed warframe and her abilities feel good to use.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I think "biblically accurate" is not the term to be used.

"As perPopular belief" would be a more suitable term I think.

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Well no, not quite, biologically speaking angels can only travel in four cardinal directions, and at certain angles and when they move, they don't turn, but move in the direction their face is directed at. Ezekiel 10:11. Jade on the other hand, is much more mobile, and can move in multiple directions without having to face them, she can also pivot. Jade is a cheap imitation knock off, the closest actual lore accurate version we have is Grendel in Meatball form. 

(This is not a serious post, its purposefully inaccurate on certain ideas. Well above I mean, below is serous). 

(As to be more serious, I generally agree and like Jade and think her overall design and angel aspects are neat). 

Yeah, I haven't gotten to that part yet to be honest, since I'm a fairly new Christian.
but I wasn't really referring to angels in the bible, I meant the basic famous trope that the world imagines it to be.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Yeah, I haven't gotten to that part yet to be honest, since I'm a fairly new Christian.
but I wasn't really referring to angels in the bible, I meant the basic famous trope that the world imagines it to be.

Its okay my post was mostly light humour, because a lot of artistic depictions and popular ideas of Angels can be different from various Religious source materials, and even my own explanation was inaccurate too (but I won't go into too much of the meta humour). 

Your post is fine, we can pick up the intent and context, and I like Jades design too. 

Eh.... I prefer playing other frames.
What I did however like was her introduction quest "Jade shadows":
Most quests that introduce new Warframes are boring (to me, that is!... Okay "chains of Harrow" was nice too.) - this short bit of lore was a wild ride and I loved it.

She reminds me of something that could end up in a Spawn comic. Or an ancient godess of life and death, that both has the means to bless, heal and resurrect, but is also able to burn everything to pave the way for something new.

• Like 2

On 2024-07-06 at 12:22 PM, Prof-Dante said:

On 2024-07-06 at 2:43 AM, Prof-Dante said:

Jade represents the "Biblically accurate angel" theme

Being a christian isn't a pre requisite to read the Bible ,

And i understand what you mean , i just have a habit of trying to correct things to be as accurate as possible.

On 2024-07-06 at 1:13 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

I think "biblically accurate" is not the term to be used.

"As perPopular belief" would be a more suitable term I think.

Arent human-looking angels also biblicaly accurate? Isnt it just that: the higher their ranking, the more eldricth they look?

10 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Arent human-looking angels also biblicaly accurate? Isnt it just that: the higher their ranking, the more eldricth they look?

I wasnt speaking of appearances alone. The description given by OP is roughly what most people think are angels.

Their mannerisms and purpose are also rather specific depending on the type in question.

On the appearance front Jade seems to have more in common with seraphs (though not exactly) than lower angels but gameplay wise it is more along the lines of popular belief.