The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon 2024 Overview

Welcome to 2024's tennocon Overview for those who missed it !

HOKUPROPS 

Spoiler

From the Art Panel & Tennolive 

Rhino Heirloom 

Spoiler

Lotus Eaters (update in august) 

Spoiler

Sevagoth Prime Access (August) 

Unannounced Update (tokyo game show) 

Spoiler

ImageImageImage

Caliban Deluxe + rework (Tokyo Game Show)

ART Panel

MITW tilesets

Spoiler

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Entrati Labs

1999 Concept art

New Warframe : CYTE-09

TENNOLIVE 1999 + anime trailer 

Spoiler

ImageImage

Make a Wish , granting James (new VA) the voice of Olly  ingame ^ (arcade machine?) 

LIVE DEMO

ImageImageImageImageImageImage(virus triggered creates infested liches -see later) 

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageframe <swap skin> proto frame with VA [gemeni system] 

ImageImage[Infested liches caused by 1999 virus]

ImageImageImage

MISC + Notes

Spoiler

Certainly was a loaded tennocon , hope everyone is doing well and hope this overview helps

(for those wondering im still recovering well)  

Best Regards -as always 

~Mako

Notes

TGS=tokyo game show

rhino heirloom looks  great 

there are scheduled 3 updates this year 

• lotus eaters : august
  • unannounced (TGS) 
  • 1999:  winter 

we get sevagoth prime (some asked for tempastari prime , we will see) 

deluxe skins TGS

1. (caliban + rework )
  2. unannounced 

Gemeni system : switch normal frames with the shown protoframes (customizable) ingame 

(Excalibur, Nyx, Mag, Trinity, Volt, CYTE ) 

Nyx and trinity will get a Light rework pablo said 

Infested Liches will be coming to origin system , seemingly triggered by the machine virus in 1999 (so probably dependent on protoframe used at time?) 

• Like 8

Thanks for the Overview/Recap as always! (and hope your health is holding up as well as can be!). 

Three updates before the end of the year is nice! Plus Gamescon and Tokyo Game Show? I get the sense that DE is getting pretty serious with showing off and pushing 1999 in a big way, to new potential fans, and based off what i have seen of 1999, I hope they succeed. Update is looking really good. 

• Like 2

Infested Liches being a goddamn boy band is why I always come back to Warframe. I am here for Reb Era Warframe and I don't wanna go back.

Also I'm glad we'll get to use the 1999 characters in the rest of the game.

Great Tennocon, sounds like we'll essentially get Part 2 at the Tokyo Show.

• Like 3

thanks Mako, hope you're holding up alright!

- not that keen on Rhino's Heirloom tbh, but it may be one of those skins that looks better in game than in concept.

- Lotus Eaters should be pretty good, we all know Wally was not happy about us "going back on the deal", now he has a chance to show us just how evil he really is..

- Sevagoth Prime looks pretty great, though I am surprised it was him getting picked before Xaku.. I'm personally thinking that maybe DE haven't figured out what to do with Xaku's design yet, whereas it was a pretty clear shot that Sevagoth was gonna have an Admiral/Naval theme. looks like no Prime railjack skin though.. :sadcry:

- CALIBAN IS GETTING A REWORK! OMFG IT'S ONLY BEEN YEARS! and his skin looks amazing as well, like a necromancer meets Spanish Conquistador.. bro has gotten a SERIOUS glow up, don't worry Caliban mains, all five of you are SO BACK!!! 😍

- concept arts look pretty cool, gotta say, the tileset team and the audio team never stop cooking and just seem to get better and better every damn time!.

- Cyte-09 is apparently a marksman-themed frame? I've always wanted a sniper frame, lord I hope his kit's gonna be good..

- other stuff like Infested Liches and Gemini Skins are VERY interesting too, 1999 looks to be a banger of an update.

overall, pretty damn happy with this tennocon! 

• Like 2

Thanks for the overview. I'm really not a fan of the lighting. Reminds me of Deimos lighting, which I also don't like. It's too dim, the colors are washed out, and too foggy. It's dull. I wish they drew some inspiration from Cyberpunk 2077 and how vivid that game is.

Also wish we could get out own Drifters in the protoframes for the Gemini skins.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 1

Good presentations this year. Looking forward to Lotus Eaters. Not sure where I stand with 1999 content. I'll wait and see. The tank-boss in the demo, along with the boss on Effervo indicates to me that DE might be starting to take boss fights seriously, which is a good thing. Congratulations on Tenno Con '24!

Edited by PrideB4TheFall

The atmosphere and world of 1999 look amazing, reminds me a lot of The Secret World MMO.

Infested liches boyband in railjack made me raise an eyebrow, but I'm all for wacky stuff, so I'm willing to wait and see.

I just hope DE didn't spoil too much of the quest in the presentation like they did last time with Whispers in the Wall, it'd be a huge disappointment if what they showed was 70% of the quest or something.