Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can I level up red veil

trooper63

Question

16 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, trooper63 said:

I am locked at -2 rank at red veil and can't level up

I haven't used my daily cap on another else and I have all the required items but still locked to rank up

First you have to set your "Pledge" to Red Veil

Then you need to get enough standing to move the needle from -44,000 to 0

Then you need to sacrifice an Orokin Catalyst to rank them up from "-2, Corrupt" to "-1, Suspect"

• Like 2

The main question should be: Why do you want to rank up Red veil? If you have it on -2, it means you must have already built some rep with their sworn enemies: Arbiters of Hexis (and also as a Proxy with their allies Cephalon Suda). Red Veil doesnt really go well with those.

In general you pick either: Red veil/New Lokka/Perrin Sequence or Arbiters of Hexis/Cephalon Suda/Steel Meridian. This is the easiest to maintain combo. 

There is a very hard combo of having 4 allies and 2 enemies, but you cannot have all allies.

There is also a noobtrap Red Veil/Steel Meridian, which results in 2 allies & 4 enemies.

If you already repped with Hexis and Suda, you should pick Steel Meridian as your 3rd.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

The main question should be: Why do you want to rank up Red veil?

If you want everything you have to level up all syndicates at some point. Ive done this myself, though im now sticking with Steel Meridian to maintain positive Ballance on 4 syndicates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

If you want everything you have to level up all syndicates at some point.

Wrong.

Pretty much everything beside Pizzas and a bit of cosmetics is tradable. And Pizzas in every flavour are available in Dojo in Bulk for Railjack materials.

Sure you can attempt to do that if you do not value your time completely.

7 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Pretty much everything beside Pizzas and a bit of cosmetics is tradable. And Pizzas in every flavour are available in Dojo in Bulk for Railjack materials.

Everything includes "a bit of cosmetics" (and dismissing fashion frame is an odd flex).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Wrong.

Sure you can attempt to do that if you do not value your time completely.

Yes, i believe I said if you want EVERYTHING. Personally im a collector. I levelled up all the factions in the early days do get all the decorations and sigils, and then did it again later to get the room stencils.

Also, you forget that this isnt true for augments. Even with 4 syndicates max ranked, there are some augment mods Ive not been able to get through standing trades, as they only appear in the two I dont have. I've had to trade for them in the past.

So there are plenty of reasons to do so, if you want to.

But when someone asks how to do something, telling them not to do it isnt helpfull. Especially if you're not telling them the information they want aswell.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Also, you forget that this isnt true for augments. Even with 4 syndicates max ranked, there are some augment mods Ive not been able to get through standing trades, as they only appear in the two I dont have. I've had to trade for them in the past.

Maybe you are doing it wrong. All mods are tradable.

But when someone asks how to do something, telling them not to do it isnt helpfull.

So, when someone attempts to put a fork into an electric socket, I should not tell them not to do it? 

In my opinion it is exactly what a repsonsible person should do, tell them to not do it and explain exactly why. Should they happen to be electrocution masochist, they can decide for themselves with the information given.

Especially if you're not telling them the information they want aswell.

Unless they tell me directly that they want to get electrocuted and why, I am not gonna provide any instructions.

This is a person with 1 post, I can assume it is more likely it is a child who doesnt know better than an electrocution masochist. They are probably not aware that by ranking up Red Veil they will destroy their rep with other two Syndicates mentioned.

Edited by Zakkhar

20 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Maybe you are doing it wrong. All mods are tradable.

You're miss-reading. I said i had to trade for them. The point is that not all are purchasable without swapping through all syndicates, and some people dont like trading.

So, when someone attempts to put a fork into an electric socket, I should not tell them not to do it?

Not really a similar situation. In this case its more like someone asking how to rent a library book, and you're telling them then can buy it instead.

In my opinion it is exactly what a repsonsible person should do, tell them to not do it and explain exactly why.

And that's fine, but that you did want telling them not to stick a fork in a socket, you told them to use a knife instead. You didnt solve the issue for them, you just told them they were wrong, and then suggested an alternative method without checking why they wanted to do it. In your analogy, you didnt check if they had already turned of the electricity, you just assumed they were a moron.

Unless they tell me directly that they want to get electrocuted and why, I am not gonna provide any instructions.

Except you did, just not for the thing they wanted. You provided alot of information about something elese however. Also, you could ask.

This is a person with 1 post, I can assume it is more likely it is a child who doesnt know better than an electrocution masochist. They are probably not aware that by ranking up Red Veil they will destroy their rep with other two Syndicates mentioned.

Thats a bad assumption. I was around MR9  before i even used the forums. Some people lurk, but dont post. Also, drop the analogy, its not helping you get your point across at this point.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chaotea said:

You're miss-reading. I said i had to trade for them. The point is that not all are purchasable without swapping through all syndicates, and some people dont like trading.

I do not miss read. You have been miswriting.

And constantly derailing the thread, making everything about yourself. I see how it is.  Have a nice day.

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

And constantly derailing the thread, making everything about yourself. I see how it is.  Have a nice day.

You fail to answer the TC's question.

You keep insulting them, comparing them to an idiot child.

You accuse others over your own mistakes.

And then you have the audacity to talk about derailing.

Wow.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You dont have to be an ass about it, and i wasnt the one who started talking about sticking forks in plugs, or swapped from telling the OP what the wanted to know, to what you thought they should be doing instead.

I dont mind if you want to back out of the conversation, but at least have the guts not to try to blame it all on me like your some sort of hero instead of the troll you act like.

• Like 2

On 2024-08-01 at 3:32 AM, Zakkhar said:

The main question should be: Why do you want to rank up Red veil? If you have it on -2, it means you must have already built some rep with their sworn enemies: Arbiters of Hexis (and also as a Proxy with their allies Cephalon Suda). Red Veil doesnt really go well with those.

In general you pick either: Red veil/New Lokka/Perrin Sequence or Arbiters of Hexis/Cephalon Suda/Steel Meridian. This is the easiest to maintain combo. 

There is a very hard combo of having 4 allies and 2 enemies, but you cannot have all allies.

There is also a noobtrap Red Veil/Steel Meridian, which results in 2 allies & 4 enemies.

If you already repped with Hexis and Suda, you should pick Steel Meridian as your 3rd.

You can easily have all allies, if you're satisfied with 1 rank 5, 2 rank 2, and the rest rank 4. Is it worth doing? No, it's a headache. you break the balance as soon as you need to get syndicate anything again(like new augments) but a player allied with hexis would have plenty of reason to target Veil as an ally since you can have both at rank 5 by alternating suda/steel meridian. That just leaves perrin and loka to clean up later if you REEEAALLY *MUST* bring balance to the system. 

Anyway tye answer before zakkhars first post was probably the right one. Even with negative standing, you gotta set the pledge to work your way up. Maybe op forgot to do that

Edited by Dax-Kriegor

1 hour ago, Dax-Kriegor said:

You can easily have all allies, if you're satisfied with 1 rank 5, 2 rank 2, and the rest rank 4. Is it worth doing? No, it's a headache. you break the balance as soon as you need to get syndicate anything again(like new augments)

Confusing. 

Edited by Zakkhar

Confusing. 

Ah, sorry. The easy part is getting everyone to be your friend(suda/meridian for the first 4, then loka and perrin) then you rescind your pledge and the system remains in balance. Until DE releases new syndicate goodies and you have to make someone hate you again. It's just not really worth going back and making everyone play nice every time you're finished farming, especially as it takes at least a week to do, and you gain nothing except the ability to say "I restored order to the origin system"