Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is mesa prime still weaker than normal mesa?

Xovon

I just recently got mesa prime, used up my last remaining nightwave creds to install a potato, and was excitedly looking up builds when I got utterly stonewalled by the ridiculous fact that apparently mesa prime's 4th ability peacemaker does less dps than normal mesa.

3 sources:

https://new.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/jnjr42/regular_mesa_objectively_deals_more_damage_with/

https://new.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1ceprru/mesa_stronger_still_than_mesa_prime_2024/ (This one confirms it from just 5 months ago)

Apparently mesa prime has longer animations, so the attack speed increase you get during mesa 4 is worse on mesa prime. Or something else, either way it reportedly results in a noticeable dps difference.

I demand a refund for my potato.

Edited by Xovon
  • Like 1

This is a reddit post from over 4 years ago, which I am not gonna read but it may be unwarranted as well.

Would you rather believe that or current wiki or/and your in game arsenal data?

Here is the comparison of all exalted weapons and you can compare both Regulators and regulators prime in same chart:

Weapon Comparison | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

They got the same stats (and it shouldnt be any other way because Prime Warframes are not more powerful than normal ones).

8 minutes ago, Xovon said:

Confirms what? It has no body and it is deleted. 

Only thing it confirms is that the people who do this have no idea what ceteris paribus means.

• Like 1

You cannot demand a refund for a potato you willingly used on a Prime Warframe over a potential bug that was noticed by 1 person years ago but that we never heard about anywhere.

If bug there is - should be easy for you to test out, document and report on the Bugs Report forums -, the bug shall be fixed and the refund will no longer be needed.

Furthermore, Mesa's DPS is so absurd I'm not sure a 0.1% DPS difference would have any impact on your regular gameplay

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

This is a reddit post from over 4 years ago, which I am not gonna read but it may be unwarranted as well.

Would you rather believe that or current wiki or/and your in game arsenal data?

Here is the comparison of all exalted weapons and you can compare both Regulators and regulators prime in same chart:

Weapon Comparison | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

They got the same stats (and it shouldnt be any other way because Prime Warframes are not more powerful than normal ones).

Confirms what? It has no body and it is deleted. 

Only thing it confirms is that the people who do this have no idea what ceteris paribus means.

It is not about the stats. I fully believe that the prime regulators and normal regulators are the same. They are identical.

Sorry, I should have been more accurate in my wording when I said the regulators did less dps, I meant to say mesa prime's peacemaker (4th ability) does less dps.

If you look in the comments of the deleted post, a commenter confirms that this bug still exists.

Edited by Xovon

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

You cannot demand a refund for a potato you willingly used on a Prime Warframe over a potential bug that was noticed by 1 person years ago but that we never heard about anywhere.

If bug there is - should be easy for you to test out, document and report on the Bugs Report forums -, the bug shall be fixed and the refund will no longer be needed.

Furthermore, Mesa's DPS is so absurd I'm not sure a 0.1% DPS difference would have any impact on your regular gameplay

You are massively minimizing this.

It was noticed by a lot more than 1 person.

I don't own normal mesa myself, so I cannot test it. That is why this post was titled with a question.

It reportedly causes a lot more of a difference than 0.1% dps.

36 minutes ago, Xovon said:

You are massively minimizing this.

It was noticed by a lot more than 1 person.

I don't own normal mesa myself, so I cannot test it. That is why this post was titled with a question.

It reportedly causes a lot more of a difference than 0.1% dps.

I've looked all the "sources", and most are old or nonexistent anymore, versus 0 mention in the Bug Report forum.

People out there really reporting bugs everywhere but on the official website ? Weird flex but OK. Feel free to document & post it in the Bugs section for it to be fixed, so that you can make proper use of your potato.

Edit: No mention on Wiki either

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

People out there really reporting bugs everywhere but on the official website ? Weird flex but OK. Feel free to document & post it in the Bugs section for it to be fixed, so that you can make proper use of your potato.

Edit: No mention on Wiki either

There's a note on the wiki about Arcane Velocity applying twice to base regulators, which seems to be the actual issue looking at the linked sources.

I also can't find this reported in the Bugs section, though, so it seems to be one of those things that's somewhat known, but never actually been properly reported.

59 minutes ago, Xovon said:

I just recently got mesa prime, used up my last remaining nightwave creds to install a potato, and was excitedly looking up builds when I got utterly stonewalled by the ridiculous fact that apparently mesa prime's 4th ability peacemaker does less dps than normal mesa.

3 sources:

https://new.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/jnjr42/regular_mesa_objectively_deals_more_damage_with/

https://new.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1ceprru/mesa_stronger_still_than_mesa_prime_2024/ (This one confirms it from just 5 months ago)

Apparently mesa prime has longer animations, so the attack speed increase you get during mesa 4 is worse on mesa prime. Or something else, either way it reportedly results in a noticeable dps difference.

I demand a refund for my potato.

Lets start with proving whether or not this is a thing that exists in the current build. I'll test myself tomorrow. But I'm highly skeptical just because I feel like people would have noticed by now on a larger scale. 

If you can provide video proof, in the current build or close to it, I'd like to see it.

Not "some guy on a forum says" or somebody in the comments somwhere.

14 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I've looked all the "sources", and most are old or nonexistent anymore, versus 0 mention in the Bug Report forum.

I'm calling X to doubt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'm highly skeptical just because I feel like people would have noticed by now on a larger scale.

Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds don't work on glaives at all, and I just watched a youtuber making a Pathocyst build with both mods and not noticing that they don't do anything. In his video you can even see both buffs at 1x when he has 12x combo.

You'd think people would notice missing 400% crit and status, but apparently not!

31 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds don't work on glaives at all, and I just watched a youtuber making a Pathocyst build with both mods and not noticing that they don't do anything. In his video you can even see both buffs at 1x when he has 12x combo.

You'd think people would notice missing 400% crit and status, but apparently not!

Source on this?

Because I just tested this, both in simulacrum and in mission and it worked fine.

The stacks counted up and my crit and status chance went up.

I tested this both in a build as well as just the two mods and nothing else and it worked just as expected.

So unless you can recreate this in any way......

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Here's the video I mentioned:

And while that run shows some run, its hardly definitive.

Further it shows weeping wounds working....at 2:21 he has a 3x combo and weeping wounds is x2, and then at 2:31 when his combo hits 4x weeping wounds hits x3.
So weeping wounds is working as expected in that video as well, its multiplier trailing behind the combo multiplier by 1.

I don't see any examples of him actually using blood rush outside of one build he shows the mods for but doesn't necessarily use, and this would need be cleared up.

46 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Here's a run I used for a bug report some years ago:

You might want to retest it, as again I had no problems what-so-ever with blood rush or weeping wounds on a glaive, they behaved the exact same way that they do on other melee weapons.

23 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Further it shows weeping wounds working....at 2:21 he has a 3x combo and weeping wounds is x2, and then at 2:31 when his combo hits 4x weeping wounds hits x3.
So weeping wounds is working as expected in that video as well, its multiplier trailing behind the combo multiplier by 1.

I don't see any examples of him actually using blood rush outside of one build he shows the mods for but doesn't necessarily use, and this would need be cleared up.

Why did you bother replying when you disregard 95% of the video where WW is bugged? And the part where he uses Blood Rush and it's bugged too? Seems extremely disingenuous.

I think it's literally bugged 100% of the time outside of the simularcum, and also 100% of the time when he is at 12x combo.

HHdg708.png

xzb1Bp4.pngk4oMF0o.png

Noticeable during testing? Yes. Impactful during gameplay? Doubtful. This bug is powered by the animation speed so it more along the lines of imperceptibility, it isn't like a multiplicative vs additive bug issue where it is clear there is a problem.

I'm not denying there is a chance the issue is still in the game but it isn't something to fret over.

If you are that determined you can trying putting in a support ticket, for the installment of the reactor on you Warframe to be more precise.

There might still be reasons to use a normal frame though:

Mesa, regulators look. Can't be adjusted. A heavily requested feature though.

Excalibur, Umbra polarity-less builds.

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Why did you bother replying when you disregard 95% of the video where WW is bugged? And the part where he uses Blood Rush and it's bugged too? Seems extremely disingenuous.

I think it's literally bugged 100% of the time outside of the simularcum, and also 100% of the time when he is at 12x combo.

HHdg708.png

xzb1Bp4.pngk4oMF0o.png

I just tested this with Orvius onj excavation mission and it works perfectly fine, all of the bonuses : blood rash, weeping wounds and gladiator set bonus

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, kuciol said:

I just tested this with Orvius onj excavation mission and it works perfectly fine, all of the bonuses : blood rash, weeping wounds and gladiator set bonus

Well we have two videos, one from a source who didn't ever even notice the bug, and both show that the bug is very common. On the other hand we have your statement of a single try allegedly not getting the bug (or maybe just not noticing).

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Well we have two videos, one from a source who didn't ever even notice the bug, and both show that the bug is very common. On the other hand we have your statement of a single try allegedly not getting the bug (or maybe just not noticing).

Dude just go and try yourself instead of spitting nonsense. I dont care about videos, there are plenty of visual bugs.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 1

Do what I did back in the day when I wanted an answer. I tested it myself.

Most of the knowledgeable Warframe players aren't here anymore so take an un-modded Peacemaker of both versions, record it at least 4 times with each version. Throw it in a video editor and get the average kill times. I did this long ago with the whole Anemic Agility Vs Hornet Strike modding.

Edited by Xzorn

3 hours ago, kuciol said:

Dude just go and try yourself instead of spitting nonsense. I dont care about videos, there are plenty of visual bugs.

Well if you don't care about proof you cannot be helped. Those bugs are not visual, as you would clearly be able to understand if you had watched the videos - once the bug hits you lose the entire current effect of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

Edited by Traumtulpe

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

Well if you don't care about proof you cannot be helped. Those bugs are not visual, as you would clearly be able to understand if you had watched the videos - once the bug hits you lose the entire current effect of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

It is about Mesa vs. Mesa Prime, what have it to do with the Glaive?

7 minutes ago, LuckyNecro said:

It is about Mesa vs. Mesa Prime, what have it to do with the Glaive?

Someone said "I'm highly skeptical just because I feel like people would have noticed by now on a larger scale." - to which I replied with, roughly, "that's clearly not the case, as people don't even notice when they are missing 400% critical chance *and* 400% status chance as with this bug for example".

And well, I have clearly been proven right. People still doubt, even in this very thread and with video evidence, that the bug exists.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

Someone said "I'm highly skeptical just because I feel like people would have noticed by now on a larger scale." - to which I replied with, roughly, "that's clearly not the case, as people don't even notice when they are missing 400% critical chance *and* 400% status chance as with this bug for example".

And well, I have clearly been proven right. People still doubt, even in this very thread and with video evidence, that the bug exists.

You have taken it out of context only to start a completely different discussion, make a own discussion for it when it is so iportant for you to talk about it. I was interessted what is with mesa and now it is all messed up with some Glaive nonsens thats don't belong here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Dude what proof? It takes 2 minutes to test it out. Your so called proof could be a simple display bug. Throw in blood rush on any glaive > stack up combo and see if you get crits. Its that simple. I dont give a crap about video from god knows when, i can see it in mission myself.

• Like 2