Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr the closest thing we Have to a Gravity Warframe?

Flying See Ya GIF by PlayStation

I am emotionally attached to this game at the moment after finishing it, unfortunately, there isn't any more content to do there anymore, which is why I kind of hate playing solo games.

so I booted Warframe and thought to think of the closest frame to Kat...the Gravity shifter.

What does Kat do? 

1. Shifts gravity > Falling with style > Suspended mid air > Gravity Kick
  2. Stasis field > Pulls nearby items and people > launches items at high speed
  3. Changes Gravity styles > Lighter movement based on the moon > Heavier Movement based on Jupiter
  4. Big Ultimate move> Black holes etc.

What does Zephyr Do?

1. Tail wind > Divebomb > Hover
  2. Airburst 
  3. Turbulence
  4. Tornado 

Zephyr's Tailwind can be considered a way to shift gravity around, since she doesn't really fly in the traditional sense like Titania, Hildryn, Jade.
Her Dive bomb is Kat's Gravity Kick
Her Hover is Kat's Gravity Suspension

Zephyr Has Airburst which can be considered Her stasis field, since it pulls and throws enemies.

Zephyr has Turbulence, which can be considered Kat's Lunar style of Gravity + Plus Stasis field, With Turbulence's augment, Zephyr is Faster and shoots projectiles farther and faster. 

And finally Zephyr's Tornados, can be considered Jupiter style's ultimate move, the black hole...since it pulls in enemies in a larger radius and deals massive damage to them.

I forgot something too, Zephyr's passive makes her lighter and faster while in the air, similar to Lunar style Gravity.

Ok now I need to make the appropriate fashion!

• Like 1

Zephyr is birb an airbender.

I'd say other "flying" Frames like Titania / Hildryn / Jade kinda come closer to "gravity" manipulation, in fact.

But, don't let that stop you from enjoying some cameo / cosplay fun from ... whatever game you were referencing there, heh.

4 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

so I booted Warframe and thought to think of the closest frame to Kat...the Gravity shifter.

Gravity cat is Valk, obvs...

Inject Sentient Wrath on her (or whatever frame) for more gravity shenanigans.

I always appreciate when people find interesting comparisons like these, nice little thread.

I didn't make the connection, myself, but I definitely had the whole 'emotional attachment after finishing' with Gravity Rush. Was fun, and I'm glad you're enjoying things ^^

• Like 2

It really depends on definition. One ability can be X while same ability on other frame can be Y. For example Mag has Pull and Zephyr her vortex. Zephyr works more on controlling air and Mag on magnetism. However both pulls & keep enemies towards some point.

That aside we have something that can count as gravity manipulation:

Frame can fly or hover: Zephyr (reduced gravity), Jade, Titania, Hildryn. Wukong/2

Frames can create gravitional field that slows enemies down (bigger gravity = harder to move): Hildryn while flying, Rhino stomp

Weighting so much so you create "boom": Rhino

Hover enemies: Xaku/3, Hildryn's fly

Creates field that attract something: Xaku/1 - bullet attractor.

Being unable to move: Atlas' passive

Creating wormhole: Nova

Pulling enemies towards point: Mag, Zephyr

If we count Einsteins' gravity theory we could say that Limbo's kit is about manipulating time/space via gravity force.

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:
10 hours ago, Prof-Dante said:

Gravity cat is Valk, obvs...

Inject Sentient Wrath on her (or whatever frame) for more gravity shenanigans.

Those HCG look like some kind of new Murmur enemy.

I remember probably Xaku/3 (beam) that stack enemies on each other. I need to try SW on it.

I'll have to check that game out. 

This is my warframe idea....so your warframe is this giant thing outside of the tile and you're like 1200m tall and 100m wide but you walk super slow around the tile and from above it and across it.  I guess this is more like a boss, and shoot lasers through all the walls infinite punchthru but you can only be on one side and one of your abilities is to switch the 3d plane to the other side of the tile as in the entire map.  If you get outside of sanctum its like a bee hive.

How about this as a super, you pick the tile up right and throw the entire tile so we all go spinning around for a few seconds and everything moves haha  I'm just saying the entire tile is defined, it is not alive, so why can't they put it in rotation for a few seconds?

Edited by Lord_Drod
punctuation