The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Before lotus eaters comes out

I don't think it will be a choice between operator and drifter. I think we will *have* to bring drifter in. The only reason I think that is because of the dating sim. Seeing a kid romance a bunch of grown adults would be... questionable at best.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, xXElite7799Xx said:

I don't think it will be a choice between operator and drifter. I think we will *have* to bring drifter in. The only reason I think that is because of the dating sim. Seeing a kid romance a bunch of grown adults would be... questionable at best.

It's optional, the romance it was confirmed by reb in a interview. I'll see if I can find a link but yeah. 

Found the article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/warframe/1999-romance-system-disgusting

Fair warning the website has a lot of ads

Edited by (NSW)XXxzadrixXX

On 2024-08-18 at 7:51 PM, Momoque2 said:

Maybe she heard him, but like I said she knew who he was when she saw himl on the end of the new war.So maybe the quest will explain how she know what he looks like

I mean, she knows the name "Man in the Wall" from Chains of Harrow, and the being's physical appearance is about as literal an embodiment of that phrase as you can get. It's not exactly a big leap for her to make that connection based on what she knows.

On 2024-08-19 at 3:30 AM, RyllusPurple said:

I don't think lotus will even be in it. she's never appeared in any of the deimos content.

I would be very surprised if she wasn't, given her presence in the update's promo image.

Spoiler

The Lotus Eaters Coming August 21

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (NSW)XXxzadrixXX said:

It's optional, the romance it was confirmed by reb in a interview.

The romance may be optional, but using the Drifter in 1999 might not be, especially with the promos for Lotus Eaters specifically making a point of asking which "you" will be going back (which to me implies that there's a definitive answer).

A shame in my case, since I generally prefer my Operator to my Drifter. Partly because I've had the former longer, partly because the only way I've been able to get my Drifter to look good without changing the face blend (which I'm reluctant to do given that these are supposed to be two versions of the same person and I doubt Duviri has access to plastic surgery) has been to deliberately lean into his aged appearance in order to make a "Sensei" sort of character.

I'd be happy to lose the opportunity to romance the new characters if it means I get to stick with the character I've been using for the overwhelming majority of my playtime (Duviri notwithstanding).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I mean, she knows the name "Man in the Wall" from Chains of Harrow, and the being's physical appearance is about as literal an embodiment of that phrase as you can get. It's not exactly a big leap for her to make that connection based on what she knows.

I would be very surprised if she wasn't, given her presence in the update's promo image.

Hide contents

The Lotus Eaters Coming August 21

Oh no... we don't see her belly... maybe the lotus is like jade lol

50 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The romance may be optional, but using the Drifter in 1999 might not be, especially with the promos for Lotus Eaters specifically making a point of asking which "you" will be going back (which to me implies that there's a definitive answer).

A shame in my case, since I generally prefer my Operator to my Drifter. Partly because I've had the former longer, partly because the only way I've been able to get my Drifter to look good without changing the face blend (which I'm reluctant to do given that these are supposed to be two versions of the same person and I doubt Duviri has access to plastic surgery) has been to deliberately lean into his aged appearance in order to make a "Sensei" sort of character.

I'd be happy to lose the opportunity to romance the new characters if it means I get to stick with the character I've been using for the overwhelming majority of my playtime (Duviri notwithstanding).

Same here. I'm holding out for a possible choice still because of previous quests Witw, AotZ and Nw. I really don't wanna use the drifter if I don't have to.

5 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Remember what Eleanor said, "Triple-faced Goddess", that there is a shadow following her.

Maybe we will meet Wallotus, Wallgulis, and Wallatah.

Walotus number OULL!

• Like 2