Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a veteran's perspective

Raven3r48

Question

So I am 38 hours in and I love the game so far.

I completed entirely Earth, Venus, Mercury, Mars, Phobos, Deimos and Cerres.

I am clearing Jupiter now and I have Europa and first part of Void also unlocked.

I am mastery rank 5, I ranked up twice at syndicate, I joined a clan, completed Dog days, did Void fisures, sold some items on Warframe market and so on.

I hate so much the Voidrig grind and that K drive quest, so I didn't do only these 2 for now. I understand that I need Voidrig for main story line.

My first big problem is that I have 6 other warframes ready to claim at Foundry and I don't have open slot for any of them.

So I need 120 platinum to try them all and I think it is so unfair. I am aware that I have to grind some stuff and to sell it on market, but it will require some time.

Ofcourse I spent platinum in first 5 hours on something stupid. In my slots now are starting warframe and Rhino (which I hate). I see this as a wall which is hard to climb over, so I guess everyone either bought platinum or they just grinded a lot so they could try all obtained warframes?

How to push it through and how much time would I need to earn all that platinum?

My second problem is that I completed 7 planets and unlocked 2 more, but still in Codex I did only 13 missions and have arround 25+ to go.

When do all the good missions come, like Second dream, New War, Duviri etc? On which planets?

• Like 1

17 answers to this question

welcome to the game

plat issue is classic. you can farm relic straight away from Hepit, Void. its a capture mission that guaranteed Lith relic. just farm there and crack open few relics to sell on market, either as is or ducat price. as for time, I reckon 1 hour void farm, would gives you ~40-60 relic, and each relic crack requires 2-5 mins. you're looking at average 4 mins per relic farm and crack for 6-18p. so in an hour or so, you could get 80p minimum if you somehow have trash luck and no one is running vaulted relic in your team.

if you hate these stuff, just dont be a hoarder and sell your rank 30 frame and weapon

Hello @Raven3r48,

Platinium is mostly for slots (warframe, weapons) and cosmetics,

Any warframe sold you get the slot back so it's reusable for another frame,

Platinium can be earn with selling some rare items or with login discount (-20%, -50% or the very rare -75% once or twice per year),

About the missions, you'll get new ones after each big quest or some planets node relay,

Lastly better missions are with conditions (planets or relay nodes, Mastery Rank (MR), prerequises quest)

@Raven3r48 : "Ofcourse I spent platinum in first 5 hours on something stupid."

WELCOME TO WARFRAME !!! we all did it ^^

24 minutes ago, Raven3r48 said:

I hate so much the Voidrig grind and that K drive quest, so I didn't do only these 2 for now. I understand that I need Voidrig for main story line.

I hated the Voidrig grind too, so I finished the quest and just bought it. :)

Remember: WF is a Free to Play game, so several mechanisms are in place to push players into spending money. You can avoid that and never pay a dime... but you will pay with your time (and boredom) instead. Ask yourself if it's worth it.

So I need 120 platinum to try them all and I think it is so unfair.

It's not unfair because you're playing for free. After all, developers have to eat too! :-D

Hence, you either grind or pay some money. Simple. I advise beginners to wait for a 50-75% Plat discount, and get some. 5$ is all I ever spent in WF (I'm a cheapskate, I know). You can spend thousands of hours in WF: 5 or 10$ seem a small price to pay for all that, isn't it?

Later, you'll be able to gain enough plat by trading Prime parts.

Besides, if you hate Rhino you can sell it (for Credits), and you will have a free slot back. In that slot you can try any new frame ONE at a time (and sell it if you dislike it).

Of course I advise against this, because it's good keeping at least one copy of each frame (you might find it useful later on).

Of course I spent platinum in first 5 hours on something stupid.

So the game is not unfair. YOU were impulsive and didn't do your homework. ;-)

Edited by Pulsar63
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Raven3r48 said:

My first big problem is that I have 6 other warframes ready to claim at Foundry and I don't have open slot for any of them.
I need 120 platinum to try them all and I think it is so unfair. I am aware that I have to grind some stuff and to sell it on market, but it will require some time.

What I did for my Alt-Account was do the Necramech Grind quickly so I could also get the Syndicate Standing ready to activate Helminth.
Being able to "recycle" all of those extra spare base Warframes helps a ton with space.

However, you still only got a few slots. There's no other way around it besides Platinum or getting freebies... and the latter is unreliable.
Therefore, https://warframe.market/ is a very common way of going about this. You sign up, set some items you have that you can sell and wait for people to buy 'em!
You said you were already in a Dojo, so trading won't be as much of a hassle.

As for items to look out for? There's plenty to find, even in early game.
Relics have Prime Parts which are always worth something.
Spare Ayatans can be traded for chump-change if you're not hurting for Endo.
Nightmare Missions (especially the early ones) can have mods that sell decently well.

Just to name a few, of course.

28 minutes ago, Raven3r48 said:

How to push it through and how much time would I need to earn all that platinum?

Each Warframe slot is 20 Platinum. That sounds like a lot, but it's actually not too bad to obtain.

For instance, a mod you can look for very early on is "Bite" which is dropped from either Kubrows on Earth or Earth Sabotage Caches. (3rd one only)
In of itself, that mods sells for 65 Platinum! (More if you dare to max it out, but that's not feasible for newer players.)

Otherwise, if you look out carefully? A majority of Prime Parts you'll see from others can sell for anywhere between 1 to 10 Platinum usually.
Occasionally, you can find OTHERS that sell for much more-- but those are usually high in demand or are "vaulted" (currently unobtainable).

33 minutes ago, Raven3r48 said:

My second problem is that I completed 7 planets and unlocked 2 more, but still in Codex I did only 13 missions and have arround 25+ to go.
When do all the good missions come, like Second dream, New War, Duviri etc? On which planets?

By missions, do you mean "Quests"? Most of those usually happen past Uranus.
They've made an effort to push a lot of the earlier quests that would give newer players useful tools all the way to much later.
It's... something that DE (the devs) does, useless stuff that nobody really asked for. You get used to it, they say-- but I'm still not used to it myself, haha!

If you mean generic missions, most of the later planets have generally the same things as the ones you have now.
With a few "unique" ones sprinkled in here and there. I.E. "Index", "Rathuum", etc.

14 minutes ago, Pulsar63 said:

Hence, you either grind or pay some money. Simple. I advise beginners to wait for a 50-75% Plat discount, and get some. 5$ is all I ever spent in WF (I'm a cheapskate, I know). You can spend thousands of hours in WF: 5 or 10$ seem a small price to pay for all that, isn't it?

That... doesn't really help if they're not looking to drop money on a dime.
I always have a hard time justifying buying the Tennogen cosmetics, let alone Platinum.

There's better things to use your money on than Platinum, especially when you can trade for said Platinum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cypherusuh said:

if you hate these stuff, just dont be a hoarder and sell your rank 30 frame and weapon

Weapon sure. But seling a warframe is a waste, even if you have Prime upgrade, considering you can feed it to Helminth later on.

1 hour ago, Raven3r48 said:

sold some items on Warframe market and so on.

What did you do with the plat? All you should invest in, are slots. Eventually you will want to have slots for every frame in game as well as most weapons.

• Like 1

Ofcourse I spent platinum in first 5 hours on something stupid.

Hard lesson, but if you already sold something on the market for play you will recuperate that plat easily.

I am clearing Jupiter now and I have Europa and first part of Void also unlocked.

I am mastery rank 5, I ranked up twice at syndicate, I joined a clan, completed Dog days, did Void fisures, sold some items on Warframe market and so on.

So I need 120 platinum to try them all and I think it is so unfair. I am aware that I have to grind some stuff and to sell it on market, but it will require some time.

Ofcourse I spent platinum in first 5 hours on something stupid. In my slots now are starting warframe and Rhino (which I hate). I see this as a wall which is hard to climb over, so I guess everyone either bought platinum or they just grinded a lot so they could try all obtained warframes?

First thing, the slots:  This is a product.  Everyone screams free game, and it technically is, but this is the reason why many of us will say that it's not.  Because any F2P game, including one with decent monetization like this one, is going to push you toward spending money.  If you are happy with the game and enjoying yourself, there is no reason not to spend money.  Not only are there starter packs that come with stuff along with plat for fairly cheap, even $20 in plat would set you up with tons of slots, if you don't blow it again.  Bottom line, spend money if you like the game.  Plat can absolutely be earned, but it's harder when you're new.  You'd be selling things to other players that you still need.  The more you push to grind out things like primes and good mods, the more you can turn around and sell extra copies of those things.  Grind the plat if you want to stay free, or drop a couple bucks on a starter pack.  I can't see packs I've bought in the past to know what's still there, but you can drop $5 bucks on the starter weapon pack, get a decentish rifle (that comes with a weapon slot) a max Serration mod (free endo is big when you're new.) and 100p.  If you're unhappy with the game, now is the time to drop it before you're invested.

Second, Voidrig.  There's a lot of content in this game, like the Necramechs, certain weapons and frames, etc that were released long after other grinds.  This means that players at the time were expected to have completed those grinds already.  Something like needing multiple materials from multiple factions wasn't a big deal for many vets simply because we already had those things available when the new stuff dropped.  You're essentially trying to grind "out of order."  Rushing to get a mech before you've done so many of the things that came before it.  There's over 700 items that offer MR xp.  There's a lot of grind.  You are going to burn out insanely fast if you try to push to end game when you're 38 hours in.  Especially when you try to do it out of sequence.  The grinds can absolutely be rough, and I'm not defending them exactly.  But take your time and work the content that fits where you are in the game.  

KDrives suck.  Almost no one likes KDrives.  They're so maligned that the frame that uses one was given an augment mod so that you don't have to use the KDrive on the frame to get the benefits anymore.  That being said, this game has so many varied forms of content, you are guaranteed to run into more things you hate.  Complain.  Absolutely complain.  But also learn to deal with the nonsense, get proficient enough to work through it, complete it and never touch it again.  I despise KDrives, but I've also still maxed out faction standing with vent kids, gotten all the MR from each board, and gotten everything from the vent kids store.

And the quests will drop into your lap.  Keep pushing star chart.  You'll need completion of each node for other things anyway, and you get MR xp for first completion of a node.

• Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, Raven3r48 a dit :

You have many ways to obtains slots as said above ; but you can also recycle your normal warframes : When farming Deimos, you will want to aquire as soon as possible the Helminth Segment (from Son, rank 3), which will allow you to sacrifice in it normal Warframes to unlock one specific spell for each in your Helminth Library, a spell that you will be able to infuse later on other frame. By using the Helminth system, you will have a reason to level up normal warframes (for the MR) and then Subsume (sacrifice) them freeing the slot in the process. Subsuming take 24h.

Note that you can't subsume Prime warframe.
Note that you don't want to subsume "hard to get" normal Warframes, or Warframes that don't have a prime variant yet (if you want to be able to play them until then).

Rhino is a must have in the Helminth system, for example. If you dislike him very much, you know now where he must go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raven3r48 said:

38 hours in

4 hours ago, Raven3r48 said:

I need 120 platinum to try them all and I think it is so unfair.

You've had 38 hours of fun so far without spending any money. Let me have 38 hours of fun from the fruits of your labor without any compensation to you. Would that be fair to you?

Buying some platinum or trading for some from other players that was bought is completely fair.

• Like 1

First of all thank you everyone for answers and usefull tips!

I didn't know about those 50% and 75% disscounts I will buy some pack if I get them. 

Cypherusuh special thanks to you, I will do that today after work for hour or two to see how much I can get :D

So I got the idea of a game after this, there is no way to complete main story and to ignore other stuff, game pushes you to do a lot before progressing and continuing the story.

My main goal until the end of the week would be to complete Jupiter, Europa, Voidrig, K drive quest and to grind as many stuff as I can and sell them (arround 30 items until the end of the week I can sell).

After that I will see if I have wish to continue with clearing other planets starting with Saturn and to progress more.

• Like 1

I'd not spend plat on Voidrig.

If you play like me (want to collect and try everything at least once) playing enough Isolation Vaults for Arum Spinosa, Sporotrix and some Necramech mods, you will get enough Matrixes from guardian Necramechs to level Necraloid's syndicate and then buy the remaining parts for standing. Plus caves that lead to isovaults usually contain huge amount of mineable resources, the rest can be collected with Operator Pillars and resource containers.

Edited by RobWasHere
  • Like 1

Am 26.8.2024 um 23:56 schrieb Raven3r48:

only real life job and waiting for a discount. you can try playing relics, but that will take forever and whether you can sell anything properly is an open question. because there is a lot of competition on the website at the moment.
items that you can sell now are hardly worth anything and you can wait forever for the buyer.

On 2024-08-26 at 3:56 PM, Raven3r48 said:

My solution when I was low on plat was to actually not buy the slots, and just leave things crafted in the Foundry until I was ready to claim them. It's an easy time-saver, to just leave plenty of things fully-crafted in your Foundry. There are no limits on how many things can stay fully-crafted in there, and the time to craft is already over with so you can just click and claim immmediately whenever you're ready

If I'm after mastery, I would just sell warframes (regular versions) to make room for new ones, because it's easy to re-acquire most of the warframes, and selling them doesn't take away from mastery points. The exception to me was if they were either good at what missions I was playing, if I liked them particularly, or if the grind to get them was extremely frustrating and not worth doing again.

Basically the idea is to only buy as many slots as you can afford to balance between hoarding things that are good or that you like, and having a couple of spares that you can rotate new stuff through, which will save you a lot of plat until you have an easier time earning more somehow

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 2

On 2024-08-27 at 12:37 AM, Binket_ said:

That... doesn't really help if they're not looking to drop money on a dime.

I always have a hard time justifying buying the Tennogen cosmetics, let alone Platinum.

I play for fun :-)

If a part of a game isn't fun for me, or even obnoxious (like some grinds are), why make my play time miserable just to save some pennies?

If I have a gaming PC, even a cheap one, it's likely I have some spare dollars to make my game time more fun. Besides, buying Plat means supporting the developer.

Its all a matter of personal taste: if you enjoy a grind, knock yourself out. If a Tennogen suit makes you happy, why not?

My philosophy is simple: enjoy the game whichever way works best for you. There's no one right way. YMMV. ;-)

I just want to thank a guy who gifted me 2 warframe slots and told me that I do the same when I become a veteran to some new player. 

I will not name him, but bro you are a legend and you have my gratitude.

Community in this game continues to amaze me day by day and that is the main reason I will stick to Warframe for a long time.

After all, I need to become a veteran to gift something like this to a new player now :D

Cheers to all

• Like 3

On 2024-08-26 at 5:56 PM, Raven3r48 said:

* the JAWS theme starts to play *