Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lucky catch is a lot worse than Charm, change my mind!

_Anise_

I think most people don't bother using Charm in a serious capacity, if it happens it happens for them and they are going to see "Lucky catch" as a solid upgrade.

For anyone who has ever seriously farmed any sort of charmable drop, it is an obvious sugarcoated nerf. Becasue it totally removes the players control over being able to forego picking up desirable rares until charm popped. A lot of the most desirable of those drops did come from endless style missions where you where going to be standing around anyhow.

I don't think DE liked charm when it was used effectively and Lucky Catch is their way of removing it the same way they got rid of Itzals Blink by giving every archwing a seriously watered down version.

• Like 1

Just now, Oreades said:

I think most people don't bother using Charm in a serious capacity, if it happens it happens for them

I agree, this is me!! and you say most people don't too, so basically charm is getting nerfed because of a minority that do abuse it!

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

they are going to see "Lucky catch" as a solid upgrade.

not really because the chances the 13% buff activates looting the last void essence and doubling that resource for the entire run are going to fall off a cliff!

10 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

account for the the lost control

Implying charm gave any kind of control besides waiting for minutes on end for it to process, 2% btw, and then willingly sacrifi QoL like Vacuum for the entire mission for like what 2 minutes of extra drops? 

Drops that mind you, with the exception of Steel Essence, weren't even guarentee'd. 

Do you know how #*!%ing frustrating it was that Charn would finally proc, and then pops no Virus Essense or Toroid or it would proc at the start of a Profit Taker Run, too bad so sad. 

I get being frustrated that the omega quad buff being gone, but trying to say that Charm was this consistent thing and not frustrating RNG that would just unfairly give infinitely more resources to people through Bo more than a dice roll, is absurd. 

• Like 4

About the %, the number was weird to me, so after thinking about it a bit, i noticed that 13% is 2/16 abd 18 is 3/16 more or less. So my guess is that thats what the background will be doing to see if you get extra or not.

About whats better... nowadays, we have a 2.8% of getting a buff ( unless you do something to remove possible blesses that you donw want) and lasts 120 seconds. But you use it with tek enhance, and then its 156 seconds. That means that it will try to get the buff again 5.7 times in that time. That means that in a longer run, with current smeeta, once you have the buff, you have 6 rolls to get the x2 again.. and if you get it before it runs out, you get a x4. 

This makes current smeeta better for long runs and organiced runs, and new mods better for shorter runs.

So what do i think is better? none. Smeeta was an unfun mechanic, as they said, and the new farm is just a forced mod to use in all your beast builds, and can justify making things more expensive, since people will use that mod and get more resources, balancing the game around what would come to be 7 mods beasts.

I like the extra drop mechanics, but just as an active mechanic, like nekros, khora, hydroid, atlas... a passive that you can use all the time, is like vacuum. If its something mandatory, that you always have to use, and its even a passive... the just add it as a passive of all pets or warframes, dont spend mod slots needed to make the game more fun in that.

• Like 2

vor 12 Minuten schrieb BeornStorjern:

About the %, the number was weird to me, so after thinking about it a bit, i noticed that 13% is 2/16 abd 18 is 3/16 more or less. So my guess is that thats what the background will be doing to see if you get extra or not.

About whats better... nowadays, we have a 2.8% of getting a buff ( unless you do something to remove possible blesses that you donw want) and lasts 120 seconds. But you use it with tek enhance, and then its 156 seconds. That means that it will try to get the buff again 5.7 times in that time. That means that in a longer run, with current smeeta, once you have the buff, you have 6 rolls to get the x2 again.. and if you get it before it runs out, you get a x4. 

This makes current smeeta better for long runs and organiced runs, and new mods better for shorter runs.

So what do i think is better? none. Smeeta was an unfun mechanic, as they said, and the new farm is just a forced mod to use in all your beast builds, and can justify making things more expensive, since people will use that mod and get more resources, balancing the game around what would come to be 7 mods beasts.

I like the extra drop mechanics, but just as an active mechanic, like nekros, khora, hydroid, atlas... a passive that you can use all the time, is like vacuum. If its something mandatory, that you always have to use, and its even a passive... the just add it as a passive of all pets or warframes, dont spend mod slots needed to make the game more fun in that.

Nice profile picture

• Like 1

On 2024-09-29 at 1:30 AM, FulfillMyWill said:

IMO, this is the same situation as with Void Dash -> void sling: DE saying "we are improving QoL" instead of "we are nerfing it" to reduce backlash.

But, I love void sling. So, for me, you man they are buffing it.

Basically what I'm saying is each player is going to decide based on how they play.