Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.6

[DE]Danielle

15 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

you need a mod slot for that. Nourish just adds a 2nd damage instance with x% viral damage (same as xatas whisper) with no mod slot required. it's just DE being nutoriously inconsistent again...

You ignored the point again. 

Nourish applies a status to your weps and such, like Toxic Lash on Saryn, like Lavos' Valence Formation, and a lot like other abilities and augments. 
It is not an outright damage buff from an ability, it is applying a status 

Toxic Lash: 
- Imbues your weps with Toxin
- Has its own wonky math thanks to Pablo

Valence Formation: 
- Requires a Mod Slot
- Imbues your weps and abilities with said fused element (Viral, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, Magnetic, Radiation, or singular elements) 

Need I remind about Smite Infusion, Fireball Frenzy, Shock Trooper, Thermal Transfer, and Freezing Force. They all work exactly like Nourish, in giving your weps the status type bonus to your weps, they just are not giving viral. 

If the ability gave you a full-on damage buff AND the viral status on all of your weps, then DE would subject it to being included. But guess what, that's not how the ability works. 

As explained already: Roar, along with Amp, Xata's Whisper, Vex Armor, and Eclipse, are all abilities that give the player a flat damage buff. These are the 5 abilities that have been set in stone since 2020, almost 4 years ago, are the 5 that cannot be used together at the same time. 

End of story. 

Edited by Halo
Clarification
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halo said:

Nourish applies a status to your weps and such, like Toxic Lash on Saryn, like Lavos' Valence Formation, and a lot like other abilities and augments. 

Toxic Lash: 

Valence Formation: 
- Requires a Mod Slot
- Imbues your weps and abilities with said fused element (Viral, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, Magnetic, Radiation, or singular elements) 

Need I remind about Smite Infusion, Fireball Frenzy, Shock Trooper, Thermal Transfer, and Freezing Force. They all work exactly like Nourish, in giving your weps the status type bonus to your weps, they just are not giving viral. 

If the ability gave you a full-on damage buff AND the viral status on all of your weps, then DE would subject it to being included. But guess what, that's not how the ability works. 

As explained already: Roar, along with Amp, Xata's Whisper, Vex Armor, and Eclipse, are all abilities that give the player a flat damage buff. These are the 5 abilities that have been set in stone since 2020, almost 4 years ago, are the 5 that cannot be used together at the same time. 

End of story. 

okay, riddely me this then.... why exactly is xata's whisper included in the "damage boosting abilities" list if it also "just adds a status to your weapons" 🙃

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

okay, riddely me this then.... why exactly is xata's whisper included in the "damage boosting abilities" list if it also "just adds a status to your weapons" 🙃

Again, you have not read or used the ability in a long while then. 

Yes, Xata applies the Void status proc, which is the bullet-attractor. 

What you fail to grasp is that it is a full-on damage buff to all of your weps based on normal damage mods. This is even more amplified by the use of faction mods, multiplying your effective damage. This is what we call double-dipping. 

This ability provides a damage bonus with a status exclusive to this ability and only amps

Nourish provides an elemental proc, but it does not directly increase your damage before striking anything or before applying said viral proc to any enemy. 

Edited by Halo
  • Like 1

Xata is total dmg instance multiplicator with Void dmg and status almost exactly the same as Toxic Lash and we all know why Saryn gets free pass on that . While we can have the discusion about Roar , Eclipse and Vex bunching Xata with them feels like hypocrisy considering the above mentioned situation.

58 minutes ago, --UMBRA--BakedCookie said:

NULL STAR RECAST FIX WHEN?!?!?!?!?!?!

Personally, I am against removing the Null Star cooldown.

This is because we agree with the developer's intention to limit DPS in Spam builds.
The more fundamental reason is that Null Star has become an overly efficient ability.

However, if the developer's intention is not to limit Hit&Run builds, I think it is worth considering shortening the cooldown of Null Star.
Instead, I think the damage should be weakened and the cooldown should be kept at least 1 second.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Halo said:

Toxic Lash: 

Valence Formation: 
- Requires a Mod Slot

End of story. 

All of those actually are damage buffs. They work just like your regular modded elements (excluding toxic lash). The primary element ones will even fuse with any uncombined elements on your weapons, unless you've already modded on the corresponding element of the buff.

Toxic lash is different because it deals a seperate instance of damage, in which case it's basically just a toxin damage version of xata's whisper (which honestly makes it the better version because void status sucks). Saryn getting a pass on being able to use damage buff subsumes alongside toxic lash, instead of having to lose it like Octavia, is really just an arbitrary ruling.

• Like 1

vor 46 Minuten schrieb SecretFriend_Ajeossi:

Personally, I am against removing the Null Star cooldown.

This is because we agree with the developer's intention to limit DPS in Spam builds.
The more fundamental reason is that Null Star has become an overly efficient ability.

However, if the developer's intention is not to limit Hit&Run builds, I think it is worth considering shortening the cooldown of Null Star.
Instead, I think the damage should be weakened and the cooldown should be kept at least 1 second.

wait, lemme use my dual ichor saryn combo. its the same. even easyer. why not nerf that.

or wait, lemme nuke whole maps with melee crit aoe builds using red crits from kullervo subsume.

oh wait, lemme use one of the many one tap room clearing incarnons to take away the fun.

Man, this game lives from stuff like that. I dont get why ppl try to defend a nerf, when the game is filled to the brim with compareable and also much stronger stuff.

Also DE doesnt even realize themselfes what they do anymore.

Remeember how they crippled zenistar disc duration etc pp?

Well, guess what: galvanized reflexes literally resettet the whole thing.

I can do a afk build with saryn and zenistar, only having to press buttons in a certain timed window, being able to fully watch video on the side.

The only reason i used null star spam, was to also being able to farm level cap with hildryn vs corpus bubbles.

Now im back to grinner only with thermal sunder spam. You get where this is going, right?

Or remember how DE changed dmg calc etc so we dont get that many red crits anymore? 

Well, were back to that point for over 2 years now.

Aight, enough ranting, nothing personal. Im simply pissed they remove stuff ignoring other stuff and also #*!%ing their playerbase with it.

My hildryn build was made using hundreds of plat due to testing etc pp and is now useless.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, --UMBRA--BakedCookie said:

wait, lemme use my dual ichor saryn combo. its the same. even easyer. why not nerf that.

or wait, lemme nuke whole maps with melee crit aoe builds using red crits from kullervo subsume.

oh wait, lemme use one of the many one tap room clearing incarnons to take away the fun.

Man, this game lives from stuff like that. I dont get why ppl try to defend a nerf, when the game is filled to the brim with compareable and also much stronger stuff.

Also DE doesnt even realize themselfes what they do anymore.

Remeember how they crippled zenistar disc duration etc pp?

Well, guess what: galvanized reflexes literally resettet the whole thing.

I can do a afk build with saryn and zenistar, only having to press buttons in a certain timed window, being able to fully watch video on the side.

The only reason i used null star spam, was to also being able to farm level cap with hildryn vs corpus bubbles.

Now im back to grinner only with thermal sunder spam. You get where this is going, right?

Or remember how DE changed dmg calc etc so we dont get that many red crits anymore? 

Well, were back to that point for over 2 years now.

Aight, enough ranting, nothing personal. Im simply pissed they remove stuff ignoring other stuff and also #*!%ing their playerbase with it.

My hildryn build was made using hundreds of plat due to testing etc pp and is now useless.

I understand why you're upset.

However, it's not right to ignore the fundamental problem of spam builds.

When abilities without casting delay are combined with infinite energy, abnormal DPS occurs.
In other words, the only solution to prevent such abnormal DPS is to apply cooldowns.

However, it is true that applying cooldowns causes inconvenience.
That's why I think that appropriate compensation for cooldowns is necessary.

One of those compensations is to give a legitimate reason to buff abilities that have been weakened by spam builds.

Above all, we have seen various attempts by developers to improve balance recently.
It may be inconvenient at first, but if players continue to block these changes, developers will not be able to improve anything.

I won't deny that this is a somewhat optimistic view, but I think we need to abandon the old ways and embrace the new.

• Like 1

[Antimatter Drop]'s damage absorption is limited to 5 times, so weapons with low damage cannot charge the maximum amount of damage.

I confirmed that when the weapon damage is low, the damage of [Antimatter Drop] also becomes low.
The reason is that [Antimatter Drop] cannot absorb damage more than 6 times, so the maximum amount of damage cannot be charged.

In other words, the visual charging effect of [Antimatter Drop] is not related to the actual damage absorbed.
I think it's a bug, but if this is the intended effect, it will greatly limit weapon selection.

Could you please review this issue?

==========================================================================================

This may be my personal problem, but when I use the [Dagath] noble animation on [Nova], intermittent stuttering occurs.
To solve this problem, I reset the PC and even reset the decorations on the Orbiter.
Now I have to spend a lot of time decorating the Orbiter again.   :'(

Edited by SecretFriend_Ajeossi
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

To clarify! This is specifically fixes being able to have Eclipse, Roar, or Xata's Whispers on Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia and Xaku in addition to their own damage boosting abilities, as intended. 

Appreciate the clarification, as I rely on nourish for my Chroma build and would've been sad if that got changed.

• Like 1

On 2024-10-11 at 11:09 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello Tenno! We wanted to get out some important fixes before the team takes off on a Canadian holiday long weekend. Take care! 

Changes:

• Made improvements to the objective marker pathing and visibility in the Corpus Outpost tileset. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed the Okina Evolution 3 Incarnon Challenge not progressing. 
  • Fixed Caliban’s Summulyst not summoning Choralysts in Exterminate missions.
  • Fixed Koumei’s Kumihimo strings not spawning correctly when cast in Frost’s Snowglobe. 
  • Fixed Arcanes unequipping after exiting the Arcane selection screen in the Loadout Navigation UI. 
  • Fixed a duplicate version of Client Warframes appearing when returning to Dry Dock from a Railjack mission. Spooky season may be upon us, but doppelgangers be gone!
  • Fixed Kalymos slip sliding around in The Lotus Eaters Quest. 
  • Fixed Loid being incorrectly lit in sections of the Whispers in the Walls Quest. 
  • More fixes towards a t-posing clone appearing on full-body FX —  notably, the Temporal Prime Ephemera.
  • Fixed shading issues on some parts of the Lumis Liset Skin. 
  • Fixed being unable to search unowned Mods in the Codex based on their description. 
  • Fixed the end of mission UI showing that Beast Claws gained Affinity when they are already max rank. 
  • Fixed a rare bug that allowed Helminth to add Eclipse, Roar or Xata's Whispers onto Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia and Xaku in addition to their own damage boosting abilities.
    • It is intended that the aforementioned abilities can only replace those Warframes' respective damage-boosting abilities (ex: Roar can only replace Vex Armor). Accounts with affected Warframes have had these listed abilities reverted.
  • Fixed Nova’s Molecular Prime not using the correct explosion sound FX. 
  • Fixed crash caused by searching Captura Scenes in the Arsenal. 
  • Fixed script error caused by Nova’s Wormhole. 

For list of known issues for Koumei & the Five Fates that require future code changes and cannot be addressed in a Hotfix, visit our dedicated thread: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1414761-known-issues-koumei-the-five-fates/

It was an earlier hotfix in the recent spree, but I just want to say that Netracell spawns are still not what they were before the Koumei update.

• Like 1

On 2024-10-11 at 1:09 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello Tenno! We wanted to get out some important fixes before the team takes off on a Canadian holiday long weekend. Take care! 

Changes:

• Made improvements to the objective marker pathing and visibility in the Corpus Outpost tileset. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed Koumei’s Kumihimo strings not spawning correctly when cast in Frost’s Snowglobe. 
  • Fixed Arcanes unequipping after exiting the Arcane selection screen in the Loadout Navigation UI. 
  • Fixed a duplicate version of Client Warframes appearing when returning to Dry Dock from a Railjack mission. Spooky season may be upon us, but doppelgangers be gone!
  • Fixed Loid being incorrectly lit in sections of the Whispers in the Walls Quest. 
  • More fixes towards a t-posing clone appearing on full-body FX —  notably, the Temporal Prime Ephemera.
  • Fixed being unable to search unowned Mods in the Codex based on their description. 
  • Fixed the end of mission UI showing that Beast Claws gained Affinity when they are already max rank. 
  • Fixed a rare bug that allowed Helminth to add Eclipse, Roar or Xata's Whispers onto Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia and Xaku in addition to their own damage boosting abilities.
    • It is intended that the aforementioned abilities can only replace those Warframes' respective damage-boosting abilities (ex: Roar can only replace Vex Armor). Accounts with affected Warframes have had these listed abilities reverted.

For list of known issues for Koumei & the Five Fates that require future code changes and cannot be addressed in a Hotfix, visit our dedicated thread: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1414761-known-issues-koumei-the-five-fates/

Do a tiny rework in Volt please

On 2024-10-11 at 1:09 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Changes:

Fixes: 

Please, can you do a tiny rework in volt for the next update?

On 2024-10-12 at 12:10 AM, Halo said:

Again, you have not read or used the ability in a long while then. 

Yes, Xata applies the Void status proc, which is the bullet-attractor. 

What you fail to grasp is that it is a full-on damage buff to all of your weps based on normal damage mods. This is even more amplified by the use of faction mods, multiplying your effective damage. This is what we call double-dipping. 

This ability provides a damage bonus with a status exclusive to this ability and only amps

Nourish provides an elemental proc, but it does not directly increase your damage before striking anything or before applying said viral proc to any enemy. 

Sorry, You are wrong....

Only reason Xata double dips IS because it applies a second hit of Void damage. Void status has very little to do with it. For that matter, Toxic Lash does the exact same thing but with Toxin, that is why it is so powerful - A second instance of elemental damage (not status*)

Nourish DOES increase your Damage AND in the form of x% Viral Damage to your weapons, that in turn makes you able to proc the Viral Status Effect on enemies Also with Your Guns as well as the wave when you take damage. That Is, by all means full on damage buff, unless somehow slapping 250% Viral to a weapon is not an overall damage increase 😁

On 2024-10-12 at 12:02 AM, LittleLeoniePrime said:

The real difference is:

Vex Armor - Massive BASE Damage+, usually 3-4 times what a Primed Base Damage Mod would provide.
 Eclipse - Weapon DamageX, Multiplies the damage only your weapons deal in a normal way.
 Roar - Overall DamageX, Multiplies Any source of damage including Ability damage, can also be considered a universal Bane aura for whomever has the buff, applies again on DoT just like Bane mods.

Xata and Toxic Lash - Weapon Damage + Weapon DamageX; Damage of weapon happens normally, then second instance of damage, determined by the multiplier of the ability, occurs in the element of said ability (Void or Toxin) causing it to hit twice, the second damage instance procs Status Effect independently of the original damage.

The Elemental ones: Heat, Electric, Cold, Corrosive, Radiation - All need an Augment to function and are just like slapping a normal elemental damage mod on your weapon. Valence fusion is... still an Augment but it does some stuff in a weird way with some weapons.

Nourish - Like slapping Viral mod on your weapon, does Not need an Augment, pulses staggering wave of Viral when you take damage with a guaranteed Viral Status proc.

I understand your confusion @LittleLeoniePrime. I have always coped that DE just looks at this and thinks "Well we cannot ban abilities in Helminth to be put on frames,  just because of a mod that makes them into a damage buff, when the original ability does not buff."

..... but then there is Nourish.... that even before the rework still buffed in a similar way without an Augment, but it was Toxin instead (i think, the memory is starting to fade, might have been corrosive idk). Why have they left it out of the "Big Damage Buff" category? Only DE can say. They nerfed it once so it looks weaker than the Elemental Buffs that need Augment..... Oh by the way it Also multiplies your energy gains too "sO iT iS nOt A pUrE dAmAgE bUfF" ... haha 🤣

Edited by Do_High_Go
missed something and formatting
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Do_High_Go said:

Sorry, You are wrong....

Get mad at DE then. 

Nourish does not provide a flat out damage buff that buffs your weps in any form. It provides viral damage, which in turn provides the better damage dealt. 

Your issue is with Viral, and I get that, and you can argue with me about semantics all you like as well, but that is not how the ability functions. 

If Nourish gave you a pure damage buff PLUS the endless viral procs for yourself and teammates, then I can see an easy reason for it to be added to the current 5. But alas, it does not. 

Edited by Halo
Clarification
  • Like 1