Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

motorcycle made the demo less fun????

LadyAnime

Riding the motorcycle was actually more of an issue than a fun experience. Not being able to shoot from it, so you have to constantly smash things with your 2 and then re-summoning it takes a CUTSCENE before you get back on. Enemies ( jade light eximus... ) can still hurt you a lot while on the bike and honestly? Dashing with his 1st ability WITHOUT the bike made the demo go faster than getting on the bike and back off to fight people etc. :/ 

Jade light killed me a few times. I'm not sure WHY they are even there since that "just happened" and I get this is "everything happens all at once obviously" but for lore and things I'm really unsure why they are involved.. It seemed like a fun place to race around ( finally a vehicle that can be ridden for fun? ) but i didn't get to do any tricks or even stay on the bike for more than a few seconds before having to dismount to beat up enemies.. :/ I'm not sure I could recommend the demo to my friends right now. I have a lot of people that left warframe and I think telling them the demo was "super fun" would be a lie at this point in time for me... I won't tell them it wasn't worth checking out but I just can't honestly say this is something they should rejoin warframe to check out =( which is unfortunate. 

• Like 8

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think you can use a motorcycle in a game unless you're going to really make it feel like a motorcycle.  DE did a good job with the Kaithe making it feel like a horse.  I hope they polish the atomicycle so it feels like a motorcycle, e.g., not spinning on its y axis, and that weird, weightless jump.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

That's just a DEMO. Do you really expect to have access to all gameplay features in DEMO?

Don't judge book by its cover. Wait for full release of 1999.

anything released is fair game

Edited by Quest
  • Like 9

The controls and gameplay on the atomicycle feels bad. I want to be able to shoot from it for one thing. Overall it was better to play without the cycle as it is right now, so they need to improve it a lot if it's supposed to be a major mechanic.

• Like 6

In agreement with the bike being... less than enticing.

The speed boost was pretty fun whenever using ramps, but adding bullet jumps to it really slowed down the momentum. 

The bomb ability is more cross fingers and hope it explodes somewhere near enemies? Pretty rough to aim it.

When the Kaithe takes off, it gives a sense of some heft there; the Atomi is lacking that same oomph. It's way too light and fluffy.

Not a fan of the animation every time of requesting it. If it was once -- like when you start a mission but thereafter was the basic mount, it might be better.

I don't expect to be on it much, unless there's a specific mission type where it's meant to really shine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

That's just a DEMO. Do you really expect to have access to all gameplay features in DEMO?

Don't judge book by its cover. Wait for full release of 1999.

As someone who loved the demo with very little criticisms, I fully disagree. Now is the most critical time to voice our complaints, especially seeing as we are on the official feedback subforum.

• Like 8