Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 Is Too Much Work ><

Love2Camp

I don't mind that I lack some of the mods that help my weapons, I don't mind that only a few actually work against all types of mob, and I don't mind that I can't use my favorite weapons no matter what I face.

I DO however mind that I am supposed to remember all this information, with which gun does what damage, what damage is good vs. what mob, what elements I should use etc etc.

Please make it all take less of an effort to use effectively.

You don't need to remember everything, everything is on Wiki, you can see which type of damage certain weapon deals in your armory, and everything is logical - Magnetism will destroy robots, just as magnets can destroy electrical devices. Acid will melt metal which is armor, and flesh? Flesh will burn just fine.

No effort at all.

I usually only remember the 3 physical types. This initially tells me a) what enemy it is suited for and b) if it has a place in my armoury. After that i play with mods and use the references other gave.

I really don't see how it is a lot of effort and to be honest i'm quite thankful having this to do whilst more content becomes available.

I usually only remember the 3 physical types. This initially tells me a) what enemy it is suited for and b) if it has a place in my armoury. After that i play with mods and use the references other gave.

I really don't see how it is a lot of effort and to be honest i'm quite thankful having this to do whilst more content becomes available.

haha, if anything it took more effort for 'im to chivvy his &amp;#&#33; along here to type out his complaint :3

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Damage_Type_Multipliers

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explainedsolved-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/#entry1610887

You don't have to remember anything, it's why there are tables and guides for it, and the codex has their weaknesses.

^that. 

One does not need to remember everything. 

Tip: Grab a piece of paper and right your own version of the info in the links above. Go to each of your guns in the arsenal and use the A/B/C build setups for each of the factions on the weapons u use regularely and thats it,

Once u get to the third/fourth weapons build setup process u'll be remembering alot of the information about how to do builds using the Dmg 2.0 system by yourself, it's actually quite simple after a few readthrough and setting ups of builds.  

Oh look another thread where some 'hardcore' are bashing someone.

So we have to go and peruse a Wiki to find out HOW TO PLAY this game?  That's 'Easy' to you?  Do you do this with every game?  What if there isn't one, or that the information has changed but no one's updated it?

How many wikis do you think there are for one game (I'll give you a hint, more than one)?

Seriously?

As a matter of fact, there is only one wiki. Nice try

As far as the damage types, it's is a simple matter of taking a picture of it and save it on your phone, or else save it on your desktop.

As far as 'hardcores' bashing someone, it is actually regular players looking down on a LAZY player 

PS: After damage 2.0, the wiki was updated 24 hours afterwards

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Liverslices

I don't think the damage system is too complicated for users to understand. Many users on this forum (including myself) know the Damage 2.0 system, some others to entirely new depths. I do think, however, that there is a lack of communication of its concepts within Warframe in itself. As a whole, the wiki is required to understand how mods work; let alone how the base three damage types interact. There is no explanation of damage interaction between specific types and specific factions, you need the wiki for it.

I personally do not think this is acceptable. It drives away and overwhelms new players that may want to try the game but find difficulty in why specific damage types perform differently against certain factions and conditions. Not everyone is willing to read the wiki--only those truly interested in the game will do so, and if you attempt to exclude everyone else, that drives away what will keep the game alive--more players.

The game needs a more fleshed out tutorial. Preferably, you could receive a single copy of every single elemental damage mod and every single Impact, Puncture, and Slash mod and having specific information being told in tooltips about how it interacts and how they combine with one another for an entirely new effect would be absolutely fantastic for understanding. As a matter of fact, even experienced players don't know exactly what the damage procs do to a specific degree, they just know things like Magnetic damage reducing shields or Viral reducing health on a proc (but not to a specific percentage; this isn't even listed on the wiki, the only source of information we have for learning the intricacies of the game).

For a game where a large amount of the information is conveyed in specific numerics (especially weapon data), it is odd to not see the damage follow suit in terms of being communicated to its playerbase. At the very least, a "Help" section in the Codex would be very nice, where it could have simple explanations or a table akin to the one in the http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0'>wiki. Again, I don't think the change to damage is too much--it has its ups and downs, but it has honestly been necessary for controlling some of the power creep and inability to use most of the weapons because of an exorbitant armor value that was a constant problem. However, it is definitely a complicated change that needs understand, and you cannot expect every user to consult the wiki. The game should be able to explain itself to its users, lest the developers legitimately accept the fact that they will lose players because of this. People have already made complaints on its complexity with great unhappiness--this issue needs a little bit of addressing at the very least.

Whats wrong with a little mystery and a little trial and error. Personally once I have a game figured out I get very bored with it and quit playing. Damage 2.0 comes close to this but not completely. For corpus use impact magnetic and fire. For grineer use puncture corrosive and blast. For infested use slash and fire. I hope they start buffing the other damage types so these basic formats dont become the new end all beat all builds. Otherwise it will have nothing to tinker with which leads to boredom.

I have been using the wiki, but it gets tedious alt-tabbing all the time, doing infested with corpus guns, joining some alert, and then remember, S#&amp;&#036;, I'm using slashweapons on corpus... 

Some clearer labeling of things ingame wouldn't be too much to ask for. Like when you pick your gun, you have to actually equip it to see what type it is. If they added some info in the select window, that would be awesome. And maybe on weapons that focused on slash, it could say "This is good for flesh", or puncture; "This is good for armor". If you don't read the wiki, or the forums, and just play, you'll have a helluva time figuring out why your guns suddenly suck.

And thanks all for the links to places, I know you mean well ^^

You can still be effective against all three factions with weapons like the hind, the burston.... If you dont want to remember this information build an all rounder weapon. The customization now exists for those people who want to go above and beyond and prepare for a mission to optimizie their chances of success. If you're saying you're too lazy to do so, well, to be honest, its your own problem.

Do some research on the guns and find an all Rounder and level that up then. It wont be the best but it will be equally effective against all factions. 

I believe The basic Braton and he are two all rounder weapons. 

Just for reference you have always needed to use the wiki to understand this games damage model. Maybe a little more so now. However your problem is not the system fault its the fact that you still recall the old system. New players will gravitate to Damage 2.0 with greater ease than older players. 

Scan the enemies and the coded with tell you weaknesses then make a setup for each enemy. Since you have 3 setups after doing it a few times it will be second nature.

Assuming you're lucky enough to get the appropriate mods.  I've logged over 400 hours in this game, and I've yet to get any rifle elemental mods other than Cryo Rounds.  In fact, the only reason I'm using my Strun Wraith is because I have all the shotty Elemental mods.  I'd actually like to mod my Gorgon, but...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Damage_Type_Multipliers

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explainedsolved-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/#entry1610887

You don't have to remember anything, it's why there are tables and guides for it, and the codex has their weaknesses.

I agree, but the codex list for weaknesses looks like a mess.  They should make tables for it.

If you don't wish to remember too much.

Then remember this 2.

Puncture based = Magnetic + Fire

Impact based = Corrosive + Fire.

Your DPS won't be the "highest" but it can serve you equally well in most situations.

Even void survival T3.

Edited by fatpig84

If you don't wish to remember too much.

Then remember this 2.

Puncture based = Magnetic + Fire

Impact based = Corrosive + Fire.

Your DPS won't be the "highest" but it can serve you equally well in most situations.

Even void survival T3.

You mean

Impact based = Magnetic + Heat for Corpus

Puncture based = Corrosive + Heat for Grineer

or you like to make things harder than needed?

I would add Slash = Heat/Blast for infested

Really though the stickied post in General Feedback has 1 pic that explains everything, just save the pic for reference and check for updates.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explained-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/

Edited by inde

OP has an excelent point.

Idea:

Add a little grineer/infested/corpus logo on weapons and mods in the loadout screen, to see in one eyes glance what it is best used againt.

Eg.

Synapse will have a little corpus logo, to inidcate it is most effective Vs corpus

Heated charge will have an infested logo, etc, etc.

Having to rework all my weapons is annoying but i can deal with it.

The weapons that I had formed multipule times are no longer optimized but "they" have said that they are going to fix that somehow.

Since I now loadout my weapons for the specific faction I will be fighting the only question I have remaining is what are we supposed to do in viod missions where we face varients of all three factions? I only have two ranged weapons and all the factions have at least one mob varient you typically don't want to melee. So you can't really do three different loadouts for all factions at once. This seems like an oversight in void missions.

ideas?  O,o

Having to rework all my weapons is annoying but i can deal with it.

The weapons that I had formed multipule times are no longer optimized but "they" have said that they are going to fix that somehow.

Since I now loadout my weapons for the specific faction I will be fighting the only question I have remaining is what are we supposed to do in viod missions where we face varients of all three factions? I only have two ranged weapons and all the factions have at least one mob varient you typically don't want to melee. So you can't really do three different loadouts for all factions at once. This seems like an oversight in void missions.

ideas?  O,o

The Corrosive/heat will take care of the few (in comparison) ancients you see there. I use one weapon for Corpus and another for Grineer. Primary/Secondary depending.