Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back All Exclusive Items...

noveltyhero

(inb4 I get killed with stones, read please)

... for an event. Before the game gets fully released, we should have 2-3 weeks in which we can play with ALL of the previously temporarily released weapons. I want to use the Vandal series for example and the Strun Wraith. This will only be for the duration of that time ONLY, we don't get to keep it however we do get to keep the mastery xp from it and its entry in the codex. We will 100% not be allowed to keep these weapons, doesn't matter how much platinum you pay or whatever nobody keeps them unless they had them already. Good event reward for pre-release? I would think so and I know many people eager to just feel that nice finish on the Braton Vandal.

What do you think?

I mean this keeps the veteran players AND the newbies happy :)

TL;DR

Some people don't know how to read.

There would be an Event.

2 weeks long.

Every previously exclusive weapon is available for the duration of said event.

Event ends.

Weapons are removed from the inventory of everyone besides those who intially got the weapon.

"But muh exkloosifs!!"

Completeionists can have their Codex filled, and the whiners can keep their exclusives.

Edited by noveltyhero

Are people blind or just too lazy to read what he said, he said like TRIAL only, you DON'T keep the weapons after the event would be over.... The weapon itself would still be exclusive to those that actually did the event for it.

Edited by SaintLucifer

Grr! Obligatory rage!

Why i'm not surprised to see this thread being trolled already...gotta "love" this community...

Unless there was a mod edit, the first response was simply 'no'. But really, there isn't much else to respond with to those who keep creating these threads.

Oh, not this stupidity AGAIN...

Oh, sure. Make ALL the exclusives available because people want them. Oh and don't want to pay for them. Don't want to work for them, or EARN them, but want them. Now.

Fine. I want a million dollars from everyone who posts this silliness. Can I have it?

Someone suggested adding a sort of practice range for the codex in which you could test out any and all the weapons in it in a controlled codex-matrix-like environment, which would of course include all of the vandals, wraiths, primes, etc. To me, that would make 10000 times more sense. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

They will probably keep all closed beta items locked, as for others they're better off just releasing them via new events.

And yes, OP, the number of trolls on these forums is staggering.

Um, just a FYI... To you and the OP... You might want to do a search for the word 'exclusive' before posting if you do not want to get reamed.

I know that is... logic and bad... but still... Might want to.

It WOULD cut down on the number of 'YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ****ING ME' replies if you saw how many of these have been posted in the last few days, let alone the last couple of weeks/months.

There is already an Extensive flame war troll post civil discussion peace talks Geneva convention all out war reasonable talks Topic that debates the matter as it is over https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/162183-making-exclusives-non-exclusives/'>Here

There are currently several points that have been made in favor of both sides

I am currently against all opposing points in favor of maintaining the current Status Quo.

Edited by ensignvidiot

There is already an Extensive flame war troll post civil discussion peace talks Geneva convention all out war reasonable talks Topic that debates the matter as it is over Here

There are currently several points that have been made in favor of both sides

I am currently against all opposing points in favor of maintaining the current Status Quo.

My post is different from that because I want them temporarily, enough for me to get some closure of never playing with the Braton Vandal and such. Then comes along a bunch of idiots who don't even read my post. Sorry but that just made me very annoyed with some people.

I agree, exclusives remain exclusive but I still need closure, I think my way is the best way to do it.

My post is different from that because I want them temporarily, enough for me to get some closure of never playing with the Braton Vandal and such. Then comes along a bunch of idiots who don't even read my post. Sorry but that just made me very annoyed with some people.

I agree, exclusives remain exclusive but I still need closure, I think my way is the best way to do it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind another chance to get some lost Vandals or Wraiths. I would like to have a full set of either gear, I missed out on the Machete wraith supporting the Corpus.

But, I sill believe the whole of the lost items should remain lost to the new crowd as a whole.

Personally, I wouldn't mind another chance to get some lost Vandals or Wraiths. I would like to have a full set of either gear, I missed out on the Machete wraith supporting the Corpus.

But, I sill believe the whole of the lost items should remain lost to the new crowd as a whole.

I want to agree with you but I just can't. Seeing those empty places in the Codex and less mastery rank because I wasn't here? I don't mind not touching the weapon ever again I just want to have it in my history of used weapons.

I missed out on the Machete wraith supporting the Corpus.

The Machete Wraith was awarded to players no matter what side your chose to support. As long as you did 25 missions, the winning factions melee weapon would be given to all. The only reason you would not have gotten it if you participated is if you did not do 25 missions. If you did, and still did not receive it, then you should contact support, though considering the time that's passed, it might be too late.

Edited by Haldos

The Machete Wraith was awarded to players no matter what side your chose to support. As long as you did 25 missions, the winning factions melee weapon would be given to all. The only reason you would not have gotten it if you participated is if you did not do 25 missions. If you did, and still did not receive it, then you should contact support, though considering the time that's passed, it might be too late.

Frak, seriously? Well ill submit the ticket, it the worst that could happen is they say no.

Fact:

Exclusivity is stupid.

It makes 1 side feel special but makes the other side hate the special side. It starts unnecessary wars, however it's not like they should give people the chance to get the Brakk any time soon is it? Some time in two years? sure but this year? hell naah

Frak, seriously? Well ill submit the ticket, it the worst that could happen is they say no.

Since I'm sure you did the prerequisite missions for it, I'm willing to bet Support will give it to you. A screen shot of your stats showing that you did it couldn't hurt either. Best of luck.

Fact:

Exclusivity is stupid.

Here's why exclusivity on items and such in games exists - because of rival Platforms which need to compete. Steam version of certain games like Dungeon Defenders have exclusive stuff to convince people to use steam. PS3 version of Mortal Kombat 10 has exclusive character and stage to convince people get it on Sony platform. Microsoft pays for temporary exclusivity on CoD DLC to get people to play it on 360.

Here's the deal. Exclusivity is not about benefiting some players. It is about making other players experience worse - incomplete, inferior, broken depending on amount of money involved. In order to convince those players to use platform X and support it's owners. People look at it and while practice is kinda disgusting a lot of people get it - devs need to eat, Microsoft/Sony/Valve paid a lot or offered good benefits..

In case of Warframe all I see is developer being ...let's say not very nice... towards players. For no good reason too. Hence threads like this will always appear until game dies or exclusivity dies.

Players also surprise me. It's a 4 player co-op game where most of the time you don't even notice what exact weapon 3 other guys are using. Not an MMO where you can go dance in town square and have 100+ people gaze upon your Legendary Sword of Bear Bearness. It's like people most concerned about keeping experience of all new players as bad and un-fun as possible.