Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 12: Zephyr Rises

[DE]Rebecca

Didn't see the Valkyr armor buff coming, though it clearly shows they want Valkyr to be able to tank with her health pool.  Combined with extra help to Hysteria maybe she'll be able to heal herself decently now.  Assuming she gets to melee stuff before teammates roflstomp it with ranged weapons/powers (main issue I'd say, current healing mechanic works better without teammates nearby/fighting the same stuff as you).  Either way, she got some love which I'm glad to see as I like her concept.... or at least my internal interpretation of her concept, haha.

Nice to see Frost's 1 get an aoe component (assuming it's the freeze component) to give him more options.

The jiggly nature of the new HUD when I move/turn was instantly annoying.  Some of the numbers can actually go offscreen (like energy, not that knowing your energy at a glance is important or anything)  Need to see if there's an option to make it stay in place instead.  Also noticed that I can't use A or D to leave/stay in a Defense mission now.  Maybe the hotkey for that got moved to somewhere else I'm not aware of yet.

As for the rest of the new HUD.  Ahh, change, I hate change.  Hiss, moan, whine, etc.  We'll see how used to it we are in a week.  Some of the important info does seem kinda small, though.  I really don't need more screen space for [Mr. Torgue voice] EXPLOSIONS?! [/Torgue] to take up.

Well, Valkyr to me is a solo warframe like Ash. You go with those if you wanna have fun on a single player mode style (or with other players using the same warframe)

Seems pretty good so far, I found the mini map to be just a tad bit small. Would like to see some customization HUD tweaks for sizing and change the locations to another corner etc.

Keep up the good work DE!

Edited by Jenocyber

ADDITIONS

-‘Ties That Bind’ – Darvo’s Alert return! For a Limited Time Only, play it before it’s gone! Coming very soon.

YAY MORE DARVO

- New Game Mode – “Interception” Territory Control Mode! This Mission type is making its debut on Earth, check it out where Mobile Defense missions used to be!

*sigh* can't you just add new mission nodes to existing planets for once, instead of removing beloved game modes?

- New Clan Dojo Garden room + 8 new decorations!

YAY! Now gimme more dojo love. :3

- New Warframe – Zephyr, the aeronautical Warframe (+ alternate helmet!)

You even used the same name...

- New Weapon – “Phage” Infested Primary. Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!
- New Weapon – “Jat Kittag” Grineer Melee Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!
- New Weapon – “Akstiletto” Tenno Secondary Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!
- New Weapon – “Dual Cestras” – Dual wield your Cestras! Get it in the Market or Clan Research Today!

Wait, market AND clan research? What's the point of spending untold amount of ressources to get a blueprint you can simply buy on the market to begin with?

- HUD 2.0 – all new look HUD with expanded informational output.

At least there is an option to turn the wobble off.

- Improved Mod management – including duplicate mod stacking and auto-install.

It's about time for stacking. Auto install? Does it... Add random mods to fill your points? O_o

- Enemy Leaders AI – specialized enemy types that spawn with improved stats and ally support abilities.

So you have to shoot them first, good. Or just bruteforce our way through like we always have, your pick.

- Added avatar packs for Oberon, Mag Prime, and Frost Prime.

Bonus points for prime avatars.

- Completely reworked the sounds of all Infested Ancients - this is also the first time players will hear the winning sounds as voted on in the Design Council.

I can't wait!

- Polarity Management is here! You can now swap the order of Polarities on your Forma’d gear!

People were waiting for this ever since Damage2.0 an it's finally here! Rejoice!

- “Training” Section now live in the Codex, a helpful area for all things Warframe!

New player experience being improved = Good.

CHANGES:

Warframe Changes:

- Saryn’s Moult ability now causes radial damage when it is killed.

Good.

- Valkyr now has 600 base armor.

Meh, we'll see if it helps.

- Valkyr’s Hysteria ability now takes weapon damage and crit into consideration.

NOW we're talking! :D

- Frost's Freeze now comparable to Ember’s Fireball ability.

- Frost’s Ice Wave now force procs slow (chill).
- Frost’s Avalanche ability now has increased casting speed and damage.

Buffing Frost's 1, 2 and 4, good, that...

- Frost’s Snowglobe now has health in the following values as upgraded/fused: 1500,2500,3000,3500.
OH COME ON, YOU HAD 40 PAGES OF FEEDBACK TELLING YOU NOT TO DO IT AND YOU WENT AND DID IT ANYWAY?

- Oberon's Regeneration projectile speed increase.
Judging by the amount of people wanting it that's a good thing.

Weapon Changes:

- Bow weapons receive 1/3 damage buff + gave charged arrows innate puncture depth.
- Dread arrows have increased flight speed.

- Critical Chance and reload speed of bows slightly tweaked.

Bow buffs!

- Embolist now has increased damage and forced poison proc.

Embolist buff!

- Tigris now has improved damage, critical chance, and proc rate.

Tigris buff!

- Hek damage increased and more minimum damage added to falloff.

And you get a buff!

- Hammer and Staff weapons now ragdoll enemies on charged attacks.

And you get a buff! (much needed one)

- Vulkar now has increased damage and proc rate.

And you!

- Latron and Latron Prime now have increased damage.
- Sentinel Deth Machine Rifle weapon now has 5% crit chance.
- Flux Rifle now has improved damage and proc rate.
EVERYONE GETS A BUFF! :D

Aura Changes:

- Physique Aura rebalanced (+3% Health per level)
- Steel Charge Aura rebalanced (+5% Damage per level).
- Rejuvenation Aura rebalanced (+.5% Heal Rate per level).
- Sprint Boost Aura Rebalanced and re-released into Alert System.  (+2.5% per level, 10% overall).
Time will tell but please put the old values in the patch notes. As it is, the Physique and rejuvenation were buffed but the steel charge was nerfed slightly I believe. For melee 2.0 probably.

- All Damage Resistance Mods buffed (2% to 10% per level).

FIVE TIME more efficient? Oh boy, maybe they'll see some action now. Much needed.

- Void Defense missions are now Endless, they no longer have a set number of waves to complete.

Good, now we can leave T3 on wave 5 because the snow globe can't hold for three seconds.

- Mobile Defense removed from Earth in favor of new Interception game mode.

Why did you replace it? ADD NODES TO EARTH.

- Corpus Crewmen Helmets now are destroyed after taking an amount of damage, revealing a head that is open for headshots underneath!

That's a cool way to bring back the crewmen headshots!

- Improvements made to the Void Drop table, find Prime Drop locations on the Wikia or Forums (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/).

GIVE THE NUMBERS, PLEASE.

- Trading logic changes: It's no longer "turn based" for the most part, you can change your offer at any time. Only when you accept the trade do you wait, for the other player to accept or make a change. Both players have to accept the current trade before it completes.

I take it that you automatically un-accept if changes are made, to avoid scams. That's good.

- Sentinel & Sentinel weapon XP added to login rewards.

OH COME ON! 1200 XP is NOTHING, and you're further diluting the rewards. People have been asking you to remove the pointless XP rewards, and you answer by adding more of them?

- Replaced “Naked Nick” with a tinted Tenno Prisoner for the casket defense mode.

Farewell, "Nacked Nick" ;_;7 (not that I'd ask him back, on the contrary I'm quite happy to see him replaced :D )

FIXES

All fixes are good. I like fixes.

I like the new HUD, but like it has been said in other threads, we really need an option to scale it, not to mention being able to center it a bit since part of it keep cutting out of the screen.

Also, a question: was the new roll mechanic an intended change? It was really confusing to spam rolls on the ground instead of sliding and doing aerial kicks. (Using an Xbox360 controller here) The auto slide isn't working anymore, you need to hold the thumb-stick most of the time. (I think, still playing around with it) It makes it a bit harder to aim compared to how it used to be.

Never mind about this post.

It's a bit late... I mean "early" over here. (07:12am, waited all night for the update :p)

Thanks to Syzodia for the heads up to check the options menu for the HUD margin settings. This also made me figure out that the Right thumb-stick for auto crouch was removed in the patch (I had to remap it) so it's all working like it used to.

[Resetting to default removes it again btw.]

Thanks again for an awesome update :)

Edited by Ahcruna

Hey DE,

can you put back the option to use the A or D key, when deciding to leave the level or to fight longer, please?

When Framerate is low, the mouse is useless... and you end up continuing the fight when you may not want it...

Edited by YoungBlood-X

Ok first it seems the game now as issue recognizing my Razer Oberweaver (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver)  when I use the key configured to be C (who's suposed to be toogle crouch) I change weapon.... Never had the problem before  EDIT : Nevermind this just remaping the key fixed it

Second I always know it's a risk since the game is still considered in a beta phase but as far as I'm concerned I just lost the 5 forma I put in frost. Snowglobe was the only decent power of this frame It was not OP it was verry specialized.

As a side note I realy dont get how you keep nerfing frame left and right and still leave Nova untouched O_o. One of you guys girlfriend is playing with her and will make you sl;eep on the couch if you do so or what ? 

Also verry susrprised to see no prime gear nor frame I was soo looking forward to that :/ 

Like someone else said, there's far to few enemies in the new game mode. Curently it's rather boring 

Edited by Nikrul

Please allow us to use the old HUD.

The old HUD was not pretty, nor was it particularly great for legibility, but the new HUD is utterly terrible. This new addition of skill dots beneath the reticle is useful but information such as stamina, shields/health, ammo and squad stats being crammed into tiny portions of the corners of the screen is awful. Stamina is nearly impossible to quickly track, as is most every other stat.

Functionally the new HUD is a tremendous downgrade over the old one and the style frankly doesn't fit the rest of the game's aesthetic. Please let us simply use the old HUD.

well said, well said

clap clap clap

+1

5000 Oxium for the Zephyr frame seems like too much. I've been playing quite a bit and I only have 500, and still need enough to build its components when it's researched (after several days).

The Moon clans are getting a price reduction, are there any other alterations coming (I'm in a Storm clan).

Please allow us to use the old HUD.

The old HUD was not pretty, nor was it particularly great for legibility, but the new HUD is utterly terrible. This new addition of skill dots beneath the reticle is useful but information such as stamina, shields/health, ammo and squad stats being crammed into tiny portions of the corners of the screen is awful. Stamina is nearly impossible to quickly track, as is most every other stat.

Functionally the new HUD is a tremendous downgrade over the old one and the style frankly doesn't fit the rest of the game's aesthetic. Please let us simply use the old HUD.

I agree with this wholeheartedly other than the dots below the reticle, i find them distracting but not overly objectionable.  Please allow the old hud to be an option again.  The old scheme for hp/shields/energy was much easier to read and much better when grouped together as they were, preferably in the top as they used to be.  Also the style fit better with the game and was alot prettier to look at.

Edited by Nekula