Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

I would like to add something to this thread, in fact concept threads as a whole.

There are in my opinion two reasons for doing a concept.

1) The OP had an idea that he/she feel would be awesome and strives to get upvotes and attention in order to convince the developers to add it to the game.

2) The OP has a love for the work and if it makes it into the game is not the absolute goal, but a nice bonus.

If notoriety and upvoting alone would put a concept in the game was enough, Derf Anyo and the Oracle would be a thing by now.

After the past months changes I don't know how DE descide anymore. Pagan gods, creatures from the deep and now lamadogs tells me anything goes, as long as it is interesting enough.

And great ideas thrive in this forum.

Actually I don't know what Red goal is here, but for most of the people here on the forum, creating concepts is: 

Sharing creativity and artistic skill

Upvote and notoriety alone does not get this in Warframe, same thing apply for other games such as League of Legend.

There will always one dude in the Dev team, that will be bored and out of idea, he has to come to this forum and pick one concept to present it to the men in charge. Maybe Typhus was shown, maybe the Dev team would be like

" Great Idea, but let change the whole Concept design 100%, and just keep the name like what we did with Zephyr"

Or:

"Love it but No goddamn it, We want a the next one to be a different"

"But sir this concept have like 1000 Upvote and over 60000 views and alot of people supporting it"

"We will go with that"

I have seen something similair with League of Legend if you have time to google, just google Dragon Master Swain, that concept has Three times the upvote Typhus get, over million views, Dev even said they are gonna make it 3 times, but it still is not in the game, then some dude draw "Void FIzz", get 100 Upvote and 10000 views, BOOM, in the game. P/S I was the one who inspired them Warring Kingdom Tryndamere, but it was not Guan Yu theme, it was a Zhang Liao Theme that got 100 likes and 2000 views, I have even got a mail that ask me to join the designing team but they reject me after hearing I'm in Unniversity, appearantly, I'm famous in the League of Legend forum"

So Like and Having a massive fan base alone does not get Typhus/Dragon/Random Concept etc into the games, it's all about what the DEV thinks, 

As for now, I don't even care anymore if anyone upvote this, or defend this, it's a soild concept and deserve to be praise, if it's is in Warframe, I will buy it, play it until rank 30 and maybe put it in the vault like all the other warframes I have, I only main Volt, if this is in the game, I would just use it as a tool for Mastery EXP.

You know what DE is up to:

GOddamn White Kubrow as Pet. that is what they up to next.

Next thing we know, the Next Warframe gonna be a dude who can control Kubrow.

For all of you that don't know, Kubrow are those Lamadogs.

Also did I mention DE main office in Canada is hiring Concept Artist? guess what I'm gonna do after 4 year of unniversity.

Edited by Letter13
Please don't solicit your own concepts or threads

You know what DE is up to:

GOddamn White Kubrow as Pet. that is what they up to next.

Dammit I am working on a pet concept... But doesn't matter, I'll put the thread up, once I've find a way to describe it properly.

(I know you're speculating,but I am serious)

Dammit I am working on a pet concept... But doesn't matter, I'll put the thread up, once I've find a way to describe it properly.

(I know you're speculating,but I am serious)

I am not speculating, go into the OROKIN labs, there is a mysterious White Kubrow on the lab. Either that is a White Kubrow pet or a White Kubrow boss, I don't even know, but since it's in the labs, there is 100% it's gonna be something that is craftable

• A large, white Kubrow can be seen in the Orokin Lab in the Clan Dojo. This is supposed to be a teaser for the player 'pet' version of the Kubrow, but its release date is not known.
Copy from the Wiki Edited by Kazkyu

Of course it is up to the devs.

What I mean is, some people treat the forums as a race and competition.

It is neither.

I actually wish for an Official warframe creation competition to really let us go nuts.

Of course it is up to the devs.

What I mean is, some people treat the forums as a race and competition.

It is neither.

I actually wish for an Official warframe creation competition to really let us go nuts.

This, but if this was a thing, Red could just post this on there and gain instant 1st place, that would not be fair for other Edited by Kazkyu

This, but if this was a thing, Red could just post this on there and gain instant 1st place, that would not be fair for other

It would be completely fair this frame deserves to be in game more then any other frame right now even more then the dragon frame.  And you are kind of flame baiting right now Kazkyu, its in very poor tastes to bash anothers concept and turn around and promote your own concept on said thread.

Edited by Senketsu_

Well I meant a completely fresh contest with new concepts.

It would be cool to see what comes from that.

I think a general "Go nuts and see what you can come up with" contest would be great right about now. Enemies, weapons, mission types/tile-sets, sentinels, Warframes, you name it. If you can concept it, you can enter it. Winner gets put into the game not based on popularity, but rather what the developers think.

Although, and don't hold me to this, I've heard rumblings that there might be a Primary weapon creation contest and a Secondary weapon creation contest coming up soon. I'd need a citation or a confirmation on that before I put any money on it, though...

I think a general "Go nuts and see what you can come up with" contest would be great right about now. Enemies, weapons, mission types/tile-sets, sentinels, Warframes, you name it. If you can concept it, you can enter it. Winner gets put into the game not based on popularity, but rather what the developers think.

Although, and don't hold me to this, I've heard rumblings that there might be a Primary weapon creation contest and a Secondary weapon creation contest coming up soon. I'd need a citation or a confirmation on that before I put any money on it, though...

That would be interesting

Please try to keep things clean everyone. RedSkittlez has asked me to intervene and ask you all to stop arguing with one another regarding whether Typhus should be added to the game. 

DE will do what they want to do, and arguing with one another won't increase or decrease the frame's chances of making it in the game.

Also, Red has asked me to advise folks not compare Typhus to other fan concepts, as it seems to cause all sorts of unnecessary and unwanted drama.

Please try to keep things clean everyone. RedSkittlez has asked me to intervene and ask you all to stop arguing with one another regarding whether Typhus should be added to the game. 

DE will do what they want to do, and arguing with one another won't increase or decrease the frame's chances of making it in the game.

Also, Red has asked me to advise folks not compare Typhus to other fan concepts, as it seems to cause all sorts of unnecessary and unwanted drama.

5100599+_aada6e6c6020b263c6cb8fe9394ac5e

One can hope, but look on the bright-side, I'm almost done with the concept of Typhus's rebirth his his new 4th ability. That should be done next week.

WOO!  \o/

And should I assume by "rebirth" you mean "Unicorn Form"?  x)

...or just that the concept art Red posted a few pages back has a horn on its head and looks like a "unicorn".

Naah, he will do a dragon themed samurai with a demon mask.

Or not.

All joking aside, I would love to see that actually.

As for Typhus final form, i love it as it is now.