holyicon

[Guide] How Not To Emblem: A Cautionary Tale.

Surprised no one has commented on how funny and informative this is.

Forgive me. i had only just seen this thanks to your comment. We are actually still working on our emblem this was great timing...

edit : Equally Very Funny and Informative.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama
  • Upvote 7

Sorry to hear that, that's a hard pill to swallow. I'm going to pin this topic for a while, because I think it's important.

On another note, nice emblem.

On another another note, IT HAS THE JAYJAY! -Lens Flares-

• Upvote 13

Nice topic. Wish I would have seen before slaving over our clan emblem and uploading --> ultra-neon! 

Cost is a bit high to change it, imho

• Upvote 5

Nice topic. Wish I would have seen before slaving over our clan emblem and uploading --> ultra-neon! 

Cost is a bit high to change it, imho

Agreed. I have no problem IN THEORY with the idea of paying plat to upload an emblem, but when the preview is so inaccurate, that's a big problem.  Especially with upload prices at 150!

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 16

Thank you for the advice, I am now designing my clan emblem and I have already lowered all the "glows" so it will not be a flashlight. I am very sorry for yours, I hope your next upload goes better!!!

• Upvote 1

This is closest to a full guide that I have found. Perhaps DE could give some assistance. By, perhaps telling or showing us how they make the event emblems. 

• Upvote 6

This is closest to a full guide that I have found. Perhaps DE could give some assistance. By, perhaps telling or showing us how they make the event emblems. 

I'd actually settle just for getting a viewable file copy of those emblems. I could look at them in an editor and figure out exactly how the alpha/rgb outputs.

• Upvote 4

Agreed. I have no problem IN THEORY with the idea of paying plat to upload an emblem, but when the preview is so inaccurate, that's a big problem.  Especially with upload prices at 150!

i totally agree

• Upvote 4

Fantastic guide!

Sorry for your plat loss (I honestly feel that it should be a one-time only fee, with no resubmittal fee, just extra review and a "darned good reason!").

Thank you so much for updating this guide with your final submission. Looks awesome! Congrats!

• Upvote 7

Oh, if I had only read this a week ago...  Partial transparency inside the emblem just cost me another 150 plat...  Ugghh, DE, why.  :s

• Upvote 2

Just a heads up: Even when using colours that are less than RGB (200,200,200), emblems still flares in OD missions.

Indeed. Derelict bloom is overzealous to say the least. Even event and founder emblems wash out. ><;;

Thanks for the co-witness. ^^

I sent you a pm Holyicon and nice change.

I uploaded the files to our PM convo the other day but you may have closed it. Let me know if I should repost the files here.

Though for the time being I was eagerly awaiting the Wednesday update and my shiny new emblem being on my trinity's arm.

Emphasis on the "shiny":

how_not_to_emblem_dojo.png

I almost died laughing 10/10

Edited by DarkBabylon
  • Upvote 3

interesthing thread, excellent guide too, btw, what about partial transparency on black stuff on the emblem?, anyone knows if that would that make the emblem uber-shiny too?

also, definetly agree on the in-game preview thing, it's an excellent idea.

Edited by phazefox
  • Upvote 1