Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Have Lost?

Llyssa

Something I'm curious about: In older events, we could lose. If we didn't get X done in Y time, we'd lose! We dominated, but they had plans for "what if they DO lose?"

The most recent ones... there was no obvious losing scenario. The goal was a personal thing that was easy to get.

So, can we "lose" events now, or are we safe from that?

i would say if there is a deadline to complete the task then it is possible to lose.

for this particular event i don't think there was a way to lose. BUT that does not mean that what we just did may not have a further reaching consequence in events to come.

I beg to differ on the "they had plan for if tenno lost". As I understand it, they never had any, or just rough ideas. Why would they after all? A tenno failure means a Dev failure to make an enjoyable, winnable event.

As illustrated by the infamous Informer event, one of the worst yet. We almost lost that one and I bet DE was sweating at some point. I think I remember an event where DE was suspected to cheat to make us win.

They really don't want to deal with a failure, so now we can't fail, even though awful, grindy events like the Informer seems behind us.

I beg to differ on the "they had plan for if tenno lost". As I understand it, they never had any, or just rough ideas. Why would they after all? A tenno failure means a Dev failure to make an enjoyable, winnable event.

As illustrated by the infamous Informer event, one of the worst yet. We almost lost that one and I bet DE was sweating at some point. I think I remember an event where DE was suspected to cheat to make us win.

They really don't want to deal with a failure, so now we can't fail, even though awful, grindy events like the Informer seems behind us.

I feel I should remind you that they initially designed the Slingstone event to be failed.

I forget get which event it was, maybe the formorian one that we had a big chance to lose and if we lost the result would have been lower drop rates of resources on the affected planets, I remember them in an old live stream saying they had the script written to do it but we won the event much to their surprise

tldr, yes some event can be lost, not the tethra one though.

They havent given any warnings of us being able to lose this event so we did probaly not lose. There will be quite alot of pissed people if we lost the event because of lack of information from DE. That said though i would like to see the return of lose-able events as it make the game more fun.

As long as there are rewards to be won by beating an event, I see no chances of any event ever failing.

achieving X points to get your reward wouldn't vaporize if the Event as a whole fails. so you'd still get your shiny diamonds most likely. just the game would drastically change (hopefully).