Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Nope I am sticking to the trolling theory... There are just too many smart people at DE to do something like this... The 7 day countdown is not for the update I am assuming it is for the badlands...To make a countdown BEFORE the countdown especially regarding something the community has waited so long for does not make sense.. you would have to know that it is a bad idea. I look forward to an awesome update today... 3 alerts are not going to tide us over SOMEONE over there knows that I am sure. Whoever ignores that person shouldn't make any more decisions over there....

This sounds logical.  Unfortunately, I don't believe this is the case.  I would be fine with this, but DE needs to get in here and post things that tell us!  That tell us how stuff is gonna work!! Not leaving us in the dark until the last moment.

Okay, time to break this down. There are a few different scenarios that may be unfolding with U13.

A. April Fools

Keep in mind that April 1st was literally yesterday. While the Grate Prime was funny, THIS could actually be their true April Fools moment.

Frankly, the best April Fools moments are ones that aren't on April 1st, because everyone's anticipating it. April 2nd, however....people have their guard down.

B. Postponed Until Next Week.

if it is indeed pushed back next week, then, though disappointed, I'll be fine with it. Look at everything that was promised. So many new systems... Yeah it sucks if this is the case, and people raging about it saying they'll quit/won't support it/and so on will calm down and happily play Warframe next week anyway.

C. The Countdown is ONLY meant for the Final Panel.

This is what I'm guessing (if it's not April Fools). Note that the countdown is directly inside that last screen. Also note that the screen in question is showcasing a pretty drastic change in the Warframe universe. That's alot of work, alot of changes, alot of hours spent...And that ON TOP OF the work geared towards Melee 2.0, which was also a gigantic undertaking.

Edited by SoulEchelon

not sure if i can read grineer but at the propaganda site the countdown shows number "7" in grineer, so maybe U13 coming next week

units of time are important too. it could be hours minutes days weeks months years . let me know when you figure out which unit of time is being counted down on

Nope I am sticking to the trolling theory... There are just too many smart people at DE to do something like this... The 7 day countdown is not for the update I am assuming it is for the badlands...To make a countdown BEFORE the countdown especially regarding something the community has waited so long for does not make sense.. you would have to know that it is a bad idea. I look forward to an awesome update today... 3 alerts are not going to tide us over SOMEONE over there knows that I am sure. Whoever ignores that person shouldn't make any more decisions over there....

^this! totally agree, ill be looking forward to it aswell my fellow Tenno!

Maybe today is a major event that ushers in U13 for next week. 

Just trying to stay positive. But I too completely disagree with a Countdown that counts down to a count down. Even typing that makes me mad.

Edited by RawGritz

Nice, DE! Instead of talking to us keep on deleting your threads. My opinion is just falling and falling now. I feel bad for spending my entire bandwagon'ing for the game while they give us false hype and refuse to talk to us. I feel bad for chanting DE's name all around, should've known when veterans told me not to trust DE since they often don't deliver when they're supposed to.

Did DE originally intend a last minute second timer? No.
Do we want to trust Dev that they need just 1 week more time? Yes.
For those of you we've let down, see you next Wednesday and please play the apology alerts if they appeal to you - otherwise, see you Friday for a playthrough on the stream.

For those of you we've let down, see you next Wednesday and please play the apology alerts if they appeal to you - otherwise, see you Friday for a playthrough on the stream.

An actual announcement explicitly stating that the update was getting delayed would have been a lot better than a timer.  you just let people rage for a bit over an hour without directly addressing the problem.

And to top it off, your only statement on the issue is a post that will get buried in a couple minutes.

This whole thing has just been handled poorly all around.

Edited by Aggh

Okay, time to break this down. There are a few different scenarios that may be unfolding with U13.

A. April Fools

Keep in mind that April 1st was literally yesterday. While the Grate Prime was funny, THIS could actually be their true April Fools moment.

Frankly, the best April Fools moments are ones that aren't on April 1st, because everyone's anticipating it. April 2nd, however....people have their guard down.

In Australia their already on 3rd of April -.-

It's very very bad taste if it is in fact aprils fool prank.

:l

P.S: The apology alert doesnt work

Edited by Alberto1398

Do we even get an update this week? No bugfixes, no nothing? Because as it sounds U13 was due today.

Thanks for telling us.

Well, these clarifies it..

Thank you for the clarification..

I appreciate it..

but no where in the reveals did it say at the end of this is release. Teasers come out before a movie is finished filming usually same here. Instant gratification is over rated anyway lol

Alrighty then, I'll play along.

In that case; what was the week long wait for in the end? Are you going to say "For the Catalyst, Reactor and Forma event"?

What makes a small event like that so special it needed it's own website (and may I remind you; the teases on the website had nothing to do with this tiny event, so this is just me playing along here)?

The fact of the matter is; this entire teaser was made for Update 13, but lead to a countdown, after the last countdown.

You're just siding my point that I made earlier; why make an elaborate teaser just for another week of waiting?

You guys can say that I'm sounding 'entitled' all you want. But do know it's not the wait that irritates me personally; it's the simple fact that DE messed up with their teasing plans. Seriously think about it for a second; what was the point of having a screen be revealed each day, each displaying something about the update?

What was the point of deliberately having the last screen show up on an update day?

Put one and one together here for a second: Every screen related to Update 13 + Leading up to Wednesday, an update day.

Any rational person, hyped or not, would assume by common sense that the update would be today by following simple clues. We weren't assuming anything ourselves; DE was feeding us these asumptions themselves.

Sure; they never flat out said "Yes, it'll be releasing on Wednesday"... But they never said "No it will not be releasing on Wednesday" either. And there was a huge, flashing arrow pointing towards the former.

I'm sorry; but I won't let people bash on those who were following along with DE's teases like it was designed to.

Edited by Triburos