The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Wow. Man, I am sorry, but you sound like a spoiled brat. This is a game. This is the part of your life that you do when you aren't doing actually important things. It is entertainment, and DE works f*cking ridiculous hours trying to get stuff out on time so that we can be entertained during our down-time. You are &!$$ed off that they will work upwards of 16 hour days for the next 5-7 days so that you can sate your need to sit in front of your computer screen and mash buttons and provide no value to anyone else? You do not own them. They owe you nothing. I am not overjoyed that we have to wait another week, but you have absolutely no right to reprimand them for choosing not to release unfinished content. I criticised how vague and unclear the announcement of the delay was, but apart from that they are well within their right to hold the update for as long as necessary. Would you sooner they released it in a rush and broke the game so you can't play at all? Grow up and get a life so that things like this don't set you off into a rage.

+1 I couldn't agree more

Time is not the reason of the rage of this comunity, the hype that DE make on us is the problem....
if it was to be delayed , why build so much hype? could you just display a red rext in the grineer systems
saying that the trasminsions was been cryptographed to stop us to see the grineer advance.
it would be more acceptable than another timer....

DE set an expectation of weekly updates, but we need to be willing to wait for big game changing updates. If you are familiar with coding and adding content to games, then you would recognize that hicups in the patches happen, and when the Developer is pumping out new stuff every week, hicups are bound to happen.

The only thing DE needs to do is communicate with the community. I know that Wednesday updates are supposed to be a surprise but when there is a delay, it's the producers job to give people a new goal date, and to not miss the new goal. I'm totally willing to look past this, so long as the update works when it is ready. Either way, it'd take a lot more then missing their original goal deadline to make me unsatisfied, look at all the awesome stuff DE has done this year alone. They are doin really well overall, give them a break. "They're work'n on it."

I could imagine that there will be many many hotfixes to come

The hype and buildup comes from within. Even the creators themselves could not change the hearts and minds of our fellow Tenno, as their minds had already been made up. They believed in something that was never really there, in the hopes that it would arrive within a time that no one ever stated.

These are the auspices of self-delusion.

So Genjutsu?

They already gave us something hell 3 something's the gift from the lotus alerts.

That being said there could still be an update today.

Yeah. Patience. There's still 10.5 hours left in the day. =)

I'm going through the weeks of my life just for these updates now, there is nothing else to gain for me.
I did say that there is no U13 on this week, because developers haven't said anything about this. Just more info or pre-update event, and great Devstream soon with all this.
But in the last few days people made me believe that U13 can really come this fast. I feel dissapointment, but in the same time - nothing were promised.
I'm okay with that. Alerts untill next wednesday... okay. Just bought 1k extra platinum this morning (up to 3500+ overall), i don't need these things.
But a lot of players will be happy.

Maybe there is something cool in this update today, maybe we are going to win F2P Showdown semifinal... would be nice.
See you next week, good luck.

Give us something new today. I don't care what is it. I don't care if it is only one new thing.

I'm thirsty for new content since you start the hype. And now this is a huge disappointment. 

I will stay civil but DE please don't miss this chance to redeem yourself.

This is what they wanted. People to get excited for U13. But remember that you got new content last week. Patience...

Also, since I enjoy saying it so much, Its DE's game, they can do whatever they d@mn well please.

So, you are pretty much saying DE should just stop saying anything they are doing.

Here we go. Next time they will not say anything and people will be left on the dark until things hit unexpectedly.

People demanded more dev communication, now they complain is not accurate. 

What were you expecting? They did not have it completed, else they would have released it before. Things rarely go as planned. Delays are almost inevitable.

Yeah if they put out only the Kubrows this week I think everything would be ok...

Everyone loves dogs.  XD

they are big cats

Grineers are dogz

i believe some ppl hate dex akfuris now

Edited by Tsoe

I think the OP was well thought out and well written without getting into a rage mode as I'm sure many posts will be popping up because of what has happened. I think, at least in my opinion, what has everyone raging about is not so much that U13 is not coming out today, thought that is very disappointing, but the way it's cancellation was handled and the very cold and very un-DERebecca like response to the community about this cancellation. I'm still a bit confused as to what is actually going to happen today but if they also do not do any update at all today there is going to be one heck of an explosion. IMHO if you really want to show your displeasure for the way things were handled don't watch the Livestream on Friday.

Wow. Man, I am sorry, but you sound like a spoiled brat. This is a game. This is the part of your life that you do when you aren't doing actually important things. It is entertainment, and DE works f*cking ridiculous hours trying to get stuff out on time so that we can be entertained during our down-time. You are &!$$ed off that they will work upwards of 16 hour days for the next 5-7 days so that you can sate your need to sit in front of your computer screen and mash buttons and provide no value to anyone else? You do not own them. They owe you nothing. I am not overjoyed that we have to wait another week, but you have absolutely no right to reprimand them for choosing not to release unfinished content. I criticised how vague and unclear the announcement of the delay was, but apart from that they are well within their right to hold the update for as long as necessary. Would you sooner they released it in a rush and broke the game so you can't play at all? Grow up and get a life so that things like this don't set you off into a rage.

If you always go by that logic everyone would be like Meh its just a game I dont want to spend money on it. Then there would be no DE, NO WARFRAME. So no its not just a game its a masterpiece that they must handle with care and not let it get damaged. (A la Update stunt).

Edited by ReptileZA

Bad move overall DE...the countdown, the cold and lacking explanation, the lock down of megathread in attempt to silence the community...then just deleting all the thread concerning about it...

Im starting to lose my faith really...I really love this game and the developers, but im gonna need some time to recover from this...

Just going to say this now. THe mega thread is locked for clean-up. Not permanently. Threads are being deleted because they are being spammed. It's more of a to regain control over the forums than anything at this point.

People are just having a massive hissy fit because U13 isn't today. 

Well according to Rebecca something went horrible wrong last minute so they had to draw back the release so it was originally intended for today but I guess something went wrong nothing we can do about it. Also just keep in mind I am not mad but I am a little disappointed I understand that things go wrong but you could have handled holding of the release a bit better like posting a post that explains that something went wrong and explain to the players why you have to hold off instead of just doing a count down timer.

then delay the release by a few days. just because something went wrong doesnt mean you can just wait around to fix it and release it a week later like nothing went wrong. They could split the update up send whats working through and fix whats not. no point in angering millions of people. 

And people are always "take a step back" "better late then broken"  and 5 months of "hype" and a solid release date get thrown under the bus invalidates that mentality. ON TOP of the fact they wont split the update.