Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

I don't think you guys understand...

The DE promised there fans a update before the day was over in canada which is in 3 hours, if they don't do this it will hurt the game drastically and destroy most of the trust that the community has for the DE. This is not a little deal this is a huge deal! They can't blow this or they will lose fans and loose money.

They lost fans when they delayed it last week and lost money to! Doing it again but outright lieing to the community would be just outright horrible and scar this game for life!

Edited by Feallike

You can't speak for me anymore than I pretend to speak for you. I feel all they had to do was get ahead of the delay and call it

"It's 8 PM and we don't have any realistic idea when we'll be able to push out the update because of x, y, z but we do know we won't make our own deadline. We're sorry for the delay."

That was all it would have taken.

This is what I'm thinking - We've gotten no word on twitter, nor the forums, on what's happening, we're just sitting here. I'm frustrated because this is the second time this has happened - but I'm more upset because I haven't heard a single thing from anyone in three hours.

Usually I don't bash on the Devs, but this is just unacceptable by any means. Missing their first deadline on April 2nd was understandable, people make mistakes. But this deliberate delay of release that was suppose to happen yesterday is not only disappointing, but frustrating. I have no right to comment in regard to Devs' professionalism, but I just don't see how anyone can live with last minute resort (April 2nd BS countdown/ Last minute compensation Build Prepare Endure), and now missing a second deadline. The Devs can get away with April 2nd, but this is really getting out of hand. 

If we continue to allow this sort of behavior to continue. We can soon expect this sort of behavior in every up-coming update. Sure, this is nowhere close to Vindictus/Nexon behavior, but enthusiasm dies in both directions, both Devs and Playerbase. 

And a month later we'll be saying the same thing - it'll be "on time". It'll be "soon". If it's taking this long then they aren't polishing. I'm not flaming DE, but the whole idea last week, from the devs mouths, was that the devs needed "just one more week". Like I said when it was delayed, DE: stop setting deadlines for Melee 2.0. Because that's probably the problem. It was the least featured part of the highlight video as well.

No of

No offense but isn't C# a horrible language to learn, I mean I know mr delphi wrote it, I have coded in it but it's just a front end for .net, you could learn to code in C++ or Java or even visual basic and have skills that will work outside of .net

yes. yes C# is horrible

but i had to start somewhere(i'm lucky they didnt make us do binary!)

i have done some coding in C++ and we've read about Java. but Java is next semester and for C++ we are still working on that now (my respect to whoever had to code this stuff originally without guide books!)

this semester is mostly network security, packet sniffing(its not what it sounds likes), and SAP(buisness end)

This is what I'm thinking - We've gotten no word on twitter, nor the forums, on what's happening, we're just sitting here. I'm frustrated because this is the second time this has happened - but I'm more upset because I haven't heard a single thing from anyone in three hours.

Redtext chimed in on region chat and said their aiming for 12 pm pacific time.

While there does need to be a bit of calming of the jimmies here, I do have to partially agree with some others here.  If the patch was still being worked on yesterday, they should of said flat out it wasn't ready.  The issue isn't so much 'we don't have patience' it's the fact that they hype us up with comments and vids and the likes (Which is normally awesome), then don't tell us it's a no go until the absolute last second, which means a whole lot of people wasted a whole lot of time, and that does make people cranky.

Like in the U.S. For another 2.5 hours.

It's 9:36 PM PST. That said in the Dev-stream they may release at 11:59pm PST if it came to that.

No one is lying, chill out :9~ <3

It won't. And they obviously weren't just polishing stuff like they said in the highlights. But, that doesn't matter. I expected this last week. Given their constant delays over the course of these past months, I wasn't expected them to need only one more week.

I was never really hyped about this update myself, though I am waiting patiently for it.

Even if they miss the PDT deadline (in about 2 1/2 hours), I am willing to give a 6-hour grace period for the update to pop. Not sure about others, but at the very least there are some with faith in the patch coming on time.

Let's just hope they get their proper sleep once it pops, regardless of glitches for at least 10 hours post-patch. They deserve sleep at least.

I wonder if were just waiting for the update to compile, then maybe they could get some drinks and nutrition to survive the car ride home safely...

You aren't the only one, many people moved their busy lives/schedules around to be able to play just an hour or two of the new update. I can't afford to stay up till 3am waiting for it to be delayed again, and I won't have time to play for at least a couple of days. Very frustrating. Making deadlines public hasn't helped DE's case. Especially with a week long delay followed by another missed deadline, you can only expect some kind of outcry from the public. Not to sound like every other child out there, but: People get hyped for release -> Delayed a week -> Huge amount of hype/tension grows waiting for the day to come -> Patch day is here, people wait all day -> Find out AFTER deadline is missed again that they have delayed the patch again -> Anger ensues. Like I said, I have real life engagements to attend to, and alas, no matter if the delay is 3 hours or 3 days, I won't get to see it for some time.

Gn.