The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

No of

FK that.

i'm a CIS major (Computer Information Systems)

theres a reason we dont take any english classes, and thats cause we spend them coding in C#

plus....an english teacher would have a heart attack if they saw the "essays" CIS students submit (aka website coding)

your lucky i'm speaking english here xD

btw, to get an example of what coding looks like. right click this page, click view page source. (its not as scary as it looks, its actually pretty easy....and very long.  think of a book, with all unnecessary words cut out. and words scaled down as much as possible.

like bold is b

signature is sig

and so on

No offense but isn't C# a horrible language to learn, I mean I know mr delphi wrote it, I have coded in it but it's just a front end for .net, you could learn to code in C++ or Java or even visual basic and have skills that will work outside of .net

Please don't kill yourself DE, take another week if you have to.

Don't burn out because we heard what features where confirmed for U36 in the last stream and we want you all to survive until then.

This was there own fault. They could push out the update and hotfix tomorrow. they choose not to. Dont take another week. 

You get out of here with ideas like that.

Poor Devs...They are at work since probably 9:00 AM. I feel bad...the community is pushing them to the limit.

Its there own fault. See above.

It's Wednesday somewhere in the world I suppose.

Like in the U.S. For another 2.5 hours.

It's 9:36 PM PST. That said in the Dev-stream they may release at 11:59pm PST if it came to that.

No one is lying, chill out :9~ <3

Edited by Landreu

If they do that they will lose sooo many fans!!! They directly promised a update before the day was over in canada! If they don't do that then they will scar this game for life!!!!! 

This is a big deal and treating it like its not is a very bad idea. I know for a fact that the DE know this and are probably scared right now. 

k

I don't think you guys understand...

The DE promised there fans a update before the day was over in canada which is in 3 hours, if they don't do this it will hurt the game drastically and destroy most of the trust that the community has for the DE. This is not a little deal this is a huge deal! They can't blow this or they will lose fans and loose money.

They lost fans when they delayed it last week and lost money to! Doing it again but outright lieing to the community would be just outright horrible and scar this game for life!

Edited by Feallike

You can't speak for me anymore than I pretend to speak for you. I feel all they had to do was get ahead of the delay and call it

"It's 8 PM and we don't have any realistic idea when we'll be able to push out the update because of x, y, z but we do know we won't make our own deadline. We're sorry for the delay."

That was all it would have taken.

This is what I'm thinking - We've gotten no word on twitter, nor the forums, on what's happening, we're just sitting here. I'm frustrated because this is the second time this has happened - but I'm more upset because I haven't heard a single thing from anyone in three hours.

Usually I don't bash on the Devs, but this is just unacceptable by any means. Missing their first deadline on April 2nd was understandable, people make mistakes. But this deliberate delay of release that was suppose to happen yesterday is not only disappointing, but frustrating. I have no right to comment in regard to Devs' professionalism, but I just don't see how anyone can live with last minute resort (April 2nd BS countdown/ Last minute compensation Build Prepare Endure), and now missing a second deadline. The Devs can get away with April 2nd, but this is really getting out of hand. 

If we continue to allow this sort of behavior to continue. We can soon expect this sort of behavior in every up-coming update. Sure, this is nowhere close to Vindictus/Nexon behavior, but enthusiasm dies in both directions, both Devs and Playerbase. 

And a month later we'll be saying the same thing - it'll be "on time". It'll be "soon". If it's taking this long then they aren't polishing. I'm not flaming DE, but the whole idea last week, from the devs mouths, was that the devs needed "just one more week". Like I said when it was delayed, DE: stop setting deadlines for Melee 2.0. Because that's probably the problem. It was the least featured part of the highlight video as well.

No of

No offense but isn't C# a horrible language to learn, I mean I know mr delphi wrote it, I have coded in it but it's just a front end for .net, you could learn to code in C++ or Java or even visual basic and have skills that will work outside of .net

yes. yes C# is horrible

but i had to start somewhere(i'm lucky they didnt make us do binary!)

i have done some coding in C++ and we've read about Java. but Java is next semester and for C++ we are still working on that now (my respect to whoever had to code this stuff originally without guide books!)

this semester is mostly network security, packet sniffing(its not what it sounds likes), and SAP(buisness end)

This is what I'm thinking - We've gotten no word on twitter, nor the forums, on what's happening, we're just sitting here. I'm frustrated because this is the second time this has happened - but I'm more upset because I haven't heard a single thing from anyone in three hours.

Redtext chimed in on region chat and said their aiming for 12 pm pacific time.

While there does need to be a bit of calming of the jimmies here, I do have to partially agree with some others here.  If the patch was still being worked on yesterday, they should of said flat out it wasn't ready.  The issue isn't so much 'we don't have patience' it's the fact that they hype us up with comments and vids and the likes (Which is normally awesome), then don't tell us it's a no go until the absolute last second, which means a whole lot of people wasted a whole lot of time, and that does make people cranky.

Like in the U.S. For another 2.5 hours.

It's 9:36 PM PST. That said in the Dev-stream they may release at 11:59pm PST if it came to that.

No one is lying, chill out :9~ <3

It won't. And they obviously weren't just polishing stuff like they said in the highlights. But, that doesn't matter. I expected this last week. Given their constant delays over the course of these past months, I wasn't expected them to need only one more week.