Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

To be fair all we had to go off of was what was shown in the Devstream, which really wasn't all that impressive.

This however looks great.

We were told its a work in progress. Shouldn't have judged it while it was still being worked on.

To be fair all we had to go off of was what was shown in the Devstream, which really wasn't all that impressive.

Yeah, all give you that, but people were using that unfinished (by their own admission too) content as a way to attack the frame as "lackluster" - I'm just reaffirming what I said in response to it WAAAY back: that it was unfinished and that it'll be impressive when it's done.

though we don't know how it will work exactly yet there was a cool suggestion to make the tentacles spawn from hydroid himself.

though we don't know how it will work exactly yet there was a cool suggestion to make the tentacles spawn from hydroid himself.

That was actually one of my suggestions, though someone else probably suggested it before me.

Edited by Sasquatch180

After having seen the highlight vid...

I take every jibe regarding the way Hydroid looks back.  He looks good in the highlight footage.

He barely even looks the same as he did last week, to me, from the waist down.

His legs/hips actually fit his body now.

Maybe it was the devstream camera or the camera in the game or both, but he looked all kinds of wrong in the devstream.

That'll teach me not to give DE the benefit of the doubt.

Nice work DE!

Who cares? It's the same as Vortex and occasionally Molecular Prime? To be honest though, i think that will not a a common utilized ability, atleast not specifically for taking out enemies, maybe for the stealth. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It DOES seem like a strange combination... Of course, this just means you shouldn't use the puddle to kill in survival - weaken them with it, but DON'T kill them (it'll take a little practice to gauge this, but I'm sure we'll get used to it in time).

Fyi bodies dissolved by nova or sucked up by vauban are still there and can be desecrated(I know since I have done it and seen it)

THIS

spammy ults and abilities have never stopped desc'ing before. I dont see how the puddle will effect this at all (unless the bodies despawn so low that its out of range)

Your not playing Nekros correctly if you use desecrate only... SHINIGAMI NEKROS STYLE REQUIRES BLITZ STRIKE OF UNHOLY DOOM!!! That... IS WHY I AM THE SUPERIOR NEKROS!!! THE SHINIGAMI NEKROS!!!

All you need to do is focus on Soul punch, and shadows of the dead, and then charge in destroying everyone, saving lives, and doing it the LOTUS VANGUARD WAY!!! Charge to the front, and lead the line!

He's sitting on his cryopod, crying, eating icecream, getting fat.

...I second this motion.

As for the whole Channeled attacks matter, I think there will be workarounds to this or whatnot.  I think DE just simply needs to make souls summoned via his ultimate ability an internal value (which I believe it already is) and make the scavenging ability proc on death rather than on a corpse.  Like what if Nekros tags a target then on death the loot comes out, or perhaps it becomes a stacking and rolling buff that feeds off of tagged targets?