Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legendary Core Flood Wasnt Dealt With?

Ketec

The flood caused by the announcement before the compensation where players bought/ upgraded loads of steel charges to get 2 for each.

It caused flood of maxed rank 10 mods - and even now, when i ask some people/talk, they are like " oh i have 8 more".

No account should have had more then 2 of those.

The flood caused by the announcement before the compensation where players bought/ upgraded loads of steel charges to get 2 for each.

It caused flood of maxed rank 10 mods - and even now, when i ask some people/talk, they are like " oh i have 8 more".

No account should have had more then 2 of those.

Thread that hates on the people who took the time to max out a bunch of Steal charges.... how sad.... Lock this thread please.

You got 2 Legendaries for every Steal charge you had over level 6. The people who did that deserve all the steals they got, and you shouldn't be so jealous of the people who worked. -.-

Edited by Feallike

except it made trading largely pointless, no1 really blows plat on buying hihg ranked serrations/etc coz theres tons out there due to the legendary cores.

im not even that bothred by it, im just annoyed theres no market/auctionhouse i can slap lots of smaller sales into, its a massive pain in the backside sitting in an irc channel trying to trade manually, so much of a time waste that i just dont even bother, id rather play the game than waste my time hoping for a rare trade, and so far all of my trades i did bother with have been for pitance.

but back to legendary cores, well yeah it sno big deal if ppl got loads, the only bad point was the fiasco in which they announced up front what they would do, allowing ppl to scramble to try and take advantage instead of just announcing it afterwards and giving ppl what they were due instead of abusing the system to get the most they could.

Rank 6 was enough.

yeah, I'll be honest, I bought an extra steel charge after the announcement, and ranked it to 6. also ranked my previously maxed one to rank 6. so I'm still sitting on 4 cores. I didn't want to take the chance that DE would limit us to only 2 and buy as many as I could. but I did want to exploit the compensation system a bit

I do think it should've been limited to 2 per account. or at max maybe 6 or so. because realistically, who in their right mind would've maxed out more than 2? apart from people who bought&sold them in bulk. the same people who buy&resell primed chamber and make hundreds of plat for no real reason.

but it's a little late to change it now

I had a bunch of Steel Charges just laying around, I ended up ranking them to level 6 to get more Legendary Cores.

I had around 8 or 10. I used them all for all the Rare Rank 10 mods I had that I didn't have the patience to level up.

Did I sell any of those Rank 10 mods? Nope. I need them.

Well, ether limit them to only current mods ( to avoid the instant market price crash for any new rank 10 mods) or add a cooldown - can use one every 168h or something like that.

Why? Who cares?
Edited by EChondo

The really stupid thing is that people wasted them on serrations.  Max rank serration should have been virtually unaffected since it's so much easier to attain compared to rare mods like blind rage/heavy caliber/narrow minded.

Why? Who cares?

does it surprise you that many people are mad that some poeple could exploit a reward which ultimately had a negative effect on the market?

I had a bunch of Steel Charges just laying around, I ended up ranking them to level 6 to get more Legendary Cores.

obviously you arent mad because you are exactly one of the exploiters the OP is referring too, just because you didnt sell your max mods/legendary cores does not mean that many other people didnt

does it surprise you that many people are mad that some poeple could exploit a reward which ultimately had a negative effect on the market?

obviously you arent mad because you are exactly one of the exploiters the OP is referring too, just because you didnt sell your max mods/legendary cores does not mean that many other people didnt

And in the end who cares? So what if the market is saturated with extra maxed Rank 10 mods? Is it affecting you or anyone else?

There are a lot fewer of these legendary cores out there than it seems some would like to think.  A "flood" is an overstatement to say the least.

The impact on the market is almost non-existent, seen by oh there are still people sitting on them, meaning they aren't using them.

Yeah it was probably a bad move to announce it, but not a big deal really a few people took advantage, more of us tried to take advantage and didn't really gain extra benefit.

The price of max ranked serration/hornetstrike/vitality/redirection has been steadily coming down since the start of trading and it will level off at a price that is really very low compared to where it started, just based on how high it was when it started.

There will always be buyers for them, but the number of buyers needed to stabalize. 

Purely coincidental that you are seeing the price dropping on max rank 10 mods and the legendary cores.

There are a lot fewer of these legendary cores out there than it seems some would like to think.  A "flood" is an overstatement to say the least.

The impact on the market is almost non-existent, seen by oh there are still people sitting on them, meaning they aren't using them.

Yeah it was probably a bad move to announce it, but not a big deal really a few people took advantage, more of us tried to take advantage and didn't really gain extra benefit.

The price of max ranked serration/hornetstrike/vitality/redirection has been steadily coming down since the start of trading and it will level off at a price that is really very low compared to where it started, just based on how high it was when it started.

There will always be buyers for them, but the number of buyers needed to stabalize. 

Purely coincidental that you are seeing the price dropping on max rank 10 mods and the legendary cores.

I wont say it is no effect, but in the long run, its effects are negligible. The fact is rare 10s price are dropping before leg cores were implemented.  

And in the end who cares? So what if the market is saturated with extra maxed Rank 10 mods? Is it affecting you or anyone else?

personally i dont care.

but yes, it actually does affect other people, speficially anyone who wants to trade a max rank mod and get the proper value.

I wont say it is no effect, but in the long run, its effects are negligible. The fact is rare 10s price are dropping before leg cores were implemented.

This is true. The market was always a buyers market, and it will only become more so as more sellers enter it. There are always going to be more players selling than there are buying platinum. No matter what you have to sell, there are hundreds of other players selling the same thing to a very small group of customers. Even the things marked "RARE" are actually very common.

So, as has been said before, any effect on the market by Legendary Cores was minimal at best, and the market certainly wasn't damaged because the prices are low. The market is just reacting to supply and demand in the same way it was before Legendary Cores were a thing.

Edited by MisterUltimate