Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Prime Time #25: Tonight At 7Pm Edt!

[DE]Megan

VsmpGOr.jpg We’ve got a jam-packed Prime Time tonight with your hosts DERebecca and DEMegan! Join us for a walkthrough of Update 13 as we take it step by step! Will they locate Vay Hek and take him down? Tune in to find out!

PLUS, see some awesome new Fan Art, have a chance at Platinum prizes, and see the Voice in The Void Contest winner!

See you here tonight, April 10 at 7PM EDT. Check your time zones here.

Will there be a new hotfix before you play? Cause the amount of game breaking bugs will end up making it unenjoyable...

Like life support freezing you, not being able to block, etc.

We can at least look forward to seeing melee 2.0, cause you will have stances to use, how about we see you guys farm for it so you can feel a bit of what the community is feeling with the drop chances?

Also can you fit in the stream the whole farming for a key, and then going against Hek, sure it fits in an hour stream, along with fan art etc, just to cover the basics, ya know?

Edited by Hybridon

DE hook us up in this Grate Prime Time about the mobs with the Stances please :) I was tweaking so hard trying to get all the beacons and whatnot done when the patch came out super early this morning, and thought maybe they would drop from Ceres T_T the pain....

-snip-

Im sure they have seen the bugs and are working their hardest to fix them. The reason these bugs exist is simply due to the fact that the devs dont know whats gona happen until the update is live and being played by hundreds of thousands if not millions of people at once. Think of it as the ultimate stress test. Thats why you commonly see hotfixes shortly after major updates.

I wanna see them use the glaive on the stream, I can't seem to figure out how to throw it with it equipped. If I have a different weapon equipped I can hold e to throw it but when I have it equipped it just slashes no matter what I do.

Will there be a new hotfix before you play? Cause the amount of game breaking bugs will end up making it unenjoyable...

Like life support freezing you, not being able to block, etc.

We can at least look forward to seeing melee 2.0, cause you will have stances to use, how about we see you guys farm for it so you can feel a bit of what the community is feeling with the drop chances?

Also can you fit in the stream the whole farming for a key, and then going against Hek, sure it fits in an hour stream, along with fan art etc, just to cover the basics, ya know?

So basically you're being a crybaby because you didn't get all the stances and the key for Hek mere hours after the update... Instant gratification it is!

We are doomed. R.I.P players who used to know what "grind" and "farm" really mean... "Omagad after 20 missions I didn't get my stance! *Insert insults here.*"

U13 was just released, DE had to delay it because they have problems with it, and you expect it to perfectly work from the start, and get ALL the new content right away?

Oh and by the way, you do know that Rebecca and Megan are NOT devs, right?^^'

So basically you're being a crybaby because you didn't get all the stances and the key for Hek mere hours after the update... Instant gratification it is!

We are doomed. R.I.P players who used to know what "grind" and "farm" really mean... "Omagad after 20 missions I didn't get my stance! *Insert insults here.*"

U13 was just released, DE had to delay it because they have problems with it, and you expect it to perfectly work from the start, and get ALL the new content right away?

Yes, because doing 8 missions and not even having 3 beacons(I have 2 in fact) of the...20? I sure hope that once I complete it I can keep killing him instead of having to re-farm...

And stances are possibly quite important if you are already far into the game, so why not expect to at least get ONE stance mod per 20 missions? There are a ton of them anyway!

Thanks for enlightening me on such a profound manner.

I have no problem with grinding, if I did I wouldnt have over 1000 (fixed this info) of hours ingame. My problem is you add a feature that changes completely gameplay, that is melee 2.0, you advertise over it for months, you tease your game as a ninja game... and then when you finally make it that melee is enjoyable, you hind it behind layers and layers of grinding. You do realize that some people have done over 100 runs on the same boss without getting the stance he supposedly drops, right? That isnt omg too much grinding, its plain stupid.

You are plain advertising something, but dont add it to the game so that players can enjoy it. You hide it so that a minor portion of the playerbase can enjoy it. That isnt a good game design, on an already grindy game. If you had common, uncommon and rare stances, and the common and uncommon where easier to get, with rares being, oh well, rare, no problem. But atm they are all rare, even the uncommon ones.

Add the fact that you need to be lucky for it to drop, and add in that you have to get lucky and get a stance for the melee you want to use, this narrows down gameplay to a level of fight the same boss over and over again for that specific stance. That is, in its core, a REALLY BAD GAME DESIGN. You just burn players, all the hype built up makes it a terrible thing. They screwed first with a hype that ending on no update, then when players where so hyped they hit a grindfest wall.

No, Im not crying, Im putting out my concerns, and this seems an apropriate thread, as they can play test it live and feel what we have to feel every day playing the game. I thought the game was finally going in a good direction, but then they did the same thing they do on most updates, they add in terrible rng grindwalls. While at first you get players to pay, slowly they are losing faithfull players, this mens money loss in the long run.

Im sure they have seen the bugs and are working their hardest to fix them. The reason these bugs exist is simply due to the fact that the devs dont know whats gona happen until the update is live and being played by hundreds of thousands if not millions of people at once. Think of it as the ultimate stress test. Thats why you commonly see hotfixes shortly after major updates.

Im aware of that. Just pardon me if I thought that having an extra week over, considering the first launch date they had in mind, actually made me feel that simple bugs like freezing when opening life support wouldnt show up yet again. Or that blocking wouldnt work.

Seriously, Im really sorry.

Edited by Hybridon

Yes, because doing 8 missions and not even having 3 beacons(I have 2 in fact) of the...20? I sure hope that once I complete it I can keep killing him instead of having to re-farm...

And stances are possibly quite important if you are already far into the game, so why not expect to at least get ONE stance mod per 20 missions? There are a ton of them anyway!

Like I said, Instant gratification. Thank you for proving my point.

I'll be there with my Dubious Drink of Mysterious Origin, with the hopes of seeing my favorite Prime time hosts Using melee weapons only for at least one mach, channeling all of the things!

or at the vary least, Melee comboing 1 enemy Into dust.  if i can just see that. I will be one happy SOB.

Im aware of that. Just pardon me if I thought that having an extra week over, considering the first launch date they had in mind, actually made me feel that simple bugs like freezing when opening life support wouldnt show up yet again. Or that blocking wouldnt work.

Seriously, Im really sorry.

Do you make games?  Im guessing not. . Im currently doing a bachelors of game design and programming. Bugs don't jump out of your computer screen and hit you in the face, they require testing to find, and even WITH testing you wont find all of them. Only upon release do they get the full impact of any bugs they couldnt find and fix.

There's no need to be rude dude, calm down and be glad they're working on it.

I have no problem with grinding, if I did I wouldnt have over 100 of hours ingame.

I could have stopped reading right there. I didn't, out of respect (I know I made it hard to believe) and because I wanted to actually try to understand your point. I DO understand that not giving us ANY stance is kinda dumb. What I don't understand is how someone with "over 100 hours ingame" can claim they have indeed "grinded" a lot.

I know that people have lives and can't spend hundreds of hours playing, and to me THAT is a valid argument. That's why you can buy most of the stuff you usually have to grind for. I know, not a perfect solution but hey, DE people have to eat.

What I find ironic is how people can claim they have grinded when the new content is not even 24 hours old... People use the word "grind" without even knowing its meaning apparently. Maybe "farm" would be more appropriate. Then I would accept it and understand your opinion. Not share it, but at least understand it.

Edited by Marthrym

I'd just like to ask two question and if you could please answer them tonight that'd be awesome..:

What in the world where you thinking teasing us for 2 months about melee 2.0 and the awesome stances and combos , and  then make the stances RARE drops?

I can understand the concept of Augon crystal (or whatever it's called, i already got one and already have me tenno research lab on the nikana) but why make us all farm like (due to me trying to be polite i will not say the word that fits there) for the stances?

If i recall correctly (and please correct me if i'm wrong) on DevStream 26 you guys said that all melee weapons would come with a "starter" stance which lacks the combos and we had to farm for the combos. Why was that not implemented?

That is all.

Thank you.

Edited by CypLevithian

Wow, Everybody is so ungreatful these days and don't know how to work for things in life anymore. They just want it handed to them on a Silver platter. 

I like everything they have done for us and its fun to work for a great reward. Achieving rewards for working hard is great.

Wow, Everybody is so ungreatful these days and don't know how to work for things in life anymore. They just want it handed to them on a Silver platter. 

I like everything they have done for us and its fun to work for a great reward. Achieving rewards for working hard is great.

yeah but some stance mods don't drop. like at all. that needs fixing

Like I said, Instant gratification. Thank you for proving my point.

It has nothing to do with Instant gratification. It has all to do with this S#&$ty RNG.

RNG is a serious problem, I could kill G3 a million times and only have 1 blueprint after that, I could kill harvester a million times and only have 1 million blueprints, I could kill 5 billion Napalms and still not have the stance mod that drops from them.

RNG gameplay mechanics need to go, permanently.

farming/grinding is fine, but make it worth it. I have played 3 months since its release before ever seeing the Harvester, and went 3 months without seeing the stalker once. Then suddenly twice in one day and since then haven't seen him again. RNG needs to go, simple.

These beacons and stances just prove the point once again, and DE keeps making the mistake of relying on RNG for their content.

Do I have an immediate answer to the problem of RNG? No, but that is why they are Game Designers for DE and I am not.

I could have stopped reading right there. I didn't, out of respect (I know I made it hard to believe) and because I wanted to actually try to understand your point. I DO understand that not giving us ANY stance is kinda dumb. What I don't understand is how someone with "over 100 hours ingame" can claim they have indeed "grinded" a lot.

I know that people have lives and can't spend hundreds of hours playing, and to me THAT is a valid argument. That's why you can buy most of the stuff you usually have to grind for. I know, not a perfect solution but hey, DE people have to eat.

What I find ironic is how people can claim they have grinded when the new content is not even 24 hours old... People use the word "grind" without even knowing its meaning apparently. Maybe "farm" would be more appropriate. Then I would accept it and understand your opinion. Not share it, but at least understand it.

Meant over 1000, sorry for missing a 0, a common bug ya know when writing.

And Steam states i have been logged in to warframe for 2264 hours... hmmm.

Edited by Hybridon