Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't It Time To Raise The Mod Slot Amount On Frames And Weapons?

Shehriazad

Yes, because one cannot rely on Forma alone which requires leveling up said warframe again and again to use power slots w/o the increase in rank number. they only have 6 slots for other things which is a shame.

If Forma only required one re level or no re level for existing polarities, then this would not be so bad.

ce7143d9ff05e852687d3fdb999e28d3.jpg

Well people bitc# about others making new threads about old topics and not using the search function so why not?

Edited by sushidubya

I really wish they'd just make forma cost so much to apply instead of having to level it over back up from level 30 down to zero again. Since it's merely a reforming of the weapon instead of replacement, it would make sense to have to pay to simply have it reformed, that's all.

Well people bitc# about others making new threads about old topics and not using the search function so why not?

They're meant to read the topic and see what the consensus was, not resurrect it.

I got "The Idea" : what about merging the mods that are not used much? just imagine those elemental resistance being fused into one...

I think the best option for weapons is to make damage type mods (electric, etc.) change a percentage of the base damage to that damage type instead of adding damage on top of it.  We are overpowered for everything but endless defense and survival, and being endless you will never get endless scaling of your abilities.  We do way to much damage compared to the general content of the game.  Also some hard caps on frame bonuses would be nice too.  If you could only get x% bonus you would acctually be forced to choose between different mods (regular, nightmare, corrupted) based on how much you a particular bonus you needed.

If you add more mod slots and capacity, you will have neverending cycle of buffs.

Add more slots/capacity=game too easy/no challenge=increase levels of mobs=game too hard/too hard=add more slots/capacity=and so on.....

We dont need any more of them, simply because you can clear levels without maxed mods and potato on your frame. Whats the point of adding more capacity? Making game easier than it already is? I dont see any point in that.

Ah yes, every heard about variety? With more capacity and slots you wouldnt have any downside when using corrupted mods, simply because you could correct any downside from them with other mods.

Agree with OP, over 300 mods in game yet only 80 or so being used due to limitations. Because of limit to 8 mods only and how powerful enemies are(most people tend to neglect this fact because they tend to use best equipment and mods) we have to maximise effect of powers and damage of weapons to kill before getting killed. Utility mods have no room in here. Some mods are just useless like Maglev, Inturder and resistance mods as there is only 1 enemy type that deal elemental damage and they are either week or rare or not even very scare.

I suggest new mod system, Mod 3.0 rather than more slots but for now more mod slots could do

They'll read it and create topic anyway.

If the topic is still relevant, then by all means go right ahead and make a new thread - that's why resurrecting old threads is rather moot. Another reason to not necro threads is that they often contain outdated information that will end up doing more harm than good to those that are uninformed. 

If the topic is still relevant, then by all means go right ahead and make a new thread - that's why resurrecting old threads is rather moot. Another reason to not necro threads is that they often contain outdated information that will end up doing more harm than good to those that are uninformed.

Well, this thread withstood the test of time and is still relevant today. Nothing has changed since it's creation.

Just no.  To much is just sometimes too much.  You are basicly asking to get more onto a frame without giving up anything.  THere has to be somme sort of balance.  If you really want to use that little used Mod then give up getting more health or running speed or worse yet give up a warframe power. 

If a specific mod is not being used by the playerbase it needs looking at and modifying/buffing.

There will always be a perceived "optimal" build and many players will simply use that,

Personally I think more mods slots of _any_ type is addressing the wrong problem, if mod can't earn its place in a build then the mods need changing.

Earning mod slots is a fine thing for DE to add as a progression mechanic but _not_ to try and solve the problems expressed by the OP.

I completely support having abilities as an integral part of the frames. Does anyone know if there is a mod that affects healing? It would be cool if one quickened healing so I wouldn't get overwhelmed while healing my downed partners.