The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Praise Of Clan Ghost Bear

ssfsx17

I'm more of a Hell's Horses fan, myself, but I gotta give respect to my fellow trothkin Ghost Bear. They are ristars, always bidding zero taxes and zero credits and still winning every single Trial of Possession through sheer tenacity and always doing runs for themselves.

I'm more of a Hell's Horses fan, myself, but I gotta give respect to my fellow trothkin Ghost Bear. They are ristars, always bidding zero taxes and zero credits and still winning every single Trial of Possession through sheer tenacity and always doing runs for themselves.

As a dyed in the wool Clan Wolf supporter, I too support my trothkin when I have the time.  Though I would correct you in that they have on occasion offered battle pay (not that I need it to get me to fight for them).  Though, I'm somewhat surprised they didn't go for Terra (or maybe Terra was filled by the time they could place their rail).

agree , long live ghost bear! eclipse fell to the dark side of greed

How is it greed if we haven't made a single credit off of taxes? All taxes are returned to the players via battlepay, and members of an alliance can't receive battlepay for defending their own rails. If people stopped attacking us (and failing at it) then we wouldn't have to tax. Ghost Bear can do 0% tax because they only have one rail.

How is it greed if we haven't made a single credit off of taxes? All taxes are returned to the players via battlepay, and members of an alliance can't receive battlepay for defending their own rails. If people stopped attacking us (and failing at it) then we wouldn't have to tax. Ghost Bear can do 0% tax because they only have one rail.

it's like any other clan who wants a part of territory, but you have like over 20% of dark sector. Others are trying to get some too and you're just there holding "power" because of  you were the first to click...and now you keep high taxes just so that you keep your territory and people fight for you because of battlepays others cannot afford as easily. Ghost bear holds one and keeps it free. You own like 4 and you have high taxes on all. Ghost bear rewards everybody playing the mission. You just take away our gold if we don't side with you. Maybe not greed, but it's definitely not very awesome

Go defend your alliance somewhere else. If you guys had stuck to a few rails then you'd be able to do the same. But you all decided to do a land grab, and don't try to make it out to be some noble thing you're doing for the community. You took a lot of sectors because you could, and because there is a certain amount of "prestige" or bragging rights that come with it. It's the same reason any clan/alliance would take a rail in the first place - to compete and win. And yes, you do get credit off of taxes, whether it comes from randoms or from alliance members.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Reading this is quite surprising and inspiring, I'll pass it on to my kin in the Clan. 

We really do depend on and appreciate support based on Goodwill, as we don't take your credits and then offer them back as Battle Pay.

It's our own money that we use for battle pay, small gifts for your support, my only regret is it can't be more.

Thanks all,

Mjr_116 

Leader: Clan Ghost Bear

Edited PS: The Clan is unified in the belief that we would rather lose the Rail, before we started Taxing our comrades.

Edited by Mjr_116

Go defend your alliance somewhere else. If you guys had stuck to a few rails then you'd be able to do the same. But you all decided to do a land grab, and don't try to make it out to be some noble thing you're doing for the community. You took a lot of sectors because you could, and because there is a certain amount of "prestige" or bragging rights that come with it. It's the same reason any clan/alliance would take a rail in the first place - to compete and win. And yes, you do get credit off of taxes, whether it comes from randoms or from alliance members.

And so begins the Anti-Eclipse flame in yet another thread.

Reading this is quite surprising and inspiring, I'll pass it on to my kin in the Clan. 

We really do depend on and appreciate support based on Goodwill, as we don't take your credits and then offer them back as Battle Pay.

It's our own money that we use for battle pay, small gifts for your support, my only regret is it can't be more.

Thanks all,

Mjr_116 

Leader: Clan Ghost Bear

Edited PS: The Clan is unified in the belief that we would rather lose the Rail, before we started Taxing our comrades.

Respect and support!  

And double shame to "Eclipsed by Greed"  when even small clans keep their word and don't abuse taxes to fuel the battlepay.