The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Beware! Watch Dogs Is Coming.....

(PSN)MaatRa91

I know it's not my place to say this but when Watch Dogs comes out, loads of console players will be on that and Warframe will see a drought from players. What do you guys think? Leave a comment but make it civil alright.

I'm cautious about the game, since its completely shows that its "another console port" kind of game, and those got lower quality graph, engine, phisics, and simplistic controlls (to say the least)...

HOWEVER... The gameplay itself is _really-really_ intriquing to me.

The game itself is surprisingly cheap (the simple boxed version is thirthysomething euros).

BTW Question: Are there any hidden prices that anyone heard about? I asked on IGN forum as well but no one replied. Is that game got a monthly fee or something? If not its really really cheap compared to other games nowadays on the market...

It just looks like a shrunken down GTA game with less stuff to do and a cell phone gadget with a really crappy battery. 

That is about what I was going to say. I wasn't a fan of GTA so I doubt I would like this game. Maybe if there is a demo on the PS Store I will try it, but the game that has my attention is Bungie's Destiny.

Not sure. Believe Destiny will be threatened by Division as well. 

Probably the other way around in my opinion. This is an odd example, but as I live in a dorm, my roommate is often bringing his buddies by to hangout or whatever, and I'll be in the room playing Warframe, and on multiple occasions guys I've never met before have come in and asked "Woah is that Destiny you're playing? How is that possible, it's not our yet!" To which of course I explain that it's Warframe, and what Warframe basically is. 

While this is completely situational and rather limited in terms of sample size, it's given me the perspective that Destiny is perhaps much more similar to Warframe than Division is to Warframe, and therefore would pose the closer competition. 

Who cares about Watch Dogs?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Last Alpha came out today and it's free.

Ubisoft could make ANY game they want, but so long as it's tied to that garbage DRM software and gameplay is always super easymode consolized (looking at you, Assassin's Creed, jesus christ how do you make combat and character movement that unintuitive), all their games will... be meh

AC was sad. First one was OK, second improved on it, Brotherhood then made it even better. Then ubisoft took a dump and called it AC III.

Edited by Shackram

Probably the other way around in my opinion. This is an odd example, but as I live in a dorm, my roommate is often bringing his buddies by to hangout or whatever, and I'll be in the room playing Warframe, and on multiple occasions guys I've never met before have come in and asked "Woah is that Destiny you're playing? How is that possible, it's not our yet!" To which of course I explain that it's Warframe, and what Warframe basically is. 

While this is completely situational and rather limited in terms of sample size, it's given me the perspective that Destiny is perhaps much more similar to Warframe than Division is to Warframe, and therefore would pose the closer competition. 

I imagine when Division does eventually hit it'll be much stronger and more well known than it is currently, provided it lives up to the hype and features it has. It seems to have so much going for it.

Depends on how well the game is made and even then, people most likely return to Warframe. I mean, Warframe has been open to the public for whats a year I believe for PC players. If the community really wanted to leave for a new, shiny game that came out for them then this game would be dead by now.

Edited by Darkmoone1

In my opinion loyal Warframe players will keep on playing Warframe regardless of what game comes out. I for one pre ordered Watch Dogs but that doesn't mean I'll stop playing Warframe. I'll just include Watch Dogs in the time a have reserved for gaming. Maybe it will mean I'll spent bit less time in Warframe but I'll still be here :)

Different games? So what, when a new game comes out that people are interested in, they'll go to that one and play the other one less. It's a pretty simple concept.

I'll definitely be playing it over Warframe, just like Dark Souls 2, right now, at this very second.

Watch dogs looks ok, boring but ok I suppose. Destiny from what I noticed is warframe without parkour and semi-open world with halo feel to it. While that sounds appealing I rather keep to warframe since its expnding and growing. Though seems a lot of other franchises seem to be getting that free-running and gunning are the ways to go. But in my eyes Warframe was the first and the one who's gonna improve on it till its perfect for Warframe. plus that whole U-play is annoying as hell.

Watch dogs looks ok, boring but ok I suppose. Destiny from what I noticed is warframe without parkour and semi-open world with halo feel to it. While that sounds appealing I rather keep to warframe since its expnding and growing. Though seems a lot of other franchises seem to be getting that free-running and gunning are the ways to go. But in my eyes Warframe was the first and the one who's gonna improve on it till its perfect for Warframe. plus that whole U-play is annoying as hell.

Is it just me or does Destiny just look like Halo with a trench coat on?