The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

First off, this is a game, not a culture.

Second, our honor is in our wallets, swimming around in our credits.

EDIT: I just read that in a Sargas Ruk voice, holy crap that sounded better in my head.

what honor? I was all for sacrifice...

8 out of 26 is 30% not 99%.

They started with 8 rails & lost Yersa, Neptune, bringing the count down to 7 rails. They then took Amarna, Sedna to bring the number back up to 8 rails again.

8 current count: Earth (1), Jupiter (2), Europa (1), Saturn (2), Sedna (1), Ceres (1),

13 planets total, 6 with Eclipse rails, 7 without Eclipse rails.

7 planets currently without Eclipse rails: Venus, Mars, Neptune, Eris, Pluto. Uranus, Phobos (not including Mercury because there are no rails available on Mercury).

It's up to you to interpret the numbers as you wish.

It was an exaggeration...

Just don't run eclipse rails. There are others. When an eclipse rail is contested, fight against them.

I usually try, but the droves of ppl playing for battle pay usually drown me. I can do maybe 4 runs in around 10 minutes, something like that.

someone said something about a monopoly would be owning the majority. They kind of do, not as a whole, but they own more than any single clan/alliance.

Problem is, they know what they're doing. They haven't spread much more past their 8 rails. They have just enough manpower and money coming in that they can continue to control those rails.

I may not like them all that much, but they aren't stupid. Respect.

Frankly, I'm not sure how even a 25% tax is high enough to fund the rails if they get attacked hard. How many attacks does it take, to kill off an opposing rail? Ten thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How much battle pay do you need to make it worth your while to help during the contested phase? Five thousand credits?

Let's say it takes 10,000 attacks (I'm guessing that's waaaay low) to kill off a rail, and you want 5K credits to do it. That would mean they're shelling out 50 million credits to kill off the enemy rail. I don't know what it takes to repair a rail, but I'm guessing it ain't cheap.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would do Dark Sector Defense/Survival for credits anyway. I do them for exp and the mods that are only available there. If I want credits, I go run a few quick void captures or exterminates.

7500, actually.

And you don't have to "kill off" the opposing rail. Just be in the lead when the timer runs out.

Never gave much of a damn about the credit tax, in fact I would probably have donated to them if possible to fix up the rails if they weren't already rolling in it. I just fight for them cause they don't charge a resource tax, and they can take over the system for all I care. I already forgot all about our 'goal of bringing balance to the system' when we stopped 'being loyal only to one another'.

the funniest thing about all of this - its just a huge time sink with very little reward 

woopie doo u get a couple of credits and resources ? there is nothing to spend them on, nothing thats important that gives you power of any kind or changes the game in anyway

its nothing at all like the EvE online alliances who dominate the game, they have actual power for holding their terriotory but in Warframe there is nothing real to gain from it

lol so who ever has invested in the solar rails the most just wasted all their time for almost nothing , must feel great 

Frankly, I'm not sure how even a 25% tax is high enough to fund the rails if they get attacked hard. How many attacks does it take, to kill off an opposing rail? Ten thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How much battle pay do you need to make it worth your while to help during the contested phase? Five thousand credits?

Let's say it takes 10,000 attacks (I'm guessing that's waaaay low) to kill off a rail, and you want 5K credits to do it. That would mean they're shelling out 50 million credits to kill off the enemy rail. I don't know what it takes to repair a rail, but I'm guessing it ain't cheap.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would do Dark Sector Defense/Survival for credits anyway. I do them for exp and the mods that are only available there. If I want credits, I go run a few quick void captures or exterminates.

Absolutely. On some other thread I talked about how the tax rate should be no less than 30%. I laid out the maths stated that if anyone is trying to use dark sectors for farming credits, they're missing the point of the dark sectors in the first place.

As per the alliances talking about how good their "epic battle pay" is, I would laugh at that if it was actually funny, but it's just nonsensical. So what if you can offer 10k. What do I need to "farm" 10k of those credits on a mission continually for? There is a finite limit to how much credits will do for me.

I stated in another thread also that the battle pay should be adjustable. Allow the alliances to add in resources as battle pay...and then things will get interesting.

All alliances will fall. This is a fact of the world. History has shown this. So any alliance dominating now, enjoy your time :D And anyone complaining about the alliance will see an end to that domination, and the rise of another. The easiest way to allow an alliance to fail is to not support it. Just support the opposing team. Over time, the alliance will crumble on it's own regardless.

I feel like I'm at a crossroads. Update 13 for Warframe, which brought in melee 2.0, also unfortunately added in a new frame called Hydroid, or as I like to call him, TrollFrame.

Melee 2.0 was a welcome change in melee, and also really helped to point out the lack of polish or depth in melee even more???

I recently tried Zephyr and jesus, she's so overpowered it left me feeling defeated. With all the newer frame's ultimates so overpowered, why bother even trying to melee?

Trinity using Link and self damage with Invulnerability can just breeze through everything.

While I like the berserker frame that is Valkyr, her Ultimate is buggy as hell, considering you float off the ground and tend to miss most of your hits, not to mention of course you're invulnerable AND you get health back while killing in this mode.

I shouldn't have to unequip 2 or 3 Frame powers in order to get some decent game play balance.

I just feel like nothing is ever really going to get fixed anymore. DE used to fix bugs, but with all the push for new content, bug fixing has taken a back seat to content creation.

This whole new solar rail and Tenno alliance vs alliance is just ridiculous to me. It makes absolutely no sense considering this is a PvE game, and with future updates it looks like DE will be implementing PvP, which is fine, but what about the bug fixes damn it!!!!

I have close to 700 hours, not counting the hours I had before switching to the Steam recorded client, in Warframe and I've probably spent at least 400 dollars on the game in total (for myself, for a Founders pack, and gifts to others). I feel like I'm taking crazy pills by continuing to play Warframe. I have some serious thinking to do.

Enjoy your alliance battles mates.
Edited by Janzer

Just don't run eclipse rails. There are others. When an eclipse rail is contested, fight against them.

I usually try, but the droves of ppl playing for battle pay usually drown me. I can do maybe 4 runs in around 10 minutes, something like that.

someone said something about a monopoly would be owning the majority. They kind of do, not as a whole, but they own more than any single clan/alliance.

Problem is, they know what they're doing. They haven't spread much more past their 8 rails. They have just enough manpower and money coming in that they can continue to control those rails.

I may not like them all that much, but they aren't stupid. Respect.

I'll take it.

1-5% is to low. A good rate should sit at 10-15%. All theses groups having no tax is where there going wrong. If your going to hold a rail, you will NEED to have a tax above 10%, or you wont be able to repair them or pay people to fight for you.

As for Eclipses being a monopoly, that's everyone fault for fighting for them. Treat the rails like you would treat EVE online. Pick a side, and play hard till they betray you. Simple.

Edited by TheJagji

You know what annoys me? The fact that I get to have fun and get resources in my beloved infested defense and survival missions maybe 25% of the time because there's always some stupid fight over who's name is on top of a mission. These GrindVGrind "conflicts" are nothing but a hassle and annoyance to pretty much everyone who isn't directly involved, and I sigh at the fact that every single mission I see has a new rail coming up as soon as the other rail dies. Somehow I'm supposed to get excited about a raid mission in the tower tileset with nothing but fusion moas in it that at best will give me some credits, replacing missions where I can find the new melee mods and spend my whole time gloriously chopping my way through hordes of deformed monsters, as well as being the best place to collect rare resources? Why should I care who gets to put their message over it?

Please stop wasting my time and contesting rails, pretending you're doing something noble. It's just an inconvenience to everyone.

Edited by Gronframe

You know what annoys me? The fact that I get to have fun and get resources in my beloved infested defense and survival missions maybe 25% of the time because there's always some stupid fight over who's name is on top of a mission. These GrindVGrind "conflicts" are nothing but a hassle and annoyance to pretty much everyone who isn't directly involved, and I sigh at the fact that every single mission I see has a new rail coming up as soon as the other rail dies. Somehow I'm supposed to get excited about a raid mission in the tower tileset with nothing but fusion moas in it that at best will give me some credits, replacing missions where I can find the new melee mods and spend my whole time gloriously chopping my way through hordes of deformed monsters, as well as being the best place to collect rare resources? Why should I care who gets to put their message over it?

Please stop wasting my time and contesting rails, pretending you're doing something noble. It's just an inconvenience to everyone.

I agree with you on that. Maybe DE can extend the time of deployment for the rails? 24 hours to set up, and then 48 hours for them to wind down is not wroking. Maybe it should be the other way around? Then you get decent leeway.

Eclipse has 8 rails, there are 26 rails. A monopoly would be owning the majority or all of the solar rails and being able to set the tax rates at whatever price they want. Eclipse has a monopoly over Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells from dark sectors but they do not have a monopoly over all of the rails. And besides taking 1 node and giving away 1 node how has Eclipse tried to monopolize the system?

Shhh you confuse the wild kiddies. 

USE A POKEBALL!!!

But no there is no monopoly. If you want the rails fight for them or don't get them. Your choice.

Stop attacking Eclipse and the taxes will go down. Keep attacking them and they have to raise taxes in order to defend and repair.

I find this comment deeply ironic.

There is no tax lower than zero. We had clan trying to offer dark sectors tax free, and all people had to do to keep them tax free was stop attacking them.