Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova

Instinction

I find it funny that people are talking about how powers should have some downfall but they only ever mention it with Nova. Loki and Nyx don't need power strength and can have easely have maxed builds. But no one complains about them. Only because Nova "steals your kills" in a game where skills aren't rewarded in any way.

Edited by kubbi

I find it funny that people are talking about how powers should have some downfall but they only ever mention it with Nova. Loki and Nyx don't need power strength and can have easely have maxed builds. But no one complains about them. Only because Nova "steals your kills" in a game where skills aren't rewarded in any way.

Shhhh.... err I mean yea, Absorb so OP bro. ughhh.. Nerf Absorb quick. Cuz... immortal n' stuff, that's the skill to nerf... yea.

I saw some post about nerf valkyr, It was a good laugh. People see immortal and flip out. But they have no idea. Poor Trinity...

The problem before was she could easily max out with near no downfall

The problem now is she cant max anything out without losing out heavily

Kinda like Ember

Lol wut?

Ember's WoF you can either go range, or duration. Personally I go duration. 16 seconds of WoF for 70 energy isn't bad at all, okay I sacrifice map spanning damage with only a 15m range, but hey being able to move comes with it's advantages. 

Ember's powers have far bigger and more far reaching problems in her DoT style, than WoF being affected by both duration and distance. 

Well, in a thread about Nova people usually talk about Nova. There's another thread around titled "which other nerfs can be expected" that mentions most of the abilities you think get swept under the rug. Nova is just an especially prominent example because playing with her in a team decreases the fun you have. Chaosed and Disarmed enemies still have to be killed by people, which everybody can be part of. That's the reason we don't see more "nerf chaos!" threads - people are less annoyed by those abilities.

But you're totally right, there's still a couple of very broken skill that don't scale at all in the game, and those need some kind of fix/nerf.

Well, in a thread about Nova people usually talk about Nova. There's another thread around titled "which other nerfs can be expected" that mentions most of the abilities you think get swept under the rug. Nova is just an especially prominent example because playing with her in a team decreases the fun you have. Chaosed and Disarmed enemies still have to be killed by people, which everybody can be part of. That's the reason we don't see more "nerf chaos!" threads - people are less annoyed by those abilities.

But you're totally right, there's still a couple of very broken skill that don't scale at all in the game, and those need some kind of fix/nerf.

The only nerf threads I see are about Nova and Trinity. The ones about Trinity have died died now. But the most complaints are about Nova. Very rarely I see threads about other frames asking to be nerfed.

People can simply play without Nova if they hate her so much but nope. "Others must change their style to suit mine to have fun".

Unfortunately your nerf to Nova has ruined her ability to be maximized.

You cannot build and max duration, max range, and max power build, which is now what she has been made into.

thats good imho, plenty of other frames have the same juggling considerations for their powers and considering her MP has 4 buffs/debuffs rolled into 1 its good that at long last this form of change has come into play, its a good effort tbh.

@OP

Sounds like what your asking for is to use Corrupted mods on Nova without suffering the downside.

Probably not gonna happen, Corrupted mods were implemented with the intention of being a trade off.  Nova broke that design prior to 13.4

loki's crutch is no mass death abilitys which is good, he cant cant "make stuff die" or "make stuff die faster", also doesnt power str make nyx's absorb do higher minimal dmg?

loki's crutch is no mass death abilitys which is good, he cant cant "make stuff die" or "make stuff die faster", also doesnt power str make nyx's absorb do higher minimal dmg?

Power strength does make Nyx's absorb do higher minimal damage, but it's pretty much a waste of time to mod for it.  If your teammates are any good they will shoot the absorb bubble and if they dont, absorb probably isn't worth using unless your out of ammo since casting chaos and just shooting everything will kill much faster.  Even if your out of ammo and you use it, the minimal damage is marginal considering you probably want minimum 5k damage before bursting the bubble.

The minimal damage on Nyx's absorb is nice for low level content though, might be worth modding for that I guess.

Loki serves a different purpose then Nova. The thing is people keep saying that you shouldn't be able to maximize builds with no downfall. Nyx and Loki can maximize their builds but no one says anything about that.

And yes strength effects the minimun damage that absorb can do but its very little. Equipping strength mods barely make a difference.

Loki serves a different purpose then Nova. The thing is people keep saying that you shouldn't be able to maximize builds with no downfall. Nyx and Loki can maximize their builds but no one says anything about that.

And yes strength effects the minimun damage that absorb can do but its very little. Equipping strength mods barely make a difference.

most likely because nyx isnt terribly popular, like trinity has been (who still got balanced), then you have loki, weirdly enough a lot seem to think hes crap?  (my fave frame btw, never know why hes as unpopular as he is).  

Hes good in that he CAN go invis and survive quite well (if your decked with all dur mods and corrupt gear, hes rubbish without them), but hes also good/balanced in that he can still quite easily die while invis, this mostly applys to grineer maps/opponents, eating explosions/napalm/etc still gets you dead very fast.

imho he's fine as is, he just needs more to wory about while invis, arc traps were a good worrysome addition, a few more would be nice, something that makes you stop/think rather than going on autopilot and ignoring everything.

most likely because nyx isnt terribly popular, like trinity has been (who still got balanced), then you have loki, weirdly enough a lot seem to think hes crap?  (my fave frame btw, never know why hes as unpopular as he is).  

Hes good in that he CAN go invis and survive quite well (if your decked with all dur mods and corrupt gear, hes rubbish without them), but hes also good/balanced in that he can still quite easily die while invis, this mostly applys to grineer maps/opponents, eating explosions/napalm/etc still gets you dead very fast.

imho he's fine as is, he just needs more to wory about while invis, arc traps were a good worrysome addition, a few more would be nice, something that makes you stop/think rather than going on autopilot and ignoring everything.

Don't get me wrong I think Loki is just fine. Imo Trinity and Nova were also just fine but people couldn't stand how strong they were.

All I'm saying is people complained about Nova so mp got nerfed. Now its not possible anymore to maximize her build. People say thats the point but never mention other frames that can. Its just Nova hate. Thats the way it appears to me.

Only reason i ever used her before was at high level gameplay for the 200% debuff - with the slowly expanding field that's basically gone. Another frame that just wastes a slot now.

The field expansion part was unneeded  and too much.

Don't get me wrong I think Loki is just fine. Imo Trinity and Nova were also just fine but people couldn't stand how strong they were.

All I'm saying is people complained about Nova so mp got nerfed. Now its not possible anymore to maximize her build. People say thats the point but never mention other frames that can. Its just Nova hate. Thats the way it appears to me.

imho her "problem" was only that MP was spammable, could be full pwr dur with no drawback, and had 4 buffs/debuffs rolled into 1 move, and every one of those were "good" alone nm when stacked together as 4 juicy iwin abilitys.

i would have removed 2 of those abilitys if it was me, the slow i would deffo have removed esp given that valk has a slow and no1 takes a valk to slow stuff when a nova can do it and do much more, i probably would have removed the debuff to their damage as well, leaving dmg taken and chain explosion, i also would have it like it is now similar to nyx's chaos, no more use till all old affected targets are killed or duration ends.

This nerf is ridiculous. The reason non-Novas cried, was cause Nova killed all the mobs in one go, and this nerf didn't fix that.

You'll still get killstealed by Nova. So hope you like lasershows, cause I'm gonna spam MP all I can now.

Edited by Haldos
Cleaned up.

The expanding field functioning as it does is exactly the problem I saw with her. Min Max or not, its just not worth casting anymore. Unless you've got bad aim or bad guns. Its the same reason I never bothered with Anti Matter, it takes time.

As it was I was only really using her for low lvl missions, now I wont be using her at all.  I can cast Molecular and then shoot down every mob in front of me before it fully expands. Hell I can outrun the field. I didn't see anything about the 200% dmg on the notes but this was the only reason she was even viable high end. Otherwise she was a low lvl fodder remover. Don't see why anyone should care about that.

Either way she was the only viable high lvl AoE nuker in the game because of the 200% happening quickly then shooting the mobs down quickly, but now that it takes time to function she's worthless, Note how I've said Time and Quickly a few times? its because that's all that matters in this game, how fast you kill mobs and how fast you finish a mission. Taking away Nova's speed in this case makes her simply suck.

There's plenty of frames that trivialize this game and Nova only trivialized low lvl garbage Missions, I see Loki perm stealth coming in the future, unfortunately for the players I doubt it will come in the form of proper Stealth detecting AI,

Playtime Nova: 8%

They should really call this GunFrame since Warframe damaging abilities are pathetic by comparison.

wmkOY.gif

by the way, i've seen plently of Nova's trivalizing 40+ ODD's...

I have sacrificed a forma, vitality, natural talent and power efficiency so i could have duration.

Now i can make 2 builds, one with high damage per explosion, slow enemies and some drawbacks (like the mods i had to remove, so i'm more squishy, cast slower and the power costs more) and another build where i'm a bit more resistant and the enemies speed up.

Not only that but i end up casting the ability less, so it ends up beeing efficient just like nekros shadows of the death, the more it lasts, the less you need to spam it.

It's insane the amount of fun i'm having, just did 20 waves on pluto dark sector with a rhino leveling stuff up and the speed increase on enemies makes waves so fast and hilarious, i actually dare to say it

I don't want the old nova back, this new nova rocks

by the way, i've seen plently of Nova's trivalizing 40+ ODD's...

Oh wow, you saw a Nova trivialize the already trivial Infested? Oh and even on one of the easiest to defend maps? Damn that's amazing.

I think everyone is basing effectiveness of abilities and weapons on infested cuz that's the easiest with the same rewards. I would like to see a Nova do 40+ Grineer now, I'm not going to try it cuz I have better frames to do that with and there's always been better frames. It might be possible but I really don't care I just know it'll be way more work than other frames I could use.

You post a comment with no real substance. You just want to post a picture and try and agitate people like a child with his tongue out.

Go back to your hole.

Oh wow, you saw a Nova trivialize the already trivial Infested? Oh and even on one of the easiest to defend maps? Damn that's amazing.

I think everyone is basing effectiveness of abilities and weapons on infested cuz that's the easiest with the same rewards. I would like to see a Nova do 40+ Grineer now, I'm not going to try it cuz I have better frames to do that with and there's always been better frames. It might be possible but I really don't care I just know it'll be way more work than other frames I could use.

You post a comment with no real substance. You just want to post a picture and try and agitate people like a child with his tongue out.

Go back to your hole.

The picture? it was a joke.

i only posted it because people are crying about the so called ´´nerf´´ on Nova when it only changed the stuff that made her OP in the first place.

she's far from useless, and even if i don't particularly like Nova, i think the change/rework is good for her reputation; and hopefully she'll get less hate now.

also, 40+ ODD spawns about 35 ancients a round, which can get overwhelming at times.

i still think they should remove the slow, though.

Lol wut?

Ember's WoF you can either go range, or duration. Personally I go duration. 16 seconds of WoF for 70 energy isn't bad at all, okay I sacrifice map spanning damage with only a 15m range, but hey being able to move comes with it's advantages. 

Ember's powers have far bigger and more far reaching problems in her DoT style, than WoF being affected by both duration and distance. 

You dont mention damage or efficiency

Strength, duration,range,efficiency all affect her abilit so youre bound to sacrifice something to keep it up

I dont have max blind range and its already difficult to keep embers energy output high with her WoF

Id add range but it kills her strength and without a killing WoF shell find herself in some bad spots..

Theres also fleeting that kills duration for efficiency making WoF a shorter burst for bad spots but really doesnt make it any more or less efficient outside of having to cast more often

Id go on but this post is dragging now

Do you see what i mean?