Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay On High Level After All The Nerfs

LordMistik

with Trinity was possible to take all warf in party, same nekros or nova, and all warf was doing they jobs - nova - damage, nekros - loot, trinity - party support becouse the same nekros vs 60 lvl mobs without trinity? lol

You can already take any Warframe against level 60 mobs with or without Trinity, if my experience one running a 2 Loki + 2 Rhino party for a 60-minute survival run was any indication, or solo Survival with a Nekros into the 40-minute mark during my excruciating days of hunting for Tranquil Cleave.

Simple question to DE, can you show in Prime time the gameplay on high level (Survival III longer then 1 hour, Endless Defense III after 60 waves)?

yes yes you can delete this discussion without ansvering, all players already know the answer :=)

yep and sorry for "T" in topic "highT"

Playing until you break the game mechanics doesn't sound like something developers would do on their own game...in front of their player base.

so, in normal way the game is build for the players - and after nerf if more then one player are not agree with that maybe it was wrong to be nerfed...
in normal way DE just need to do public voting - nerf or not =) becouse game is for players and we spending our time and money in game so...
if someone not interested to play longer then 10 min in surv doesn't meen that need to nerf warf
and so ok. what next? all weapon nerf becouse they to powerfull? ;=)

Edited by LordMistik

DE is probably moving away from the high level content being "Kill everything before it kills you"

Of course that is the basis for pretty much any game with combat, but I'm sure they want it to be more interactive than that, because the entire game is literally kill everything before it kills you; no advanced tactics involved really.

But 'nerfing' frames before they begin working on an actual end-game for the game is strange, I'll admit. Some frames need a buff more than others need a nerf though. Ember has wet tissue-paper armor technology, a kit that forces her to be in close proximity to those painfully scaling enemies, and nothing to help it except a rather small stun. Oberon's all over the space and outclassed by everything, and Saryn.... I actually don't know why she's not more common.

Edited by Draciusen

More skilled? Mashing 4 as Valkyr and 3 as Nekros is skilled now?

Obviously not :|

But mashing blessing/rhino skin/snow globe pre nerf was clearly pure skill.

Huh, an hour into T3 survival and waves 60+ of T3 Defense is actually hard to do now, it's almost as if that was intentional or something...

Except it's not.  There are still plenty of viable frames including some of the ones that were nerfed that can easily go past that :|

• MPrime specializes well like Powers should, yet still does the same job as it did before.

It does some stuff even better than before.  Putting some power strength on it makes the movement speed reduction ridiculous now  :|

Edited by Aggh

It does some stuff even better than before.  Putting some power strength on it makes the movement speed reduction ridiculous now  :|

ikr

it gets down to seemingly like, 30% original speed, and i don't have a R10 Blind Rage around, just a R8.

very silly.

Overextended alone makes Enemies faster though, top lel. 

just wait few patch and nerf of Valkyr and Rhino  and we will see you tactics :=)

Currently Valkyr's hysteria does not calculate power stregth mods like intesify and blind rage on top of it disregaurding the melee weapon and the damage mods on the weapon. As far as Rhino at best he could use a look at and a few tweeks.

so, in normal way the game is build for the players - and after nerf if more then one player are not agree with that maybe it was wrong to be nerfed...

in normal way DE just need to do public voting - nerf or not =) becouse game is for players and we spending our time and money in game so...

if someone not interested to play longer then 10 min in surv doesn't meen that need to nerf warf

and so ok. what next? all weapon nerf becouse they to powerfull? ;=)

The reason I felt the changes to Trinity and Nova were needed cause have one button wins hurts the overall health of the game. That and Trinity is a support style warframe it makes no sense why a support should be capable of basicly tanking. With Nova having two room clearing abilities with a mobility ability to boot made her ability set alot stronger then a majority of frames. As far as leaving nerf/buff to a public vote is a poor idea because it can easy get to the point of the more popular warframes and weapons getting buffs and the least popular warframes not getting a look at if not being nerfed into the ground. I have yet to see DE make a change for no reason ie "cause they can" and if they "nerf" a frame or weapon i like I will simply adapt accordingly

ikr

it gets down to seemingly like, 30% original speed, and i don't have a R10 Blind Rage around, just a R8.

very silly.

Overextended alone makes Enemies faster though, top lel. 

Rank nine  Blind rage and an intensify and they're practically standing still :|

Edited by Aggh

oh, please. 

if you're really this butthurt, you're doing something wrong.

avoid taking Damage in the first place, and use Powers when needed, not everyone AFK in a corner pressing buttons every X seconds.

trying to sound like some white knight here has no point. much of Warframe has incentivized playing the game incorrectly for many months, and now that we're inching towards where it was supposed to be in the first place, people don't like it.

besides, all of the recent changes to all of the frames has been 'buffs' or 'null changes' largely anyways.

• MPrime specializes well like Powers should, yet still does the same job as it did before.

• Blessing is basically the same as it was before, just with a little bit of downtime and being slightly risky. and Energy Vampire is free Energy.

• Absorb and Sound Quake are just outright better. (though can be AFK'd rather easily...)

• Ash is outright better. and will be further better, i imagine.

so do tell me, pretend white knight, what is it you're complaining about? what is it you're really complaining about? hopefully the answer is nothing.

Better at what? Low level contents? Absorb didn't get changed right, there should be a % damage taken to the Nyx, right now she is invulnerable to all damage during absorb, that's broken. Smoke bomb and Invisibility skills are broken because stealth is broken, due to AI's incapable of figuring out why they are getting hit but none is visible. Blessing is still usable because of Quickthinking and Rage, without these two mods, it's useless at high levels content, due to 1 hit kill. Avoiding damage how? corpus maybe, but hitscan from Grineer, how do you dodge that? Stop defending DE, they're doing a bad job at balancing the skills, while leaving the AI untouched, with their stupid armor and damage curve exponentially while frames don't have that. 

Edited by (PS4)madguy132

Except it's not.  There are still plenty of viable frames including some of the ones that were nerfed that can easily go past that :|

Well, it is harder than pressing the 4 button for free invincibility or near-endless enemy debuffing anyway. I was just making the point that there's no reason we should be able to exploit certain abilities to go hours into defense or survival, hence there's a reason these nerfs are limiting how effective "god mode" abilities are at ludicrously high levels. You can still do it if you really want to, but it'll take more than just standing around as Trinity and popping Blessing or using FE on Nova to slow down and debuff enemies forever.

since you insist on instigating poke and jab discussion.

Better at what? Low level contents? Absorb didn't get changed right, there should be a % damage taken to the Nyx, right now she is invulnerable to all damage during absorb, that's broken.

Smoke bomb and Invisibility skills are broken because stealth is broken, due to AI's incapable of figuring out why they are getting hit but none is visible.

Blessing is still usable because of Quickthinking and Rage, without these two mods, it's useless at high levels content, due to 1 hit kill.

Avoiding damage how? corpus maybe, but hitscan from Grineer, how do you dodge that?

... while leaving the AI untouched, with their stupid armor and damage curve exponentially while frames don't have that. 

- like i said, Absorb is just outright better. it's not a good better, but it's more powerful. it is broken.

- yes, we know Stealth is v0.05 currently. doesn't change the fact that Ash was made better outright. and this time, a good better.

- Blessing still serves it's purpose, yes. Quickthinking does make it easier. but it still serves it's purpose.

- anyone that isn't the Host can dodge Enemy fire pretty well. unfortunately the Host gets the short end of the stick.

- AI was going to get a once over, i don't remember where the announcement thread was. i don't know what came of it though, nor how in depth it was going to be.

Enemies do scale infinitely, and that's to be expected. if you look around, there's significant pushing for less stat scaling, and more actual difficulty increases as Levels go up. better strategy and such. they'd still have some Health and Damage scaling, but less of it. certainly won't be coming any time soon though, that's a lot of AI programming to do. which is very arguably the most difficult thing to do in Software. your complaints about AI are correct, but unjustified.

Armor actually protects Enemies, so it should be a thing. other types of Survivability infact need to be better. Shields are a joke, and Health is also a joke. only Armor actually makes Enemies last more than a few shots. giving other factions Armored Units as well as dynamic Armor would be great to make them also provide any challenge whatsoever.

since you insist on instigating poke and jab discussion.

- like i said, Absorb is just outright better. it's not a good better, but it's more powerful. it is broken.

- yes, we know Stealth is v0.05 currently. doesn't change the fact that Ash was made better outright. and this time, a good better.

- Blessing still serves it's purpose, yes. Quickthinking does make it easier. but it still serves it's purpose.

- anyone that isn't the Host can dodge Enemy fire pretty well. unfortunately the Host gets the short end of the stick.

- AI was going to get a once over, i don't remember where the announcement thread was. i don't know what came of it though, nor how in depth it was going to be.

Enemies do scale infinitely, and that's to be expected. if you look around, there's significant pushing for less stat scaling, and more actual difficulty increases as Levels go up. better strategy and such. they'd still have some Health and Damage scaling, but less of it. certainly won't be coming any time soon though, that's a lot of AI programming to do. which is very arguably the most difficult thing to do in Software. your complaints about AI are correct, but unjustified.

Armor actually protects Enemies, so it should be a thing. other types of Survivability infact need to be better. Shields are a joke, and Health is also a joke. only Armor actually makes Enemies last more than a few shots. giving other factions Armored Units as well as dynamic Armor would be great to make them also provide any challenge whatsoever.

I agreed, but I think players these days going to higher level contents not for the difficulty, but for the feels of their weapons potential. The problem for this is that the weapons are strong and are able to progress well through the higher contents due to mods, but warframes are limited at higher levels. Honestly, it feels like shooting at dummies to be honest, that is why people are so against Blessing nerf, because the easiest way to test their weapons is removed. Since weapons are too strong, and DE is balancing everything around the enemies levels of 50's, there are no enemies good enough to test their best loadout on without dying. Enemies power curve way to fast while frames don't, so strong weapons are useless because you die before you utilize your weapon's maximum potential.

OP just wants the press2win button back. Nothing to see here I guess.

You are realy stupid if can't understand after all post that nerf of warf only killing this game and you still writing the same stupid win button noob

While people can get to those levels, did DE even intended that players could in the first place. I mean if we would be to balance around there, then the whole other game would be trivial exercise to get to that point and then the game would turn into two mode game. Does not sound being a meaty game.

40 mins T3 solo Survival with Ash the other day. Only left because I got what I went there for, still didn't feel much pressure.

Really, if you 'require' a peculiar Warframe to be able to complete a mission as a team, then either your team isn't doing their job right or the 'required' Warframe happens to have some sort of perk that trivializes the missions. Competent teams can run lenghty endless missions regardless of their team composition

As for Prime Time doing a 60+ minute survival? Won't happen because their time is limited and they usually invest in some sort of challenge themed with the wednesday update.

Really, the only things being killed here are players who refuse to adapt to change after having grown cozy in their now patched out easymode strategies. Double more so as the game is currently in a state where major changes can be made at the drop of a hat; people tend to forget that nothing yet is set in stone.

Simple question to DE, can you show in Prime time the gameplay on high level (Survival III longer then 1 hour, Endless Defense III after 60 waves)?

I have no doubt in my mind that Rebecca, Megan, and two decent community members could last 1 hour.

Here's a meta build for you, using some OP easymode tactics based on recent changes.

corpus defense

Nyx over pod, 3 people run energy siphon for infinite bubble, or have trin spam e vamp, or drop energy pads

Shield polarize to kill everything

Antimatter drop for heavy units, if you want

Everyone stands in bubble using penta, angstrum, ogris, or stug (it passes through absorb)

infested defense

Nyx near pod to hold aggro and absorb attacks, infinite energy as previously explained

Another Nyx near the pod spamming absorb

teammates stand on a box shooting penta, angstrum, ogris, stug, or antimatter drop at the spamming Nyx.

I could go on but who cares, the game isn't as simple as it was with Trinity spamming bless but it's still very doable.

omg endgame is so impossible.

Edited by VegetableBasket

You are realy stupid if can't understand after all post that nerf of warf only killing this game and you still writing the same stupid win button noob

What game?

Warframe is still alive and kicking, same amount of people is playing. You butthurt doomsayers are horrible persons that are crying because you cannot use your clutch noskill frame. Whining about the nerfs wont change anything, you can either accept the game as it is, or stop playing.

Let me guess, your favorite frame is one of unholy trinity: Rhino/Nova/Trinty? With Penta/Ogris/Soma?

He's trying to prove a point about the nerfs, 

T3 survival with a valkyr and nekros can make it at least 1hour 52 minutes against any faction. That's assuming you don't get bored. 

Me and my friend are in the middle of our t3 survival and are going to see if we can reach the 3 hour survival cap post nerfs....

Oh wait, are you taking about nova, trinity, rhino, frost combos? 

Or do you mean more skilled teams? 

May i ask how you guys can keep killing anything, after one hour of survival?

coz even with min/max fully upgradet mods and weaps, my clan and I are beginning to have problems..

you using snipers/penta or what weaps do you use, that still is effective against 100+ enemies?

Edit* And i know about the AMD, Rhino Roar,  etc. etc.

I am talking solely about the weapons used? is it really only doable using rocket launcher type weaps?

Then we are really back to the same problems as before Damage 2.0 are we not?

Edited by D3ST