Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Galaxy = Solar System?

Etsoree

I agree that the Orikin may have used the Void as a shortcut through interstellar space, but it is not clear if the Sentients are alien in origin. Though, it is possible that they are alien, they have been assumed to be AI from Earth, or just what Orikin describe other beings of higher cognitive function, like other humans. We don't know.

We lack source information for an accurate speculation... But I started to think if the Sentients are not Alien in origin... we would already have found remains of their existence throughout the solar system. So I guess they are either from another dimension alltogether or from another solar system within our galaxy/universe.

Currently the only thing we happen to see is what the Orokin did to our solar system, which themselves could also be aliens in origin as some people suggested in the past.

I would find it quite funny if the Sentients are the real human left overs and were forced to retreat somewhere else and the Orokin are the alien bastards that conquered our system and twisted us to serve them, spawning off the factions as we know them today. Plot twist incoming.

Edited by MeduSalem

looks like i had misunderstood the topic before. 

a solar systems is ,yes, a small system of planets that have an orbit around a central mass of a Star. 

a galaxy is a cummulation of these systems to create a  cluster light years across.

the terrminology used could be interpreted as the "known galaxy" or that in future tense to make sure the parts of the galaxy yet to be found will be safe as well.

you dont have to be on every single planet to save a galaxy. when the outcome on a few could influence the fate of many.

edit: some grammar mistakes

Edited by FalsePride

There is definitely going to be more than just this solar system, but the standard plan is to polish the basics and make it as nice as possible before adding expansions.

Look at TERA. Beautiful-looking game, beautiful environments and a whole slew of different monsters and bosses. Too bad you only encounter them once ever on your journey to end-game, and never look back.

Most likely people say we are protecting the galaxy because they are getting it wrong.

Cynicism aside, the Terminus and Outer Terminus are supposed to be part of the old Orokin Solar Rail system that did go beyond system if I remember correctly and the rails were destroyed during the war with the Sentients.  From Devstreams we know a few things;

1. There is a new faction coming.

2. It will come from outside the solar system.

3. It will be the 'least human' of all factions.

4. Sentients are in development but may or may not be the new faction mentioned before.

Well the solar system kinda IS a galaxy. The human race hasn't really traveled far out without the use of probes. Our galaxy could very well be bigger than we thought. And a Universe is made up of thousands if not millions of galaxies. That's just my opinion. Some one else might have a different one.

No it goes Space Rocks < Meteoroid < Asteroid < Moon < Planetoid < Planet < Star < Star System < Galaxy < Universe < Multiverse (Possibly)

That is why it is impractical to make a series of solar rails for interstellar travel, at least rails of the solar scale.

hehe, tell that to Mass Effect.

interstellar travel based solely on some relics from a bygone era which hurtle ships at relativistic / FTL speeds. 

and we can tell Solar Rails are inspired by Mass Effect Relays, their general shape is... very very similar.

still super impractical, but apparently Bioware thought it was still okay. idunno.

Due to the Outer terminus being damaged, the factions we are opposing are confined to the Sol system. Thus, we are protecting the galaxy by keeping it that way.

If that's the way our Solar System was connected to others then I'll contribute some of my resources/credits to rebuild the connection. I see it as a longterm investment.

Let the Corpus and Grineer wreak havoc on other solar systems as well. On the way I'd like to smuggle out some Technocyte probes just to give the aliens some taste of our flavor. Of course never mention to those aliens that we are the cause of all their trouble so we can make a profit of the chaotic situation by fence hopping.

Break the containment. Release the profit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1to6W5roTNQ

Edited by MeduSalem

We lack source information for an accurate speculation... But I started to think if the Sentients are not Alien in origin... we would already have found remains of their existence throughout the solar system. So I guess they are either from another dimension alltogether or from another solar system within our galaxy/universe.

Currently the only thing we happen to see is what the Orokin did to our solar system, which themselves could also be aliens in origin as some people suggested in the past.

I would find it quite funny if the Sentients are the real human left overs and were forced to retreat somewhere else and the Orokin are the alien bastards that conquered our system and twisted us to serve them, spawning off the factions as we know them today. Plot twist incoming.

It is hard to say, as you note, we lack information, but it is said that the Tenno wiped them out, or believe they did. Also if the sentients where AI there could be little evidence of there existence. There are references to a Orikin Sentient that operates the Void Towers and installs the slave collars/chips that corrupt trespassers. That, Sentient could be an AI and possibly denoting that all sentients where AI that rebelled from the Orikin. Giving rise to the need for the Tenno to combat the Sentients.

I will dry to dig up the source for that information. It is exhausting to find these references. Took me two hours to find the 60 seconds of [DE]Steve talking about player being a single Tenno.

Most likely people say we are protecting the galaxy because they are getting it wrong.

Cynicism aside, the Terminus and Outer Terminus are supposed to be part of the old Orokin Solar Rail system that did go beyond system if I remember correctly and the rails were destroyed during the war with the Sentients.  From Devstreams we know a few things;

1. There is a new faction coming.

2. It will come from outside the solar system.

3. It will be the 'least human' of all factions.

4. Sentients are in development but may or may not be the new faction mentioned before.

I agree the terminus naming convention likely is alluding to something related to interstellar travel, but I doubt it is through solar rails that are being currently used. Perhaps a more advanced version, or perhaps a void gate, or some other method of interstellar travel was used at those points. Though I don't understand Mercury. Other than it being the first planet, it doesn't fit as a entry exit point to the solar system. It is just, in fact, a terminus of planets on one end, orbitally speaking.

hehe, tell that to Mass Effect.

interstellar travel based solely on some relics from a bygone era which hurtle ships at relativistic / FTL speeds. 

and we can tell Solar Rails are inspired by Mass Effect Relays, their general shape is... very very similar.

still super impractical, but apparently Bioware thought it was still okay. idunno.

DE is totally unashamed of paying homage to all the influence that shape Warframe. Having said that, the Mass Effect Relays are clearly on an oder of magnitude more powerful than the solar rails. 

DE is totally unashamed of paying homage to all the influence that shape Warframe. Having said that, the Mass Effect Relays are clearly on an oder of magnitude more powerful than the solar rails. 

You can say that again. We need an entire network of rails just to move between two planets.

They still need to add regions in the Solar System (Origin) before adding new systems beyond that, like Makemake and Haumea, or Quaoar and Deimos. Personally think moons should be separate regions from their respective planets, though. It would be a lot of work but would expand the star chart significantly. Maybe they can add an actual campaign?

I blame the education system

I blame politicians for chronically under-funding the education system. I also blame them to playing religious games with hard science and pretending that divine magic is a viable substituted.

I blame politicians for chronically under-funding the education system. I also blame them to playing religious games with hard science and pretending that divine magic is a viable substituted.

Well put.

The system is flawed, any way you look at it.

The Milkey Way (our galaxy) is made up of around 100 to 400 billion stars. It's an average size galaxy.

There's estimated to be around 100 to 500 billion galaxies.

Our star is an average size star with (assumed) average number of planets.

That's at least 10 million billion billion stars and 80 million billion billion planets. Or 80 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 planets.

At least.

I find it funny when i see people say things like this about the universe as if they actually explored or created it

Truth is we don't know how many or how old anything is in the universe, hell we can't even get pass our own moon

I find it funny when i see people say things like this about the universe as if they actually explored or created it

Truth is we don't know how many or how old anything is in the universe, hell we can't even get pass our own moon

It's not like we haven't given it a lot of thought and examination. The keywords in that post were "estimated" and "assumed", he' just relaying the details that are the current theory.