Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retiring Void Gear To The Orokin Lab In The Dojo...

CrazyCatLad

Thoughts?

After X amount of months, X weapon is moved to the Orokin Lab in the dojo to be researched.  This could avoid drop table dilution.

Once moved it can no longer be traded at all?

(would flesh it out more but I gots'ta run!)

Leave your rage or thoughts.

EDIT: Sure, BP's in Orokin Lab, parts in the Void.  Fine by me.  Cleans up some of the drop tables.  

Edited by Lanieu

"B-But I farmed for those things! I paid plat!"

Granted, it could be a little of a fair point for quite some instances, but I do not see why would there be so much opposition to getting at least a few primes into the orokin lab. At least not in a way it can synergize or have as much hardwotk needed (minus the RNG horridness).

(Based on what I've seen).

Edited by RahuStalker

I would be ok with blueprints being in a research, but they would have to do something about the blueprints that people already have.

Maybe, drop "Orokin design fragments" like the coordinates drop and use those to research with. This way current blueprints that people have could be converted to fragments that could go towards research.

To elaborate on what I said, I like the idea that "we know its out there" and the orokin labs DO have prime weapon holograms in them so we at least KNOW what they look like. So having the BPs come from them not only makes perfect sense, but would help cause less strain on the drop tables in the void.

But I also like to play devils advocate so let me do that with myself, Having them be in labs also causes a major issue, it means that you HAVE to be in a clan to get void weapons. There are some solo players out there, and while I understand "You can just make a dojo for yourself" that takes a LOT of work to do that and its not viable for some people.

Anything that takes away of RNG I generally support. If it wasn't for the tenno lab frames, I would still most likely not have a Volt, so I'm all for stuff getting added into a dojo lab just to avoid having to play the same place a thousand times, getting a hundred copies of a plethora of the same things with the small chance of getting one item. Heck, buying a prime comes with it's own benefits already (same as all purchases - no wait, free slot, free potato), so it's not like throwing them in the labs would really make a difference as far as that goes. The only real downside would be the potential of the Lab to get rather crowded (and of course those who will always complain) or the lessening of RNG for those who love RNG.

Alternatively, I'd also say having Void bosses that drop the three required prime frame parts, whilst the overall BP comes from a research lab would be a great alternative too - but considering the amount of time it would take to make a new boss for every single prime frame that would be fun/unique to play, all while they are still working on current ones could be a bit long-reaching in timespan. That would at least get the frame parts out of the normal stages, leaving us to only need to go there for the weapons (which will regardless end up outnumbering frames anyways one would assume).

Edit: 

But I also like to play devils advocate so let me do that with myself, Having them be in labs also causes a major issue, it means that you HAVE to be in a clan to get void weapons. There are some solo players out there, and while I understand "You can just make a dojo for yourself" that takes a LOT of work to do that and its not viable for some people.

A valid counterpoint sir. Admittedly, if you have RNG luck like me, you spend the same amount of time trying to get what you need in the void as you would developing the labs in the Dojo (and I'm one of the folks who built half his dojo solo anyways, until a friend joined and contributed to the other half).

Edited by KorbanGado

Just thought of something, if they put the BPs in research, people would have to be in a clan in order to get Primes. (I'm in a clan so personally I don't care)

Maybe make a research bay for the player ships that give the prints. (quest in the void to retrieve the module for the ship?)

I think labs should give you the BPs, and make you hunt the parts.

That would probably work pretty well for a while; removing all main blueprints from the tables would free up a lot of space.

I think the only unfortunate downside is that people would immediately complain it was another 'clan only' asset in doing so. Maybe what they previewed would add the same functionality, however.

It would have been nice to have a much more sophisticated crafting system. We acquire so maybe spare parts that can be used for something other than dust collection.

Those parts could be broken into pieces to build other parts! Having blueprints in the Orokin lab would make so much more sense though. Those blue prints can be built, for example by collecting other schematics though out the solar system. Although this might just be another rng wall...behind another rng wall... hmmm

Personally, I don't like the Tenno lab at all. It already feels like a place DE just chucks things they have no other room for anymore. I liked it when each frame had a corresponding boss, with corresponding abilities, that we had to kill in order to unlock that frame. Now we have three frames in there we can just outright buy (granted Zephyr still requires oxium) and that diminishes the value of those frames, in my opinion. On top of this, weapons in the Tenno Lab have little distinction between them and weapons we can buy on the regular market. Its just one more reason for players being all but required to join a clan. The other labs at least require farming of specialized components (mutagen, fieldron, detonite) and while a couple weapons in the Tenno Lab require oxium or argon, plenty of what we can buy in the Tenno Lab has no real uniting quality. One could say, "but they are all tenno designs" but there are also plenty of other weapons of Tenno design available through the basic market (Boltor, bolto, Tigris, Scindo, and those are just a few examples).

I think this game needs to expand and offer more gameplay options for advancing and acquiring new equipment instead of over-saturating drop tables and chucking 'leftovers' in the Tenno Lab. Fortunately with the introduction of new bosses, new missions, T4 keys, and potentially a new faction, I'm hoping this problem will be resolved in the near future. 

-snip-

Isn't there an Orokin lab in the dojo now for Dark Sector Rail construction? I think that would be a much better place to put the Prime blueprints than in the Tenno lab considering that the weapons are Orokin in design and not exactly Tenno.

I think probably a better idea would be adding non-specific void resources which could be crafted into a "Retired" weapon of choice.

That way, you're still grinding for resources, admittedly, probably a bit easier than when the weapon was "New" but, you're still required to do void runs to get them in the first place.

Probably have to be a random reward though.

Edited by Cingal