The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No One Uses Voicechat

-FrostByte-

Played with WF MUTED.

No comment on VoiceChat, it's dumb.

Worst case. The person speaking isnt using a langues you know or understood.

Since PUB = can join with any player within lag limits.

Edited by low1991

I've heard someone use voicechat twice.

First was when I was a newbie and we were fighting Hyena (for the first time for me), a guy told us what to do to so we could wear down its colossal shield.

The second time was recently in a defense on Jupiter, an Italian guy said "thank you Vauban" in a thick accent to me when we extracted, they had been writing in Italian the whole mission.

When I play with friends I use Skype, better sound quality and it works during load time and off mission.

Edited by Mastikator2

i run some crazy strats. I need some people to listen. I want to go balls to the walls with 10hp dancing around a toxic infested just slowly slapping them with my bo prime. I get close enough to let him feel it but far enough where he can't infesst me.

that or

I want to ask them if they need energy mods or hit the life support or even do something or get something while my left hand is busy taping wasd space 1~4 sometimes e maybe q ontop of that my eyes are focused on the dot in the center of my screen and ain't no body got time to type out things, I have to stop playing the game and open the chat box type out my message then hit enter and then resume the game when i can just hold l-alt and say "yo dawg come help me clear the top floor on the left behind u"

Trust me, you're probably better off not talking to them.

Most of the time it's a baby crying, terrible rap music, dogs barking, or people yelling at other people.

Or they have the most God awful microphone ever and you hear a buzz the entire time.

.......Or they sing, and oh God do they sing.

You forgot the best one, some players seem to like watching pr0n or at least broadcasting it while they play, talk about distracting.

yes, yes I went there.

I use steam chat (which is run by Skype) to talk to my friends while I play.

I don't usually talk to randoms due to the fact that they usually don't have anything nice to say.

So what you are saying is Microsoft is running steams voice service?

Just so you know Steam use their own p2p voip service and don't lease their services from anyone.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

1) most ppl in games that do speak are irritating kids

2) theres no reason or way to use voice chat beyond pointless drivvel, the only place you could use it properly is Interception as that actually has marked points on the map your able to speak of to others, points A/B/C/D, in defence theres no focal points to mention, exterminate its un-needed, mobile defence also pointless, etc etc etc.

basically its a waste of time at present, which is why 99.9% of us dont use it.

I don't know why people keep saying it's always little kids on the mic. This isn't CoD. I have always had the pleasure of speaking to other adults when I play, and boy do I play a lot. Maybe I just get lucky with the random pairings.

I find it more annoying than useful to listen to other people on a mic.

The only time I can say I enjoyed hearing a mic was when somebody played classic rock on their mic when I played Battlefield.

The mic is much used in Planetside 2, then again its something needed when in a Platoon/Squad that wants to coordinate. Since we are going against the most dangerous enemy found in every game: The HI (Human Intelligence) and the HS (Human Skill)

Its just that.... we dont have any need for that in Warframe, everyone knows what is going to happen, where to go, what to do:

Extermination: Just kill everything

Spy: Grab the datamass and extract

Deception: Get datamass from A to B and extract

Mobile Defence: Get datamass from A to B then C (and protect D) and extract

Defence: Protect the pod

Survival: Survive, kill fast, stick togheter for more spawns, extract when no longer can continue

Interception: Protect A,B,C,D and kill all, grab wanted reward

Capture: Kill all in path, kill target, capture target, extract.

*lights flicker* depending on what it is someone just types: "Stalker, Harvester, G3", and people know what to do depending on the enemy.

There is nothing to talk about, no need for on-the-fly strategy, everyone knows what to do, unless we are chitchatting, even then we use the "Chat Window" instead of "Push-to-Talk"

I just don't want to use it.

I will use it if in a private group with friends but in a PUG? Hell no. If somebody else starts using the voice chat and are annoying, I mute them or just exit the mission. I am not in the game to be annoyed or deal with idiots. I can do that at work.

I turned it off almost immediately after downloading Warframe. To me, it has never been a game that requires voice chat at all. I'm not a talker, and it's just not something needed to do well in the game.

Text chat helps for special circumstances, but beyond that, communication is just not important.

I turned it off almost immediately after downloading Warframe. To me, it has never been a game that requires voice chat at all. I'm not a talker, and it's just not something needed to do well in the game.

Text chat helps for special circumstances, but beyond that, communication is just not important.

The only time I find vc useful is when you're in Defence or Survival and have no time to stop what you're doing (since you'll be gunned down) to type. Other than that, I agree with you.

I've found myself having to stop and answer questions lately and kinda wish it did work more reliably.

It isn't necessary for basic gameplay, but when barraged with "What gun is that?" questions, you feel churlish for not answering, but have to drop whatever you're doing to type in text.