Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime

StealthHawk2024

Nerf normal soma to the ground.

Give soma prime slightly buffed current-soma stats.

Man people still think the Soma is good. You should have seen it in it's Prime! The dmg was way stronger than it is now. It's just a pee shooter now. The Grakata is better than it is now. I was disappointed when they nerfed it to the ground.

I think it's pretty much a shoe-in. Only question is when.

The return of red crits for 100%+ crit rates pretty much clinches it. It's just the natural progression of a tenno weapon to its orokin originator.

My guess is you'll see a Soma with about 20-30% more base damage, same damage mix, 75% crit rate, and most likely the same crit multiplier. Throw in a slightly higher rare of fire and a lot of gold alloy on a more baroque design and you have Soma Prime.

To people saying any Tenno weapon can receive a Prime...not if it is an "original design" of the Tenno..made in the current time.

I like to believe that the Soma is such a case. That it is newly developed...rather than an Orokin copy. After all...how many weapons can the Tenno possibly discover from the past? At some point their beloved Lotus AI and Tenno associates/friends will have to craft some own stuff.

Edited by Shehriazad

I'd rather have the Soma Prime be an optional upgrade, similar to the Fang Prime. While it has a better stat such as crit chance, it should also have something like a lower fire rate or perhaps even a slower reload time.

Archer---Do-you-want-ants.jpg

Youre kind of using this meme wrong and if youre against reasonable nerfs noones gonna take you seriously if they have half a mind to think with

Soma stinks anyways

Its like iron skin

It reaches a point where its no longer all that effective

When youre wasting half a clip killing each enemy while bow users are still one shotting youll know...

Edited by Azawarau

Easy, just buff it so ever slightly like Gorgan wraith. Higher critical chance to hit over 100 percent when modded properly and 1 second less reload so reload cancel is really 1 second if you do it. Everything else stays the same.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

um nerd mode?, i just told you that it wasnt done by a fan, it was done by a  new DE member of the art team, which is in no way fan art, dont get all picky when someone tells you your wrong, and you were wrong, i tried being polite and just pointing out where the original pic came from, i dont expect that kind of response when i pass on a bit of information that you obviously didnt know, there no reason for it

Source? I saw it posted quite a ways back and it was fan art.

I think the Braton series is a teensy bit of an exception, considering that it's the weapon that the players start out with along with the Skana and Lato. To my understanding, there isn't any other Prime out there that isn't based on a Tenno weapon. (Backwards in the lore, of course, but you see what I mean.)

That is correct! It also fell out of circulation as a primary of all Corpus and Grineer units (as they got their own, and Corpus use laser weapons). The times it has come up, the lore explanation is that the Braton was something that the Corpse reverse-engineered, but was still originally a Tenno weapon. Obviously we all ship out with the issued sub-standard MK-1 Braton, because Lotus is SO CHEAP it hurts.

Source? I saw it posted quite a ways back and it was fan art.

Source of fanart thread? I remember seeing it posted and the revs deleted any thread where the picture was posted. It was found on own of their concept artists' blogs or something.

A bit off-topic, but

Youre kind of using this meme wrong

Can be applied to too damn many people on the forums these days, especially in the now immaturity-ridden nerf/balance discussions (read: flame wars) that plague these forums.

Seriously, guys. It's bad enough that your memes add nothing to the discussion, but if you're deadset on using them, at least use them right. It's probably a symptom of me being on the forums far too much, but I find misused memes to be ridiculously annoying.

I must say, wether or not this is fan art, I love the looks. if the only change they would make to an upgraded soma would just a slight crit chance increase to have it a little over 100% would make it a lot stronger, though randomly stronger. making it have 100% crit chance already makes it stronger because, even with max point strike, you won't always deal crits.

with a little over 100% you get red crits... idk what the damage multiplier is but it would make you deal some high damage at random times.

TL;DR: the only acceptable stat change for if a Soma Prime were to come out is increase in crit chance to about 40-50%.

Soma Prime = give it Soma 1.0 stats

35% chance to crit.

With maxed PS it has 87.5% chance of crit. 

Throw on crit delay and it will get into red crits territory.

Tada that is your Soma Prime ?

Edited by fatpig84

Is critical delay worth putting on the soma? I have a critical delay but I have never tried it on a soma

Not really on current Soma.

It will only have 89.7% chance of crit with Point Strike, but you practically drop from 15 bullets a second into a mere 10.

That isn't worth it.

Now if Soma Prime or Soma 1.0 exist, it might be slightly more viable since it gets 111% crits, so there  is a chance for red crit. On paper, your burst DPS goes down, but you compensate with assured critical damage.

So it depends on how you roll.

Edited by fatpig84

I think I heard it multiple times now that frames released after Vauban will not receive a Prime because they're either original Tenno designs or influenced by other forces (example Valkyr).

Which means gear has a sort of timeline. As I mentioned before...the Soma might be an ORIGINAL Tenno design. Not every Tenno weapon will receive Primes....simply because not every weapon is actually ancient Orokin based tech that has been rediscovered/copied. 

Furthermore the look of the Soma seems to support this....most of the current prime weapons have a slightly different style in my opinion. Weapons like Soma and Stiletto don't feel like old copies of Orokin tech...but newly engineered weapons.