Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T4 Void Grenade!

ArtyomEnRage

Wait. They throw grenades?

Crewman. Lancers, and Hek 1.0 throw/threw "Plasma Grenades", small, dull objects that explode after a time. It makes sense that Corrupted soldiers have this weapon still. In T4, the high damage scaling causes grenades to rapidly become very, very dangerous.

I have to disagree about outright REMOVING it. I'm against doing that when a concept has potential for gameplay depth. However, it NEEDS a lot of improvement, especially with the introduction of T4.

Learn to nonstop moving and roll mate, the rolling will make you receibe less damage during the animation and put you a little away from the granades that may have landed near your.

Though this is sound advice for players, I don't think telling the cryopod to roll out of the way will work (yes I had an RNG situation where more than one of them threw a grenade, and it killed the cryo; nothing we could do to stop that).

Not random, basic Corrupted throw grenades, which do around a thousand. Better start paying attention.

Paying attention doesn't help often in those situations when you already have so much on your plate. Also, unlike things such as Seeker's sticky grenades, those grenades cannot be stopped and will have the ability to one-shot the cryopod as you progress.

I'll be honest and say that it's simply a bad design. The throw animation is too fast, it has ridiculously high damage, ridiculously large AoE, no clear visual indication and virtually impossible to see in the middle of chaos, no clear sound indication, no UI indication, and fuse time is super short, but most importantly, there's no way to stop the grenades. It's a bad design because of all these factors combined.

And here's a few simple things to do so they can be noticed better:

- add a grenade icon indicating where it is. This is used in many games, including FPS and TPS like Uncharted.
- add a glowing light from the grenade itself.
- make the fuse timer longer
- make it go beep beep beep and ramp up faster as it's about to explode.

Those are some simple cues that many other games, out of design LOGIC, uses. If something is extremely powerful, a good balanced design (as opposed to bad cheap) will make it very telegraphed. That's basic stuff in action shooters. If they bothered making Lotus spam "heavy grineer approaching", then they better make obvious cues when ridiculous things like the T4 grenades exist.

After that, they can then adjust, such as:

- make the animation slightly slower and visually clearer so that we can shoot the unit

--- doing so would make them drop the grenade and potentially killing their own allies

- make it that you can shoot the grenade itself to disable it (don't ask me how that works, but there needs a way to stop it)

- reduce the damage slightly

Edited by Casardis

I agree that grenades need to have a higher visibility, but if you're not paying attention, it's your own damn fault.  Don't ask DE to just remove something that's your own fault bro.  Jump...away...from...them.... or just don't stand still, tenno are supposed to be an insanely high-speed moving target of badassedness, so seriously man, it's your technique, not the enemy's fault.

I agree that grenades need to have a higher visibility, but if you're not paying attention, it's your own damn fault.  Don't ask DE to just remove something that's your own fault bro.  Jump...away...from...them.... or just don't stand still, tenno are supposed to be an insanely high-speed moving target of badassedness, so seriously man, it's your technique, not the enemy's fault.

that would be fine IF, and I say IF the grenade had some visual indications in the heat of battle, like casardis just covered, it seems ridiculous that I can't see a grenade and wonder what killed me AND my whole team in one fell swoop in that mission. i'm kind've baffled how a unit has an unforgiving chance to randomly wipe you in one fell swoop, and you say its my fault for being unlucky with one unit? honestly, this is why I bring loki to just strip them of their weapons, its apparently the only thing that doesn't allow them to call upon the RNG gods to grant them their grenades.

Edited by TylerFreeman

With increased viability, Would be nice if you had time to parry or re-throw a tossed grenade and use their own weapon against others. As well as have powers effect them in various ways. Or how different guns effect them. Like energy weapons deflect and move, others will detonate. Then let the enemies use more and varied grenades. Flash bangs, emp, mini bastilles etc. Then players dont need or want grenade equipment anymore. You have the enemy supplying your own tools for mayhem.

I have to disagree about outright REMOVING it. I'm against doing that when a concept has potential for gameplay depth. However, it NEEDS a lot of improvement, especially with the introduction of T4.

...snip...

basically yes to everything you said, +9999