Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Confirmed (Mirage) Megathread

Deaths.Reap3r

The answer to this question is no. There's usually at least 2-3+ warframes concepts posted in the Fan sections DAILY for DE to get inspiration from.

Traps are only one of her powers. The rest of her powers are probably going to be similar to Vauban and Loki. Are those frames useless or boring? No.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

There is no way to decide how useful the frame will be really. For this skill alone we do not know how it will work, let alone that there are 3 skills that have not been released at all.

Not saying the frame will be good either, but just do not jump to conclusions...

I remember desecrate being ridiculed before Nekros came out, and look at it now. A placeholder ability and frame on survival missions. Just sayin that the idea can be bad at first, but it could be different when applied. 

Eh, if Pokemon has been chugging along now with new monsters each generation, pretty sure DE has enough ideas to pick out to make Warframes of lol.

it was mentioned on a livestream that she can do things like turn a locker into a corpus-eating monster i.e. the mimic from a certain popular fantasy franchise.

TBF, a Mimic type of enemy has been around for quite a while, as I'm assuming you mean Dark Souls. It's been in Castlevania and even Megaman Legends, for example.

It's also supposed to trap control panels to prevent alarms from going off, which might be very useful on interception missions to prevent nodes from being captured. However, I cant see any other reliable use for this ability in the current game at all.

We currently know a vague description of one of the new frames powers.

We don't know how useful or not useful it will actually be - You say "Oh how useful can trapping X be" but we don't know the radius of any of the effects, some of them could be pretty large radius equivalent of a room clearing ability (When considering how many Containers and Lockers can be found in rooms and the guaranteed control panel in every tileset). We also don't know if the ability has another effect that is independent of static items (For example, look at Volt's Overload - Even without electronics it provides an AoE stun)

You also say "Oh a trapping frame isn't going to be useful"  when we only know one ability. The other 3 abilities might not even be trap related. They might be like Vauban's skills (Which are all grenades yet function as "Traps")

Before you judge a frame and say there's no more useful ideas left, actually wait until we know what the frame actually is and not just laugh about how useful or not a single ability is (Look at Hydroid - If someone told you about Undertow in the same fashion and mentioned that the new frame could turn into a puddle - You'd also think that the frame is useless, meanwhile his other 3 skills are infact quite useful and decently strong as well as fitting into the rush through rooms clearing everything with powers meta)

They gave an example of what the frame could do. They never said that that specifically was going to be on of her abilities.

also, excuse you?

Zephyr is far more useful than you think, her fly move does damage and knocks down enemies instantly around her when it launches her into the air and if you jump manually and then fly it knocks down everyone around her when she flys by them.  even in cramped corridors flying through a hoard of enemies to pick up your downed teammate is a very usefull ability. Her tornadoes are also perfect in the cramped corridors. since its just mass AoE long term crowd control. in an open space they grab enemies and fling them away, nice it takes them out of the fight for a few seconds. in cramped corridors they are pinned to the ceiling.and left to your mercy.

tl:dr dont say  a frame is useless if you have never used it and only know about 1 ability

You have some valid points, but there is also, there is the trouble of ownership of the design

In the case of a fan created/forum created frame/idea/art, for DE to use it, the artists have to write they give up their creations to DE, everybody envolved in the creation of that Warframe/idea has to do the same, or else DE can face a intelectual property lawsuit.

Rebecca said that on a forum post some moons ago, and I dont see on Typhon frame link nothing related to that.

If the aritsts want some kind of credti, it would require a legal deal, and I think it is easier to DE ask to the Art Department to get inspiration from that. But that lead to make it not look the same and not have the same powers.

ZOMG GUYS TIZ FRAME GUN' BE USELESS, YA KNOW WHY?! BECAUSE THAT ONE ABILITY!!!!

The frame isn't even released yet and we have yet to know of her stats, abilities besides one etc etc. So you could've made this after you mastered/used it enough before making this type of thread. What would your idea be? Generic ones like light? Terra? 

I remember the times when people were complaining as soon as the Desecrate got mentioned for the first time.

And the times when people were posting how bad Nova would be once it's released. (Bad as in no one would be using it).

Anyway, don't you think it's a bit absurd to judge a frame based on one skill that got announced?

So, my understanding is thus: The Harlequin frame has the internal name of "Mimic". I think it's signature powers will be gaining strength from the strongest of enemies you're facing, I see _huge_ potential for that being useful in high level defense/survival. The power we have been told about is the coolest non-signature power, one of the lesser ones.

Now I'm just one guy, but I don't like Typhus as a Warframe. I don't like the design, it's too "fleshy" and too chitinous. The Warframe aesthetics is a combination of smooth metallic/plastic, pseudo-organic-yet-clean and classic sci-fi hard-tech. The infestation exists for a reason, it is _that_ group that provides the organic-body-horror quotient the Tenno and their Warframes need to be above that IMHO. Also I don't like Warframe ideas that lays claim to too much of the "soul" of the Tenno. For me any Tenno needs to be able to pilot any Warframe.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine design for another game, but IMHO not Warframe. And I see a lot of that in the forums, designs that are great... but for another game, ones that just don't fit Warframe.

Edited by SilentMobius