Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Osprey... (Poll)

Twilight053

They're a small airborne unit with a wonky hitbox, not to mention their mere presence causes you to die, because flyby invisible death farts. 

They either need a lot of fixing, or outright removal. The only thing I really like about them is their carrying ability, which would be cool as hell if:

1. Crawlers actually did anything.

2. They were better at it.

If their Silent-But-Deadly butthole ability was removed and they gained the ability to carry more substantial units I would love them, but until then they seem like a pointlessly cruel gimmick.

Edited by fishworshipper

They're a bit too good at what they do - it's almost like Toxin is the new Bleeding at high levels now. While I find their ability to airdrop in crawlers innovative, it very quickly gets overshadowed by overpowered fart clouds everyone seems to be running into. Unlike Grineer Eviscerators, they're very hard to hit unless you use AoE or spend your time focusing on them, which only makes them that much more unfun.

Overall the Mutalist Osprey is a definitely a welcome addition to the game, but that toxin damage needs to be reworked.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Well, to determine if they're annoying, let's think of some annoying factors.

1. Hard to scan. Check.

2. Hard to shoot in general. Check.

3. Hits through shields. Check.

4. Attacks are difficult to avoid. Check.

5. Procs unpleasant status often. Check.

6. Knockdown/stun.

7. Deals >500 damage per hit.

8. Can't be melee'd properly. Check.

So it only has 3/4 of the annoying features I could think of while I went through the entire Codex.

(the whole "figure out a new enemy while annoying scare chords play, a new dark tileset stops you from seeing and an entire faction has new sounds" was fun too)

They're not too bad if you're rushing - So Exterminates and Breeding Grounds they're pretty irrelevant.

Since if you are rushing you're not taking the ticks of toxin damage to your health and you're less likely to be inside the clouds to get toxin procs.

However, if you take your time or are defending a location, then they are hell.

Shield bypassing damage in a large area with constant checks for toxin procs (With a seemingly high chance to proc) it's pretty annoying to deal with - For high level stuff I can imagine team health restores being REQUIRED to stay alive... I imagine it'll only get worse when other new infested appear.

While I don't have much issue with the damage on my Valkyr who runs with Vitality + Vigor + Hysteria for survivability, it does suck that if I'm not rushing I essentially have to play without a Sentinel (Who yes, does have Vitality and Regen on it)

I like them over all, but they certainly need tweaking.

I never noticed their poison clouds dealing the amount of damage that people are claiming, though I have yet to face them outside of the Breeding Grounds.

My main complaint is that it is often hard to tell where exactly their gas clouds start, which makes dodging much more difficult and frustrating.

Also, someone suggested in another thread that they should deal viral status instead of toxic, which I think would be very interesting and quite unique as well.

They're a small airborne unit with a wonky hitbox, not to mention their mere presence causes you to die, because flyby invisible death farts. 

They either need a lot of fixing, or outright removal. The only thing I really like about them is their carrying ability, which would be cool as hell if:

1. Crawlers actually did anything.

2. They were better at it.

If their Silent-But-Deadly butthole ability was removed and they gained the ability to carry more substantial units I would love them, but until then they seem like a pointlessly cruel gimmick.

These are ridiculous. Even lower level ones can gib your sentinel. good luck going past wave 25 on sechura without being gibbed by them. Was one shot from full health with my nova at wave 25. Have 700 health on my nova...I'm all for having new infested, but these are stupid op. Remove the toxic, fix the hitbox, and allow them to shoot spikes or whatever. not some invisible gas cloud that you run into and instantly die..

I like them.  They add a level of challenge to the infested that is currently missing.  And giving us a reason to use all these antitoxin mods is also welcome.  My only complaint is their hitbox seems a little weird (and maybe that's my fault).

They should stay but need several changes,  first of all in their movement and hitbox and tendency to get stuck in some far-away corner of a level.

Damage could be tweaked, poison directly killing HP is too brutal for some frames with low HP and no armor. 

Nope. Didn't made a difference.. Walking through the cloud was instant death.. Lol

Warframe0167_zpsa184eba0.jpg

Warframe0165_zpsccae6140.jpg

Ummm....honey....you're playing Loki. A good sneeze will kill you. And where is your vigor or vit mod? He has the lowest base health in the game and you expected a different outcome? Plan accordingly should be the lesson here.

I for one am glad they are pushing more for people to play smart. It is about damn time.

Edited by Zaresin