Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ospreys Need Some Nerfing

MisturTentacles

toxic damage bypasses shields and armor on tenno

on infested it does little damage. on grineer it barely bypas 25% of their armor. on corpus it only goes over the shield.

rather amusing that tenno are very vulnerable to toxic, what infested use the most.

cheap shots and rng, DE's staple game design philosophy. thought they had been moving away from that kind of cr@p. lets list these eh?

we have stalker who can cancel any frame abilities

fast flying toxic clouds that somehow bypass shields, though toxic in general somehow bypasses shields even though our shields keep us from dying instantly in a VACUUM. funny how they can withstand the rigors of space yet a gas cloud goes right through.

bleed procs that also bypass shields.

and corpus/ancients/corrupted instant to zero energy leaches.

previous

broken lights and the arc traps

there's a pattern here of consistent cheap shots that work better in a single player game, not in this one. a standalone game that kind of stuff is irritating, but not the absolute wreck that it is in this.

host issues, solo players, limited revives, no saves. you cannot always choose where you fight.

so i guess the idjits that say that this is a challenge, only use a few frames eh? huge hp pools and you  can survive multiple hits, tons of cash, which newer players won;;t have and you can throw out health restores everywhere. i've and others have said in another thread there are elements to game design that must be taken into account. DE tends to ignore most all of them.

host system is still buggy as hell which means many solo, the toxic jets kills soloers. newer players don't have the resources to constantly make health items. not everyone wants to use only 1 or 2 frames that can easily survive everything thrown at them. so once again, it's this topic.

cause DE still doesn't get that a challenge isn't cheap sucker punches. figure at some point update 23 or so we'll log in and rng will determine if we instantly die, their ultimate 'challenge'

DO NOT NERF THEM

CHALLENGE IS WHAT WE NEED

Never mind the instant toxin proc from a hit of a cloud that you can barely see at the best of times, right?

Seriously, that isn't challenge.

A challenge would be a kick in the nuts that you can avoid if you have the skill.

This is a kick in the nuts that you can rarely avoid because of the visibility and cloud radius and high-damage DOT that likes to proc when it feels like it (which is usually on the first hit or two of the cloud). There is no skill in this. There's no fun to be had in opening a door to have one of these pricks fly over you farting nerve gas before you can react.

You lot need to learn the difference between challenging and annoying. People don't complain about this because it's "oh so hard omg help I'm a noob", they complain because it's not fun. God forbid a game should be fun though, right?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I think that since they mimic the oxium osprey (minus the shooting) they should be the same size. That would make them a really easy target and not as annoying.

Hell, just change their model to the Oxium Osprey but with the infested bits. Maybe make them drop Oxium too? (DE pls.)

cheap shots and rng, DE's staple game design philosophy. thought they had been moving away from that kind of cr@p. lets list these eh?

we have stalker who can cancel any frame abilities

fast flying toxic clouds that somehow bypass shields, though toxic in general somehow bypasses shields even though our shields keep us from dying instantly in a VACUUM. funny how they can withstand the rigors of space yet a gas cloud goes right through.

bleed procs that also bypass shields.

and corpus/ancients/corrupted instant to zero energy leaches.

previous

broken lights and the arc traps

there's a pattern here of consistent cheap shots that work better in a single player game, not in this one. a standalone game that kind of stuff is irritating, but not the absolute wreck that it is in this.

host issues, solo players, limited revives, no saves. you cannot always choose where you fight.

so i guess the idjits that say that this is a challenge, only use a few frames eh? huge hp pools and you  can survive multiple hits, tons of cash, which newer players won;;t have and you can throw out health restores everywhere. i've and others have said in another thread there are elements to game design that must be taken into account. DE tends to ignore most all of them.

host system is still buggy as hell which means many solo, the toxic jets kills soloers. newer players don't have the resources to constantly make health items. not everyone wants to use only 1 or 2 frames that can easily survive everything thrown at them. so once again, it's this topic.

cause DE still doesn't get that a challenge isn't cheap sucker punches. figure at some point update 23 or so we'll log in and rng will determine if we instantly die, their ultimate 'challenge'

Then again not all frames are built to withstand hundreds of direct damage to health and like you said not all players have the resources to make health restores so that is one reason to nerf these new ospreys

Do you even know how much they dash around the place? If you skip them more of them will just spawn and in the end you're still stuck with them 

cant say i had that issue with loki, nova, excal or hydroid, ran the hell away or just ignored them, popped objective and ran to the next hive, they werent a problem of any sort.

Yes it created a challenge for all of us but there is still the fact that these ospreys deal a lot of toxic damage, get proc'd and you're done for, and I don't really have trouble rushing with iron skin but think about the other people out there struggling to rush a mission with these ospreys destroying their health bars. Don't you think getting to mastery 16 is a challenge as it is? Spending months on Warframe buying this buying that farm there farm that I know it's fun but it can get tiring and not all people like that

Try the Toxin damage reduction mod 30% DR makes it do only 105 damage.

Additionally if it makes it harder to rush you may be seeing the point of them. Slow down and you won't die. Also if you can't go over 30 waves I don't think they care that much.

Edited by (PS4)geomancer1980

cant say i had that issue with loki, nova, excal or hydroid, ran the hell away or just ignored them, popped objective and ran to the next hive, they werent a problem of any sort.

I'm talking about survival missions and in the event mission almost everybody ignores them because the important thing is the hive not the enemies

Additionally if it makes it harder to rush you may be seeing the point of them. Slow down and you won't die.

105 at medium levels probably 10-15 but most of the time the enemies I face are always 25 and up for more exp. Rushing isn't a problem for me since I have iron skin but how about other frames like loki or ash? Even though you slow down you still can't see that much because like most people said, the toxic cloud can be hardly seen because of the dark colors in the game 

Additionally if it makes it harder to rush you may be seeing the point of them. Slow down and you won't die. Also if you can't go over 30 waves I don't think they care that much.

Most players also say that antitoxin doesn't do much against their toxic damage as it is too high and that is one reason for nerf

The game should not be balanced to cater to speed leveling weapons. So now you can't level 30 your melee in one round of dark sector survival (I'm playing the tiniest violin as I type), that should not force a nerf that will affect gameplay for everyone else. Some of us do want a challenge, the new Tower 4 keys should be harder as well as Void Vor, and people are asking for a nerf on those. Seriously, balance should not be based on how quickly you can level weapons on it, the point the OP is trying to argue makes no sense. Playing more missions == more XP.

The game should not be balanced to cater to speed leveling weapons. So now you can't level 30 your melee in one round of dark sector survival (I'm playing the tiniest violin as I type), that should not force a nerf that will affect gameplay for everyone else. Some of us do want a challenge, the new Tower 4 keys should be harder as well as Void Vor, and people are asking for a nerf on those. Seriously, balance should not be based on how quickly you can level weapons on it, the point the OP is trying to argue makes no sense. Playing more missions == more XP.

That's why we need the nerf, because these ospreys do lots of damage that bypass shield and armor, i tried max vitality on rhino and I died because of those ospreys, and even worse when my team tried to revive me they died as well. I also agree that more missions = more xp but there is also a saying called more time on missions = more exp and more efficiency

I felt the need to add my experiences with the drones, to, at the very least, vent a little of the frustration I'm facing.

Something I don't see in other posts(and I admit, I simply skimmed and didn't thoroughly read the thread first) is the effect of those drones on defense and mobile defense missions.  The time that the clouds last, the number of drones that showed up, and how good they are at spreading that toxin combine to make defense and mobile defense against the infestation very nearly impossible, at least for newer players like me.  

I admit, I've only been playing for a month, but I haven't been downed more than twice total in Venus missions since my first week of playing.  Venus is supposed to be the second weakest area in the game, yet every member of my party was dying faster than unranked frames fighting on Pluto.  Between us, we needed an average of 20 revives, as a total for everybody playing the last mobile defense mission on the recent Venus outbreak.   I was using a level 30 frame, first a Rhino, then when that ran out of revives, a Nyx.  I even switched to level 30 potatoed gear in hopes of killing them off fast enough.  Still, there was nothing I could do to keep from dropping dead repeatedly.  Even trying to stay back and snipe them as they attacked the console just resulted in swarms of drones coming after us, leaving the entire room full of clouds of poison that bypass all shields that none of us could do anything about.

Please, modify this.  Less persistent clouds.  Less damage.  Fewer drones.  Make the drones have to drop something that generates the fog(especially if that thing can be destroyed).  As is, they fly around the room constantly generating gas and leaving a toxic miasma that requires you to have an Oberon or regen aura to survive at all, even on bleeping Venus.

I felt the need to add my experiences with the drones, to, at the very least, vent a little of the frustration I'm facing.

Something I don't see in other posts(and I admit, I simply skimmed and didn't thoroughly read the thread first) is the effect of those drones on defense and mobile defense missions.  The time that the clouds last, the number of drones that showed up, and how good they are at spreading that toxin combine to make defense and mobile defense against the infestation very nearly impossible, at least for newer players like me.  

I admit, I've only been playing for a month, but I haven't been downed more than twice total in Venus missions since my first week of playing.  Venus is supposed to be the second weakest area in the game, yet every member of my party was dying faster than unranked frames fighting on Pluto.  Between us, we needed an average of 20 revives, as a total for everybody playing the last mobile defense mission on the recent Venus outbreak.   I was using a level 30 frame, first a Rhino, then when that ran out of revives, a Nyx.  I even switched to level 30 potatoed gear in hopes of killing them off fast enough.  Still, there was nothing I could do to keep from dropping dead repeatedly.  Even trying to stay back and snipe them as they attacked the console just resulted in swarms of drones coming after us, leaving the entire room full of clouds of poison that bypass all shields that none of us could do anything about.

Please, modify this.  Less persistent clouds.  Less damage.  Fewer drones.  Make the drones have to drop something that generates the fog(especially if that thing can be destroyed).  As is, they fly around the room constantly generating gas and leaving a toxic miasma that requires you to have an Oberon or regen aura to survive at all, even on bleeping Venus.

Yes someone who understands the pain these ospreys are causing and how disruptive they are 

Yes someone who understands the pain these ospreys are causing and how disruptive they are

105 at medium levels probably 10-15 but most of the time the enemies I face are always 25 and up for more exp. Rushing isn't a problem for me since I have iron skin but how about other frames like loki or ash? Even though you slow down you still can't see that much because like most people said, the toxic cloud can be hardly seen because of the dark colors in the game

yeah the color is a legitimate complaint but having an enemy that can kill you fast isn't a problem it's a positive direction.

yeah the color is a legitimate complaint but having an enemy that can kill you fast isn't a problem it's a positive direction.

So you're saying that you will just let them deal 400 damage per tick to everyone who is unfortunate enough to inhale their fart? Yes I agree it's a positive thing and it tells you to work harder but think about how hard it'll be to do dark sectors now that these things are around and for me dark sectors and ODDs are the best way to rank up your weapons and frames and if DE won't nerf these ospreys it's like taking away a part of the #1 source of exp in the game.

That's why we need the nerf, because these ospreys do lots of damage that bypass shield and armor, i tried max vitality on rhino and I died because of those ospreys, and even worse when my team tried to revive me they died as well. I also agree that more missions = more xp but there is also a saying called more time on missions = more exp and more efficiency

I am aware that staying longer on endless missions also gets more XP. What I am saying is that in your original post you were arguing that it was making it harder to speed level your gear. You should be focused on playing the game and not how fast you can level stuff. They needed to add content that forces people to pay more attention, there was far too much speed running that it made it annoying to play online games. As another poster mentioned, you need to pay attention to more than just the objective, this is good. It is one way of adding challenge to a game and makes the missions take longer to complete (since the enemies are endless it gives you the "more exp and more efficiency"). 

The ability to level gear incredibly quickly should be looked at. I'm almost to MR 14 and have lvl 30'd all the warframes(except new Loki, building now) and most of the weapons in the game and I think it should have taken longer to level stuff. Very few RPGs let you level so fast.  

The problem with those things is that they punish frames without armor.. hard. It seems that all of those health procs (slash, toxic, etc) are affected by armor, as my Valkyr barely takes any damage from those while my 15 armor frames die in 4 ticks.

Combine that with the fact that they bypass shields and the cloud is very hard to see (and is bigger than the trail would imply) and you have one frustrating enemy. HP + armor + Life Strike once again.. I would like to get away from this build, unfortunately it's hard when half of the enemies has shield bypassing procs.

They are good, why always you guys want the easy mode on everything... they need to be hard to kill... mmmhmm i smell the hate of all those players who allways play infested defense with the bravery o being out of range with their pentas, castanas, ogris and angstrums...

Jajaaja i post the same in the other crying topic.

I am aware that staying longer on endless missions also gets more XP. What I am saying is that in your original post you were arguing that it was making it harder to speed level your gear. You should be focused on playing the game and not how fast you can level stuff. They needed to add content that forces people to pay more attention, there was far too much speed running that it made it annoying to play online games. As another poster mentioned, you need to pay attention to more than just the objective, this is good. It is one way of adding challenge to a game and makes the missions take longer to complete (since the enemies are endless it gives you the "more exp and more efficiency"). 

The ability to level gear incredibly quickly should be looked at. I'm almost to MR 14 and have lvl 30'd all the warframes(except new Loki, building now) and most of the weapons in the game and I think it should have taken longer to level stuff. Very few RPGs let you level so fast.  

Yes it was easier to speed level it even on survival missions because you can kill infested without the risk of dying due to toxic because even though there are toxic ancients their ability to proc poison isn't as high as the infested ospreys so I can basically kill and kill without worrying and therefor resulting in speed killing=speed exp 

They are good, why always you guys want the easy mode on everything... they need to be hard to kill... mmmhmm i smell the hate of all those players who allways play infested defense with the bravery o being out of range with their pentas, castanas, ogris and angstrums...

Jajaaja i post the same in the other crying topic.

We are not demanding an easy mode, of course we just want to lower the damage they deal and so what? It's still hard to kill them because they hover at a high altitude and they move very fast