The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All This Hate On Mutalist Osprey, Analysis On People Reactions To New Difficulty

The_Sharp_Demonologist

gives you a reason to carry health drop pods doesn't it?

edit:

also: i actually switched up to using the boar prime on this mission.

1: because three 60% mods is crazy. :P

2: because it murders these flying buggers pretty easily

3: because it's just really fun to go nuts with a shotgun when the huge swarms of infested come boiling through this awesome tileset.

Edited by xethier

I like that they are temporary area denial, but I don't enjoy suffering health loss from Toxin proc for 8 seconds with one of those just wheezing pass me.

Please change Toxin to Viral. I've had the chance to experience my max HP halved when a Gas Hive pops, and it's much better than seeing my health go down every second.

Edited by PsiWarp

The new enemies are just that, brand new.. so adjust your expectations when fighting infested beyond slashing a swathe through them mindlessly, and pay some attention for once. Adjust your approach, and they will become easier to work around once more.

Throwing arms up and taking your ball and going home, will NOT make the game better, it will only make it worse as "more of the same" will be the order of the day if people don't want new stuff.

As analysis of the situation there is always much tears after something new comes out. People adjust their tactics and get used to it and the tears cease flowing. I'd say give it at least a week or to before crying for help.

That's like saying "wow dude that ride is good what are you talking about" when you haven't even rode it.

Guns work, when you can actually hit them, and when 10 of them spawn in a defense and you need to hit all of them, you're going to have a room full of toxic gas with a 75% chance of toxic proc.

Ohey xethier :p

Gonna have to disagree with you, the toxic cloud comes to YOU, it has a very high chance to proc toxic, and their hit box is literally smaller then they are.

heya mate!

i understand how you feel, but i'm starting to get that veteran "make it harder!" bug.

unlike many, i don't care much for running long survival / defense (i'm old and a smoker, i don't like sitting for that long without a break) so anything that increases difficulty without requiring a longer time investment is a bonus in my book.

obviously many in the community don't feel the same, and i can't knock them for feeling that way.

That's like saying "wow dude that ride is good what are you talking about" when you haven't even rode it.

That doesn't make him wrong. Especially because it was an (accurate) observation on general community behavior and not strictly about these ospreys.

Edited by NevanChambers

The only problem i have is you put a pixel in the gas bang the Sent will blow up with no way to stop it i guess the lower hp frames might have a problem but the gas has yet to kill my saryn.

Sentinels are definitely biting the dust when I'm not paying enough attention to these guys. More times then not I kept asking myself  "Oh crap where'd Helios go--"

Their damage is pretty ridiculous but it's also solved by shooting them before they can become a problem. Idk what's preventing people from bringing a gun to missions or utilizing their powers. There's a lot of solutions to the problem until they do (if they do) get a slight damage reduction. 

Either they should be squishy and do alot a damage or tanky and do less. Stacking poison stacks are lame, and their UI leads them away from the action in Infested defense missions. They themselves are annoying, and that they hide away delaying the next round is more annoying, and they are stubborn to die makes them even more annoying.

Frankly, whoever created them at DE deserves to stabbed in the face. Nerf please.

Edited by TalonBlue

the main problem is the damage bypasses shields, and the projectile can be fairly hard to see. I like the idea of infested range enemies, but shield ignoring, AOE/Area denial might be too much.

But its totally fair that we can just destroy the entire Infested race with a single vortex right? I think is about time our enemies give us some legit trouble other than one hit kills

Double-tap shift lets you dodge all the things if you manage to time your rolls, and the mutalist ospreys function similarly to oxium ones, so just be really careful, with the exception of the venomous eximi, you can dodge just about everything atm 

Godspeed :D

Sentinels are definitely biting the dust when I'm not paying enough attention to these guys. More times then not I kept asking myself  "Oh crap where'd Helios go--"

Their damage is pretty ridiculous but it's also solved by shooting them before they can become a problem. Idk what's preventing people from bringing a gun to missions or utilizing their powers. There's a lot of solutions to the problem until they do (if they do) get a slight damage reduction. 

"Hey guys, update 13 was called the Sword Alone and we made it so you can bring nothing but swords to missions for that awesome ninja aesthetic. Also, a melee only playstyle is now viable for most everything that's not certain bosses."

"Hey guys, update 13.8's here. All that stuff we told you about melee only runs being awesome and viable? Here's some flying oxium ospreys. Except rather than explode, they hit you with hugely damaging toxin procs at an 80% chance. They also leave toxin clouds wherever they pass. Huge toxin clouds. Ones you can't really avoid outside of wide open terrain, which is pretty much the opposite of the new tileset (which possesses craploads of these ospreys.) Not fun enough for you? Oh, right, on the off chance that they do get low enough to sword them, we made them almost as tough as an oxium osprey. What? You're facing them in defense and their toxin can hurt the pod? Lol you should shoot them!"

To be frank, this thing is one of the most terrible enemies since nervos. Toxin damage in general is terrible unfun garbage when used on players because it completely obviates part of a player's defenses and can't be circumvented by skill, but toxin damage of this sort is even more terrible since at least you can avoid toxic ancients and they don't proc all the time even if they do shut out a whole playstyle.

All you guys talking about how "challenging" this is are contributing to making the game worse. "Challenge" that can't be defeated with skill is no challenge at all, and "lol tough zippy osprey with 8x toxin procs who puts you in a cloud of death after zooming in like an oxium osprey" can't really be defeated by skill. If one spawns behind you and zooms up, anything that's not a Rhino with iron skin is pwned. Particularly low-durability frames like Loki and Nova might not even have a chance to pop a health restore before they're toxin'd to death, such is the strength of these things.

But its totally fair that we can just destroy the entire Infested race with a single vortex right? I think is about time our enemies give us some legit trouble other than one hit kills

Games, particularly ones like this, are not meant to be "fair." The AI is *supposed* to lose. It's job is to lose in a fun way. "Lol huge poison AOE from nowhere that ignores your shields" is not losing in a fun way. 

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Either they should be squishy and do alot a damage or tanky and do less. Stacking poison stacks are lame, and their UI leads them away from the action in Infested defense missions. They themselves are annoying, and that they hide away delaying the next round is more annoying, and they are stubborn to die makes them even more annoying.

Frankly, whoever created them at DE deserves to stabbed in the face. Nerf please.

The pathing issue is a problem that already happens with with normal Ospreys, mainly Leech and Mines.

I do am agree that they should add some kind of noise when they are about to release their load. BTW Osprey Drones are quite resistant and can deal some nasty damage pretty fast at long range, and their explosion is nothing to laugh at, so there is that.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Yeah screw those baddies who took 'the Sword Alone' seriously and thought it was a legitimate way to play and challenge yourself.

In all seriousness, I like these. They can actually force people to relocate in Infested Defense, which was too static for too long anyway.

we got pansies playing on the Tenno side sigh... the difficulty on an endgame type mission SHOULD be a good 50/50 chance of having to burn a revive. Per mission.

if you wanna trample on daisies stay on Mercury.

Can't say I've had much trouble, but I understand where the hate comes from. In the Breeding Grounds missions, it's still fairly tight quarters, they literally fly at you like Oxium Osprey, and the poisonous clouds can fill hallways entirely. Nothing to avoid.

I found it best to keep sprint-sliding all the way through those entire missions. In all cases, the only enemies who kept up were chargers and the other standard units. Thankfully there is no necessary kill quotient for that mission type, so theoretically you don't even need to bother stopping or aiming, unless they are directly blocking your path.

Interestingly, when the new osprey spawned during Ceres Dark Sector Defense, there didn't seem to be any toxic clouds, and they were generally no faster than the crawlers they were carrying.

we got pansies playing on the Tenno side sigh... the difficulty on an endgame type mission SHOULD be a good 50/50 chance of having to burn a revive. Per mission.

if you wanna trample on daisies stay on Mercury.

"Hey, player. We want you to play our game, so we're going to make it so on average you can play eight missions before you're out of revives. Any subsequent mission after those 8 has a roughly 50% chance of you losing everything you've acquired in that mission. Just got ahold of that shiny tranquil cleave you've been farming for over a course of weeks? Lol, screw you, Tenno."

Punching players in the groin repeatedly isn't good game design, friend.

I'm enjoying having to be alert while fighting infested now.

They're fine as they are, have caused me more deaths in the last 24 hours than any other infested unit has in a month or three and that's a good thing - time to change your infested hunting habits guys.