Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feline Fans Unite - Feline Companion Poll & Megathread

The whole problem is that cats are never your allies. All they will do is look at you with their judgmental/ignorant eyes....oh and F*** you up if they happen to suddenly not like you anymore.

Face it...cats suck.

Dogs are the ultimate animal ally. You can train them, they love you unconditionally...and will even tolerate neglect and mistreatment for a while. 

To people saying hurrr look at those big circus cats....well yea....and look at how many reports there are of those cats attempting to/successfully murder their owners.  Cats are A******s...they look cool...but that's it. Cats will only ever listen to a human if they feel like it could entertain them for a while. 
Cats are also guaranteed to backstab you if they don't get their way or just hate how you smell at the moment if you don't watch it.

Edited by Shehriazad

The whole problem is that cats are never your allies. All they will do is look at you with their judgmental/ignorant eyes....oh and F*** you up if they happen to suddenly not like you anymore.

Face it...cats suck.

Dogs are the ultimate animal ally. You can train them, they love you unconditionally...and will even tolerate neglect and mistreatment for a while. 

To people saying hurrr look at those big circus cats....well yea....and look at how many reports there are of those cats attempting to/successfully murder their owners.  Cats are A******s...they look cool...but that's it. Cats will only ever listen to a human if they feel like it could entertain them for a while. 

Cats are also guaranteed to backstab you if they don't get their way or just hate how you smell at the moment if you don't watch it.

Sounds like someone had a bad time with cats.

Face it...cats suck.

Sounds like someone had a bad time with cats.

Indeed it does, so allow me to counter with my own dog experience:

When I was a small child, I was sitting on the floor of my grandparents' house and my grandfather's dog just walked over and took my head in its mouth. No reason, he just flat out tried to eat my head, and my parents had to run in and get him away from me.

So, yeah, I'm not a dog person.

HOWEVER, I was on a class fieldtrip to the local animal shelter one day in the fourth grade, and my mom wanted to take my picture in front of the cat cages. So I knelt down infront of one of the cages and the cat that was in it stuck his paw through the door and put it on my shoulder for the photo. We went back and adopted that cat, and it's been my longest-lived and most treasured pet since then.

Dogs are like children you can train to fetch a ball or a duck and will always seek your approval no matter luck. There's no intelligence behind them. With a cat you have to earn their respect, their devotion, if your cat loves you they TRULY love you, and that is why they're the superior pet.

I've never been a dog person -- too noisy for a guy like me who enjoys silence (snake owner) -- but I think attack dogs are badass.  Though I'd have nothing against a feline-esque counterpart to the Kubrow, assuming this feline is just as much (or more) of a mix of different animals as the Kubrow is.

As for the Cats vs Dogs thing: my family owns two cats.  Nobody in existence could convince me that those cats don't love me.  They follow me around almost constantly, mew when they're lonely, and are always trying to get my attention by acting cute in my presence.

*snip*

End of civilization scenario -> Guess which pet will help you hunt and get yourself fed? S#&$ty cat for sure ain't doing that....unless you would call getting a dead mouse once a month as gift useful.

Also saying there is no intelligence going on with dogs...that's just whoa. What about cats then? Cats don't even feel any real compassion for humans or really miss them like dogs do (there are several experiments that showcase this)...dogs will freak the F*** out when you're gone and hump your brains out in happiness when you return. 

Cats will just check if you actually brought some food back....and if you don't....well...you better watch out that they don't piss in your shoes out of anger.

Cats also have no understanding of punishment. Cats just don't get it if they're doing something wrong. If a cat kills your sister and you then punish it for that...it will just feel wronged and hate you for it.

If you punish the dog....it will @(*()$ know that it screwed up. 

Long story short...this ain't even about personal stories here...but as a hunting companion...cats suck in general. Not to mention Kubrows aren't even real dogs. They're already some hybrid freakshow and all the different battle behaviours that you would expect from hunting animals are there. (from sneaky to offensive to defensive to hurr durr I dig for loot)

I think they should add in the ability to grow a cat-like companion (Similar to how Kubrow are dog-like. They're not dogs, but they have a similar behaviour and appearance)

But only to the extent that I believe they should allow a variety of animal types.

Cats, Dogs, Wolves, Birds (I know we have a "Parrot" carrier... But things like birds of prey - Hawks, Eagles etc would be cool) - Heck why not even Spiders (A quick nod to my Spiderframe concept...)

I could see there being possibilities for even Dinosaur based companions, based of raptors, pterodactyls, maybe even scaled down t-rex...

this is still a game about space ninjas right? not space zookeepers?

this is still a game about space ninjas right? not space zookeepers?

I don't know about you... But nothing in the game has lead me to believe that the game is about "Ninjas" of any sort.

Ninja's typically only killed when necessary and attempted to not be seen or noticed until after whatever task they were performing was done.

Warframe on the other hand is all about going 1 vs thousands in a head on firefight for sometimes no reason (All the exterminate missions are "There are dudes here. Make there not be dudes here")

End of civilization scenario -> Guess which pet will help you hunt and get yourself fed? S#&$ty cat for sure ain't doing that....unless you would call getting a dead mouse once a month as gift useful.

Actually, if a cat brings you a "gift" it's an insult. They're bringing you food because they think that you can't hunt for yourself. My cat used to do that when he was very young, but now that he's lived with me longer he no longer brings me anything. This is a sign of ultimate respect, just like him rolling over on his back and letting me pet his belly is a sign of ultimate trust. Just like with dogs, if you raise a cat with enough care and respect, they will return it. However, this has to be earned and few owners are able to reach this glorious level of mutual respect.

Also saying there is no intelligence going on with dogs...that's just whoa. What about cats then? Cats don't even feel any real compassion for humans or really miss them like dogs do (there are several experiments that showcase this)...dogs will freak the F*** out when you're gone and hump your brains out in happiness when you return. 

Cats will just check if you actually brought some food back....and if you don't....well...you better watch out that they don't &!$$ in your shoes out of anger.

Cats also have no understanding of punishment. Cats just don't get it if they're doing something wrong. If a cat kills your sister and you then punish it for that...it will just feel wronged and hate you for it.

If you punish the dog....it will @(*()$ know that it screwed up. 

Long story short...this ain't even about personal stories here...but as a hunting companion...cats suck in general. Not to mention Kubrows aren't even real dogs. They're already some hybrid freakshow and all the different battle behaviours that you would expect from hunting animals are there. (from sneaky to offensive to defensive to hurr durr I dig for loot)

Personally, I'd rather have a pet that I can pet from time to time but is typically always present - compared to the "humping your brains out let's go play playplayplayinyourfaceplayplayhumphumphump" that is dogs. It comes down to a matter of personality, in the end, and mine prefers cats.

Not sure why this conversation is even a thing, though: the felines we're looking to have added aren't real cats. They'd be just as alien and odd as the Kubrows are, but have their own set of traits or variations of the current traits that the Kubrows have that will set them apart and open up just a little more player variation. Don't like the Kubrow for it's aesthetic? Okay, here, have something that's functionally the same with a few minor differences to make it worth the while of other players to get (or at least have ready to get).

The real world cat vs. dog debate has little merit on this idea - so, again, I'm not sure how we got to it. Personally, though, I equate the "feline" idea to something more akin to a Panther or Tiger in terms of psychology and physiology, 'cause I don't think ANYONE here (except maybe you) is looking and say "I want a housecat backing me up in the game!"

Not sure why this conversation is even a thing, though: the felines we're looking to have added aren't real cats. They'd be just as alien and odd as the Kubrows are, but have their own set of traits or variations of the current traits that the Kubrows have that will set them apart and open up just a little more player variation. Don't like the Kubrow for it's aesthetic? Okay, here, have something that's functionally the same with a few minor differences to make it worth the while of other players to get (or at least have ready to get).

The real world cat vs. dog debate has little merit on this idea - so, again, I'm not sure how we got to it. Personally, though, I equate the "feline" idea to something more akin to a Panther or Tiger in terms of psychology and physiology, 'cause I don't think ANYONE here (except maybe you) is looking and say "I want a housecat backing me up in the game!"

Precisely my point. Whether I can breed feline-like traits into my Kubrow is not the problem. When it all boils down, Kubrows are alien-like dogs. If you change up the aesthetic and behavior, you can get something that players will find worthwhile to obtain.