Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feline Fans Unite - Feline Companion Poll & Megathread

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm rather confident that it has been mentioned in a Devstream already that other pets are indeed coming after Kubrows are implemented. After all, we'll be getting an entire Genetic Lab. It would seem that some kind of feline-inspired critter is inevitable.

I have to agree with this but only after testing the kubrow a bit and fixing some other things+adding more things like story. (And I believe if they add other animals reptilian creatures would be nice like gators, lizards, geckos, etc)

There are so many possibilities. I'm assuming based on logical design decisions that Kubrows are the beginning only to test and stabilize the "pet" system as a whole. After that they'll look at adding more variety.

Cats are probably completely extinct. Just like the rest of Earth Wildlife as we know it.

Well, if you listen closely you can hear stuff such as birds, insects, etc. Who knows! Cats may be hiding somewhere in the Earth. Maybe even somewhere else, like Europa, which they said would be like a tundra/glaciers. Maybe the cats on Europa, if they become wild there, will be more like the "Sabertooth". Something like that.

No Thank You on the cat idea. Let's see how the dogs turn out first. An unnecessary complication that would rob resources from other projects

That's true for the Kubrows yet they are wasting resources on that so your point is invalid.

Edited by Momo93

Kubrows are... Llama Bat Dogs.

A feline companion concept would have to include at least 2 other animals.

ideas?

Spider..cat...??

It needs Redknee/ or fireleg birdeater crossed in... these are the perfect mix of cute / fluffy  and creepy.

Brachypelma_boehmei1.jpg

YES! ALL OF MY YES. Cats are so much more badass than dogs, the way they move, and act, they're sneaky, ready for everything...dogs have the more brute-like, head-on kind of personality that just ain't my type. I'd love a cat that would climb on boxes and high spots, that would pounce on enemies, swiftly disengaging and engaging another target and so on.

ALSO THIS NEEDS TO BE A MEGATHREAD AND IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FAST.

Though I would love to have a big cat like the ones on Avatar that seemed like a cross between a mountain lion and a wolf, I think IMHO people might think that Warframe is turning into tomoguchi Warframe. I was actually trying to come up with a design in zbrush of a feline companion, if I finish it I'll post it.

o.o yeah you dont get the fear factor with cats like you do dogs. (they dont have beware of cat signs for a reason XD)  im not a big fan of cats in battle :S just cant see it being all that useful. But I think you should wait for the kubrows to come out before criticizing them because your not a dog person. Who knows they may have that cat like quality that you like

Edited by MattQaz

Throw away the small felines and give us something a bit more vicious and prehistoric like, because i would love to have a saber tooth tiger to run around with besides they don't have to hide

Hum, thinking about prehistoric. How about a velociraptor/deinonychus type pet. That would be kinda even more badass, nosense but still!

P.S. I got what you means "prehistoric"

xD

A bit about my mindset:

I'm not a dog person; I'm not a big fan of them. I personally am quite independent, reserved, and introverted. With this being the case, I have a cat. Not only is my cat independent, fierce, and an amazing hunter; but he is also very cuddly and affectionate towards me.

You should look up some independent breeds and join the community.

Ninjas have Ninja Dogs not Ninja cats cause cats dont listen.

3865402405_757710b4d8.jpg

Imagine if you are in a mission and you call your cat pet over to do something and all of a sudden

G17qfc4.gif

He wants to rub up on you?

Or you are trying to take a datamass when the cats of the whole team start playing with it.

ZrvAcJg.gif

It would just be a big mess.

You cant beat the cooperation with a dog.

XPcjxwd.gif

You should look up some independent breeds and join the community.

Ninjas have Ninja Dogs not Ninja cats cause cats dont listen.

3865402405_757710b4d8.jpg

Well.Sasuke had Ninja Cats. So your affirmation based on this image or in Naruto's universe is irrelevant! :)

Edited by DuRockBR

I think they should add in the ability to grow a cat-like companion (Similar to how Kubrow are dog-like. They're not dogs, but they have a similar behaviour and appearance)

But only to the extent that I believe they should allow a variety of animal types.

Cats, Dogs, Wolves, Birds (I know we have a "Parrot" carrier... But things like birds of prey - Hawks, Eagles etc would be cool) - Heck why not even Spiders (A quick nod to my Spiderframe concept...)

I could see there being possibilities for even Dinosaur based companions, based of raptors, pterodactyls, maybe even scaled down t-rex...