The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

4-5+ weeks I'm going to say and that's being generous... we've seen some pretty WIP stuff that doesn't look like it's to be released any time soon™

Expect delays to the hype train around the origin system area.

They hype train is NEVER delayed.  Though it may never reach its desination.

It would be really nice if it came out this week. It'd also be nice if it came out next week (because soon is always nice). I'm really not holding my breath though, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took two weeks or more before deployment.

It would be really nice if it came out this week. It'd also be nice if it came out next week (because soon is always nice). I'm really not holding my breath though, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took two weeks or more before deployment.

Well given that [DE]Drew said they've still got a fair amount of ground to cover, I think it'll be at least a month. Two weeks isn't a "fair" amount of ground.

And Sixty5, don't hype. It's not coming for a while.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Well given that [DE]Drew said they've still got a fair amount of ground to cover, I think it'll be at least a month. Two weeks isn't a "fair" amount of ground.

Ah, come on, at least some optimism guys. :P

If people would pay attention to what the devs say, you'd come to the same conclusion I did. You're being willfully ignorant of what they're saying.

It's been a month since we've seen anything that we know for sure will be in u14 .  "A fair amount of time" is a pretty vague statement to be drawing any real conclusions from.

It's been a month since we've seen anything that we know for sure will be in u14 .  "A fair amount of time" is a pretty vague statement to be drawing any real conclusions from.

A fair amount isn't "soon". He didn't say "soon". "A fair amount of ground" is not that vague. We do know what will be in U14. The new infested tileset and the kubrows, at least. They're just starting to work on the new Infested enemies. This is the same conclusion I reached after seeing Devstream 30 when all this stuff was still very WIP. So it wasn't a surprise to me when [DE]Drew said there's still a fair amount of ground to cover. Anyone who's heard that expression knows that it doesn't mean soon. Two weeks is soon. Maybe it'll come the week after next. But I'm expecting it to come the week after that, if not later.

A fair amount isn't "soon". He didn't say "soon". "A fair amount of ground" is not that vague. We do know what will be in U14. The new infested tileset and the kubrows, at least. They're just starting to work on the new Infested enemies. This is the same conclusion I reached after seeing Devstream 30 when all this stuff was still very WIP. So it wasn't a surprise to me when [DE]Drew said there's still a fair amount of ground to cover. Anyone who's heard that expression knows that it doesn't mean soon. Two weeks is soon. Maybe it'll come the week after next. But I'm expecting it to come the week after that, if not later.

Please quantify it for me in an exact amount.

Edited by Aggh

Please quantify it for me in an exact amount.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fair

<find "fair amount of time" on page>

a :  sufficient but not ample :  adequate <a fair understanding of the work>

b :  moderately numerous, large, or significant <takes a fair amount of time>

That good enough for you? Accept that it's not soon. Like I said, anyone who knows the phrase knows what it means.

I've made one of these pictures for each update from 11 onwards. Each time I've put it out around the X.7/8 mark.

Even if it doesn't come for a bit i like having the picture out there for people to use.

I've made one of these pictures for each update from 11 onwards. Each time I've put it out around the X.7/8 mark.

Even if it doesn't come for a bit i like having the picture out there for people to use.

ok.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fair

<find "fair amount of time" on page>

a :  sufficient but not ample :  adequate <a fair understanding of the work>

b :  moderately numerous, large, or significant <takes a fair amount of time>

That good enough for you? Accept that it's not soon. Like I said, anyone who knows the phrase knows what it means.

You may want to look up the meaning of the word exact. 

And understand that no one uses idioms in any kind of uniformly held definition.

And stop trying to make strict associations between number values and words used to describe a general feeling for something.

Edited by Aggh

You may want to look up the meaning of the word exact. 

And understand that no one uses idioms in any kind of uniformly held definition.

And stop trying to associate number values with words used to describe a general feeling for something.

Believe what you want to believe.