Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting > Need Xxx Warframe, Pm Your Frame

aynn

LET PEOPLE PLAY THE WARFRAME THEY WANT!

The type of warframe isnt the problem, it's the player and setup. 

Thanks for reading.

It's the hosts decision who he/she allows to join their game session. They want to play a certain way and they just don't see your (example) Loki very supplemental to their playstyle. 

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

Sometimes people ask for certain frames because it is needed.

As good as your immortal 4 Valkyr team is going to be, that cryopod is going to die.

In this case, people would like a Frost for the defense.

I do not mind for one specific frame to be needed for a mission (Like Nekros for Survival because of air and loot farming), but when your going to ask for people to PM you and tell you what frame you are, that's when I know I don't want to be in that group.

They are hosting, their rules.  If you don't like it then don't PM them for the match.

No there is no single frame that is ever NEEDED for any game mode.  There are groups of frames that make them easier or if you are looking to go a long distance, but not everyone realizes that or is capable of success without the easy-mode frames.

I see it often and it annoys me as much as the OP, but shrug and move on.  Just like you believe it is the player not the frame, they believe they must have certain frames for success.

lets put it this way I have a t4 void key that I want to use to the full extent possible. I would consider it almost wasted if we don't go far on an endless mission or if I have to revive people multiple times. Therefore (on the harder missions at least) I ask for higher ranked people and for them to use a frame that can hold it's own and synergize well with the other frames. If you want to take your ember on t4 survival I am probably going to reform the session and invite someone else. It depends on what it is. I think it is perfectly ok to get people to use the frames you want them to in the interest of being successful on the mission. 

Sometimes people ask for certain frames because it is needed.

As good as your immortal 4 Valkyr team is going to be, that cryopod is going to die.

In this case, people would like a Frost for the defense.

I do not mind for one specific frame to be needed for a mission (Like Nekros for Survival because of air and loot farming), but when your going to ask for people to PM you and tell you what frame you are, that's when I know I don't want to be in that group.

Use warcry and cover choke/spawn points...

The type of Warframe does, in fact, affect progress in certain game modes, though it can be supplemented with other frames.

^ This.  I don't want to see you bringing your Ember into an hour-long survival mission. It's plain and simple truth that not every frame scales well. If it's a low level mission then fine, do whatever, but if it's a long and difficult mission then some amount of performance is necessary and through no fault of their owners, not all frames can actually deliver.

It's the hosts decision who he/she allows to join their game session.

^ Also this. My key, my rules. Don't like it? Don't come. I don't boss people around to be a jerk, I make reasonable requests to prospective team members so that they are useful to us and ensure a high degree of success. I don't need you to be a specific frame and loadout, I just need you to use something that actually scales well, and there are now half a dozen really strong frames that are viable to virtually any level.

I'd prefer a nekros for survial, else I'll do it.

I won't do a defense without a frost or nyx. Unless it's like T1-2 or star map.

I have all the frames, with potatoes, and decent mods, so I am flexible. But do realize that some instances especially void missions could really use a couple of key frames.

What I did find funny, and maybe I'm wrong, but someone wanted a nova, and trinity for T4 survival, so I hop on my trinity, and I'm met with a nova, ash and mag.. I asked where the nekros was since they wanted to go long. And also, why the weird frames? Host dropped out and started reinviting another trinity. :/

Am I missing something? If you had demands wouldn't you want a loki, a rhino, nekros and maybe nova? or whatever else.

What I did find funny, and maybe I'm wrong, but someone wanted a nova, and trinity for T4 survival, so I hop on my trinity, and I'm met with a nova, ash and mag.. I asked where the nekros was since they wanted to go long. And also, why the weird frames? Host dropped out and started reinviting another trinity. :/

Am I missing something? If you had demands wouldn't you want a loki, a rhino, nekros and maybe nova? or whatever else.

Actually this is a good part of the response.  If you see someone asking for something you disagree with do you really want to be in that group?

I had one where a guy was advertising that he was a frost prime hosting a T1 defense.  I thought ok i'll go.  When I got into the squad we had 2 frosts and a nyx I was Nekros.  He asked if I had a defensive frame.  I asked how long he planned on going.  An instant later the squad was disbanded and he was back in recruit chat.

I don't know what they were expecting to run into, but the reality is, if the host asks for something you find weird why be offended if they don't want you?  Chances are you didn't want to play with them anyway.

Actually this is a good part of the response.  If you see someone asking for something you disagree with do you really want to be in that group?

I had one where a guy was advertising that he was a frost prime hosting a T1 defense.  I thought ok i'll go.  When I got into the squad we had 2 frosts and a nyx I was Nekros.  He asked if I had a defensive frame.  I asked how long he planned on going.  An instant later the squad was disbanded and he was back in recruit chat.

I don't know what they were expecting to run into, but the reality is, if the host asks for something you find weird why be offended if they don't want you?  Chances are you didn't want to play with them anyway.

Oh, I didn't care, if he wanted a trinity and a nova. It kinda made sense. It's the ash and mag that were there when I made it into the lobby that sort of made me wonder what's the deal, when you want to go long. I mean, if you're asking for particular frames, I'd imagine you have a good idea of what you're doing.

And i'm not offended. I'm just wondering if Ash, Mag, Trinity and Nova are good candidates for a 60 minute T4 survival?

I have had to ask "pm frame and weapons" just so I don't get rank 1s in the t4 survival I am hosting. It is sad that it is needed, but it is. And, as others have said, there is some group synergy needed, some combinations of frames are doomed to fail, all frames individually can be successful.

It's about idiot proofing things.  Just about any Nekros knows they'll be expected to Desecrate.  About any Frost knows they'll be expected to globe up.  Any Vauban knows to CC all the things.

Random hosts cannot just magically know someone's skill threshold out of thin air.  They ask for specifics to prevent issue since, if you ask someone if they're a good player, they'll all answer yes.  Sadly, we know this answer is false... a lot.  Though even the host in particular isn't immune to being not good, so it's all kinds of messed up.

With friends, people know one another and trust one another.  Thusly people generally don't need to do such things, but with randoms, it's a safety feature to improve the odds of success.

Mind you, I'd never ask such a question in the first place since I can do everything solo anyways (Vauban/Loki main) so if I'm hosing a key everyone can do whatever they want and it'll be fine.  But in the event that I didn't main one of those frames or Nyx or Excalibur, I'd probably ask that question also when dealing with randoms.  Some game types require more competent CC, others focus on swift deathifying things.  Good players can handle anything thrown at them with practically any loadout.  But to reiterate, not everyone is good.

Oh, I didn't care, if he wanted a trinity and a nova. It kinda made sense. It's the ash and mag that were there when I made it into the lobby that sort of made me wonder what's the deal, when you want to go long. I mean, if you're asking for particular frames, I'd imagine you have a good idea of what you're doing.

And i'm not offended. I'm just wondering if Ash, Mag, Trinity and Nova are good candidates for a 60 minute T4 survival?

Yeah they kinda are, especially for dealing lvl 100+ heavy gunners. Ash Bladestorm has armor ignore, so it deals full damage+35% X 7 bleed damage on multiple target, and he can collect LS module with carrier while doing it.

Mag with bullet attract can turn heavy gunner into a meat shield for your time and help your team kill it faster. 

Trinity, group heal and link. Nuff said. Not to mention the 90% damage reduction can actually be obtained if you time it right (once again, player skill)

Nova, molecular prime to slow things down and 2x damage for every enemy, and finally, EXPLOOOOOOOOOOSIONS. oh and wormwhole for quick get aways. 

Edited by SubjectV

LET PEOPLE PLAY THE WARFRAME THEY WANT!

The type of warframe isnt the problem, it's the player and setup.

Thanks for reading.

why do people feel entitled to someone else's work? he did the work for a key and can set the rules to how he wants. you disagree with his rules, you go work for your own key and do whatever you want.

oops, well I quoted you but was more directing my comments to the OP.  Bad forum typing on my part.

I still firmly believe good players can make any frame combination work for 95% of the games content, yet people are found asking for specific stuff when it probably doesn't matter.

It's about idiot proofing things.  Just about any Nekros knows they'll be expected to Desecrate.  About any Frost knows they'll be expected to globe up.  Any Vauban knows to CC all the things.

Random hosts cannot just magically know someone's skill threshold out of thin air.  They ask for specifics to prevent issue since, if you ask someone if they're a good player, they'll all answer yes.  Sadly, we know this answer is false... a lot.  Though even the host in particular isn't immune to being not good, so it's all kinds of messed up.

With friends, people know one another and trust one another.  Thusly people generally don't need to do such things, but with randoms, it's a safety feature to improve the odds of success.

Mind you, I'd never ask such a question in the first place since I can do everything solo anyways (Vauban/Loki main) so if I'm hosing a key everyone can do whatever they want and it'll be fine.  But in the event that I didn't main one of those frames or Nyx or Excalibur, I'd probably ask that question also when dealing with randoms.  Some game types require more competent CC, others focus on swift deathifying things.  Good players can handle anything thrown at them with practically any loadout.  But to reiterate, not everyone is good.

Nothing is idiot proof....

^  That's why I said it's all kinds of messed up after implying that the host themselves is potentially not good.

In general, highly skilled players don't care what others use in most missions outside of potentially wanting one Nekros for absurd length Survivals or something of that sort.

Basically, with randoms, everything is too up in the air.  Trying to nail down some variables makes things less random than random x4.