Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Put Event Exclusive Items Back?

--FORMA--

If it's not a founder item, DE may choose to release it again at any time. 

I'm fine with it. I earned those through events instead of buying a special pack that contained them, so I see no problems with bringing event items back. 

And Prime Access too it seems like. ( I'm sadly looking at you, Misa Prime Syandana... All I needed was that $50 dollar option at the time. )

I don't wanna be "that guy" and over-analyze 1 word, or 9 letters, but if DE planned to re-release Prime Access accessories I think they'd be wise to use a different term such as "time-limited" or something of the like

Edited by Trowicia

But mah poison mods need to be worth thousands.

How i make thousands if you give them out DE?

HOW?

You think this is a game, but it is not.

This is game marketing strategy, in which I am an expert.

All mods should be exclusive so I can make maximum Thousands.

Honestly, the event mods are easy to get, who cares if they toss them in some boss that has RNG layered to get them.

So, DE puts rewards into operations, which is obvious.

So, the rewards are supposed to be exclusives to people who did the operation at that time.

Then, after a month or later they come back, for the newer players who obviously didn't play at that time when the operations where out, when the rewards are supposed to be exclusive to people who did the operation.

I can understand why the Detron and Prova Vandal where re-released, Though I don't get how the Cicero mods are

re-released. They where open to the people who did the operation at that time.

So, why does DE re-release our "exclusive" rewards back? 

dont bother with this topic, otherwise the whiners who cant be bothered to do it right the first time will get riled up and out of control again

Edited by Kartumterek

dont bother with this topic, otherwise the whiners who cant be bothered to do it right the first time will get riled up and out of control again

Having done every event besides the gorgon wraith (DoT IIRC? Either way I'm not a "whiner" like you assume everyone is), I heartily disagree. Anything that earns mastery/isn't cosmetic should be available. Maybe not 24/7 (i.e. wraith weaponry), but again at some point EXCEPT founder gear, and maybe the CB gear. But mods/other weapons should come back eventually.

Also, they haven't used the term "exclusive" in quite awhile when describing event rewards. I challenge you to find the most recent time they used it in an event for a non cosmetic item

Having done every event besides the gorgon wraith (DoT IIRC? Either way I'm not a "whiner" like you assume everyone is), I heartily disagree. Anything that earns mastery/isn't cosmetic should be available. Maybe not 24/7 (i.e. wraith weaponry), but again at some point EXCEPT founder gear, and maybe the CB gear. But mods/other weapons should come back eventually.

Also, they haven't used the term "exclusive" in quite awhile when describing event rewards. I challenge you to find the most recent time they used it in an event for a non cosmetic item

stop worrying about DE holding your hand and giving you handouts and do your events and earn it like everyone else. If you miss making history, then you shouldnt receive anything from that history. plain and simple

stop worrying about DE holding your hand and giving you handouts and do your events and earn it like everyone else. If you miss making history, then you shouldnt receive anything from that history. plain and simple

Errr, maybe you missed it, but I DID earn every event weapon, minus one. Stop using ad hominems and use a real argument, because at this point you have nothing but "my epeen is shrinking because other players have things I have!"

Errr, maybe you missed it, but I DID earn every event weapon, minus one. Stop using ad hominems and use a real argument, because at this point you have nothing but "my epeen is shrinking because other players have things I have!"

I cant hear you over the maintenance im performing in my Dojo Firing range on all of the exclusive gear i gots...

/shoo

Sorry every child in america. You didn't fight in your civil war for Freedom.

You don't get to have your freedom. 

I cant hear you over the maintenance im performing in my Dojo Firing range on all of the exclusive gear i gots...

/shoo

Wow, you really do give a bad name to absolutely everybody on your side of your "argument".

Welp, if has devolved to this level, I'm done, nothing anyone can say or do to convince you of anything. I hope DE releases everything just to spite you.

Oooooh +1, 'nuff said.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Sorry person who doesn't know history, but America didn't fight a "civil war for freedom".  The Founding Fathers declared independence and then fought against Britain for freedom, and while the main goal wasn't to "win" but to drag things out until the king said "F*** this S#&$, you jerks can have your independce", The Americans actually WON.  

Against the first main army.  While there was also a blockade, the king still could have sent more troops in from England, but after losing his main army and his head general having officially surrendered, he finally said "F*** this S#&$" and let the Americans be their own country.  The French and Native Americans were also involved.

Now if you're talking about THE Civil War that went from about 1860 to 1865ish then that wasn't really for "freedom" like most people believe.  Yes the slaves did get freed during that time but the main issue wasn't slavery.  It was about State's rights and that's why the Southern States seceded.  Lincoln didn't really want to free the slaves and even the Emancipation Proclamation only freed the slaves in the CONFEDERATE states, and even that needed a lot of Union troops to march in, defeat the Confederates, and take over to actually enforce it.  The slaves in the slave holding states that stayed loyal to the Union weren't freed until later.  

Now the majority of MY ancestors didn't come to the US until the late 1800's to the early 1900's and I have traced my roots back to Germany, Ireland, and Russia, so thus I claim no "Credit" for any of that previous stuff nor do I use "We" when I refer to the Union or Revolutionary armies when talking about the Civil and Revolutionary wars, unlike what most "Americans" do.  

There's a nice little history lesson for the day, I hope you enjoyed it.

Also that might be moot because most kids don't fight in the wars unless it's a 3'rd world country type deal or things are really in the S#&$ter and anyone able to hold a gun is drafted regardless of whether they're 10 years old or 90 years old.  Of course even if they didn't fight then a relative or ancestor would have fought mostly so their offspring and descendants COULD enjoy the freedoms won by the sacrifices made so technically the children who didn't fight in the wars for freedom can still enjoy the freedoms after the brutal fighting was done.  

Isn't history fun!?

Interesting that OP just lit the fire and backed away to watch.

Exactly my thoughts. I love these threads in which OP writes about something controversial and simply moves on or watches from the shadows, not leaving a single reply to anyone.

Because DE wouldn't invest so much of time in animations and weapon/ mod balancing just for that 1 single event.

And also because they like to share the love.

Besides, it's a PvE game that's not Pay to win so i have no idea why you're even starting this thread...

Nevertheless, you can always take the more risky road to not participate and wait for the release of the event items..

Sorry person who doesn't know history, but America didn't fight a "civil war for freedom".  The Founding Fathers declared independence and then fought against Britain for freedom, and while the main goal wasn't to "win" but to drag things out until the king said "F*** this S#&$, you jerks can have your independce", The Americans actually WON.  

My point still stands, misuse of words for not. Thanks for the history lesson though. 

And technically until Britan gives it to them, regardless of whether or not they signed a declaration they would still be a colony and owned under Britain and makes the war a Civil War. And I'm sure that a lot of people unrelated to the soldiers fighting in the battle got to enjoy in the freedom as well. 

Also that might be moot because most kids don't fight in the wars unless it's a 3'rd world country type deal or things are really in the S#&$ter and anyone able to hold a gun is drafted regardless of whether they're 10 years old or 90 years old.  Of course even if they didn't fight then a relative or ancestor would have fought mostly so their offspring and descendants COULD enjoy the freedoms won by the sacrifices made so technically the children who didn't fight in the wars for freedom can still enjoy the freedoms after the brutal fighting was done.  

Then I hereby proclaim that I do the events for event mods so that they may be released to the people who join Warframe after me.

So, DE puts rewards into operations, which is obvious.

So, the rewards are supposed to be exclusives to people who did the operation at that time.

Then, after a month or later they come back, for the newer players who obviously didn't play at that time when the operations where out, when the rewards are supposed to be exclusive to people who did the operation.

I can understand why the Detron and Prova Vandal where re-released, Though I don't get how the Cicero mods are

re-released. They where open to the people who did the operation at that time.

So, why does DE re-release our "exclusive" rewards back? 

First the proval vandal is not a re-release we did not win it in an earlier event for it was put in as a specific reward for the most recent event. Next at no time has any reward ever been said that they are exclusive and we went through this a long long time ago with the first re-release of the ammo mutation mods. The only items in this game to ever be fully exclusive is the Founders Pack items. Everything else is fair game at some point if DE chooses it to be.

to start things off, lol butthurt much?

when the cicero mods came out they specefied they would eventually come out as drops,

Prova vandal was the reward or the side that lost thus not being available so it never was released the first time

G3 and harvester giving their respective weapons was because corpus lost so detron was unavailable, then it was made available through the harvester, but because people kept siding with the corpus in wars, corpus owned too much of the starchart, then g3 was added to even things out

and guess what? NONE of these items were called exclusive.

OP has probabally abandoned thread already though

DE said multiple times already that Event stuff is only temporarily locked away into the vault for later re-introduction. See it as early access to some stuff.

I can't remember reading anywhere at Event introductions that any of those rewards are exclusive:

Arid Fear: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93311-operation-arid-fear-escalation-last-stand/

Gradivus Dilemma: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122841-update-1050-the-gradivus-dilemma/

Cicero Crisis: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150626-pc-event-the-cicero-crisis/

Tethra's Doom: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189811-pc-event-tethras-doom/

Breeding Grounds: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249133-update-1380-breeding-grounds/

Yeah, there are some more events, but I'm kind of lazy to dig up the other ones.

So basically not even the badges are exclusive if one would go so far.

[edit]

With the exception of Frost Prime Blueprints handed out after the Fusion Moa Event as mentioned here:

http://youtu.be/SesYNaURgLw?t=25m40s

Which is somewhat open to interpretation... and isn't being verified by the Event threads:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39130-update-7100-weekend-extermination-event/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40537-fusion-moa-operation-leaderboards/

Edited by MeduSalem

DE said multiple times already that Event stuff is only temporarily locked away into the vault for later re-introduction. See it as early access to some stuff.

I can't remember reading anywhere at Event introductions that any of those rewards are exclusive:

Arid Fear: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93311-operation-arid-fear-escalation-last-stand/

Gradivus Dilemma: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122841-update-1050-the-gradivus-dilemma/

Cicero Crisis: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150626-pc-event-the-cicero-crisis/

Tethra's Doom: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189811-pc-event-tethras-doom/

Bleeding Grounds: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249133-update-1380-breeding-grounds/

Yeah, there are some more events, but I'm kind of lazy to dig up the other ones.

So basically not even the badges are exclusive if one would go so far.

/thread

Edited by Verre