The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Put Event Exclusive Items Back?

--FORMA--

Sorry person who doesn't know history, but America didn't fight a "civil war for freedom".  The Founding Fathers declared independence and then fought against Britain for freedom, and while the main goal wasn't to "win" but to drag things out until the king said "F*** this S#&$, you jerks can have your independce", The Americans actually WON.  

Against the first main army.  While there was also a blockade, the king still could have sent more troops in from England, but after losing his main army and his head general having officially surrendered, he finally said "F*** this S#&$" and let the Americans be their own country.  The French and Native Americans were also involved.

Now if you're talking about THE Civil War that went from about 1860 to 1865ish then that wasn't really for "freedom" like most people believe.  Yes the slaves did get freed during that time but the main issue wasn't slavery.  It was about State's rights and that's why the Southern States seceded.  Lincoln didn't really want to free the slaves and even the Emancipation Proclamation only freed the slaves in the CONFEDERATE states, and even that needed a lot of Union troops to march in, defeat the Confederates, and take over to actually enforce it.  The slaves in the slave holding states that stayed loyal to the Union weren't freed until later.  

Now the majority of MY ancestors didn't come to the US until the late 1800's to the early 1900's and I have traced my roots back to Germany, Ireland, and Russia, so thus I claim no "Credit" for any of that previous stuff nor do I use "We" when I refer to the Union or Revolutionary armies when talking about the Civil and Revolutionary wars, unlike what most "Americans" do.  

There's a nice little history lesson for the day, I hope you enjoyed it.

Also that might be moot because most kids don't fight in the wars unless it's a 3'rd world country type deal or things are really in the S#&$ter and anyone able to hold a gun is drafted regardless of whether they're 10 years old or 90 years old.  Of course even if they didn't fight then a relative or ancestor would have fought mostly so their offspring and descendants COULD enjoy the freedoms won by the sacrifices made so technically the children who didn't fight in the wars for freedom can still enjoy the freedoms after the brutal fighting was done.  

Isn't history fun!?

The War for Independence can still safely be called a civil war.  The means in which they chose to achieve it doesn't really change the fact they were in a conflict with their own country in order to gain control of a region within that country's territory. 

PS don't try and teach a history "lesson" while illustrating a cursory understanding of the actual history.  Your descriptions reek of the terrible manner in which American history (especially the American revolution)  is taught in k-12 :|

Edited by Aggh

Sure, let's restrict incredibly powerful weapons and mods to a certain timeframe, forget people who were on holiday, had computer troubles, didn't have a good enough PC at the time, were taking a break, hadn't started playing yet, weren't strong enough to do the event or simply didn't have the time, yeah, screw those guys.

Sure, let's restrict incredibly powerful weapons and mods to a certain timeframe, forget people who were on holiday, had computer troubles, didn't have a good enough PC at the time, were taking a break, hadn't started playing yet, weren't strong enough to do the event or simply didn't have the time, yeah, screw those guys.

i hate to say it... but yeah. in terms of getting the mods/weapons early. they lost out.

as for exclusivity, as i said before and many have echoed me, nothing except the founder items are truly exclusive.

everything else is just "in the vault" until they get brought back out for another event reward or general access.

Edited by xethier

i hate to say it... but yeah. in terms of getting the mods/weapons early. they lost out.

as for exclusivity, as i said before and many have echoed me, nothing except the founder items are truly exclusive.

everything else is just "in the vault" until they get brought back out for another event reward or general access.

I find myself caring less about the founders gear and primed chamber though

Mostly because the founders gear (bar excal prime, though your mileage may vary if you think the extra stats on prime frames are worth the hassle or not) is easily outclassed by other gear and is mostly just for bling purposes, and primed chamber is basically a straight upgrade to charged chamber anyway

I find myself caring less about the founders gear and primed chamber though

Mostly because the founders gear (bar excal prime, though your mileage may vary if you think the extra stats on prime frames are worth the hassle or not) is easily outclassed by other gear and is mostly just for bling purposes, and primed chamber is basically a straight upgrade to charged chamber anyway

exactly. just because someone else as 2 weapons, a warframe and a mod that you don't... doesn't make the game any "less".

those that feel that way... well, you may want to do some soul searching.

Except for frost prime eh...

Fusion Moa Event Introduction: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39130-update-7100-weekend-extermination-event/

Fusion Moa Event Leaderboards/Rewards: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40537-fusion-moa-operation-leaderboards/

Not even mentioned.

Could swear that there was a post saying that badges weren't getting re releases because they were designed per event.  Can't find it, but this is pretty close:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234283-quantum-badge/page-2#entry2714238

Would make sense though... And would be fine with it because they don't add any advantage to the game anyways. xD

Edited by MeduSalem

Check the livestream, thats where they mention it. I think it was... LS 10 way before 10, maybe 5? I'll try and find it, it's around either 39:00 or 59:00 (IIRC, again)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Frost prime was mentioned as exclusive in the optional reset text and in the live streams.  All the rage following his introduction into the void was one of the reasons why DE has shied away from even calling things exclusive.

Check the livestream, thats where they mention it. I think it was... LS 10? I'll try and find it, it's around either 39:00 or 59:00 (IIRC, again)

Frost prime was mentioned as exclusive in the optional reset text and in the live streams.  All the rage following his introduction into the void was one of the reasons why DE has shied away from even calling things exclusive.

Well... I don't take anything for granted that's being said in a livestream... Because it's often "yes" and in the end "no" or vice versa, because they either get caught on the spot or don't want to displease the players. xD

But if so I'm sorry and then you are right obviously, they may have said it there, but I didn't watch all livestreams so I didn't know about that.

Edited by MeduSalem

Well... I don't take anything for granted that's being said in a livestream... Because it's often "yes" and in the end "no" or vice versa, because they either get caught on the spot or don't want to displease the players. xD

But if so I'm sorry and then you are right obviously, they may have said it there, but I didn't watch all livestreams so I didn't know about that.

Just to verify that they did say "exclusive":

https://warframe.com/media/videos/livestream-5-update-8-talk-and-qa

25:48 - 26:00 should have it.

Just to verify that they did say "exclusive":

https://warframe.com/media/videos/livestream-5-update-8-talk-and-qa

25:48 - 26:00 should have it.

Well... he clearly said exclusive. Can't deny. xD

Maybe that puts an exception to the list I posted earlier, but that's the only one I didn't know about yet. So you excuse me, hopefully. :D

But I guess that one is open to interpretation as well... and that's why I like it more if things are set in stone in a thread/webpage. Don't like verbal contracts because they are open to interpretations, if that even was a contract/promise.

[edit] Updated the list for that exception... ;D

Edited by MeduSalem

I'm not sure why everyone here is disagreeing with you so harshly. I personally find it frustrating as well that they would offer a reward for doing a specific amount of work on a specific task and grinding away hours and hours only to have it picked up for free as a drop a month later. Whether they explicitly state the rewards are exclusive only to that event or not, it still makes me hesitant to even do the events anymore when I can literally just pick the mods up off the ground later on anyway.

I would complain and I don't have Primed Chamber. It would be unfair to those who have put more hours into the game than I have just to get that bragging right taken from them to appease newer players. I've been playing for nearly a year now, I wasn't around for the event that gave Primed Chamber, but I'd still be mad on behalf of those who worked to beat the challenge in order to EARN it. I'm glad they haven't re-released it.

Now, though, I only half-@$$ events because it doesn't matter if I get a high score or not. It doesn't matter how many hours I put in. They're going to release all the rewards to those who didn't work for them either way.

*EDIT: Slight typo there, meant Primed Chamber, not Split Chamber.

this ^ i never had the brakk and because I wasn't reading the main website I did not know of the 100 mission rewards and didn't get it. i got angry in part of the people who grinided the living hell out of those 100 missions because it was a slap to the face to them.

this ^ i never had the brakk and because I wasn't reading the main website I did not know of the 100 mission rewards and didn't get it. i got angry in part of the people who grinided the living hell out of those 100 missions because it was a slap to the face to them.

It was 100 missions over a whole week.  There are piles of items in this game that need more grinding than that.  It always cracks me up when people try to get all righteous saying that they put in so much grinding for that event lol. 

It was a sure thing and people were given plenty of time to meet the goal.  The brakk takes a lot more time to get via the G3 compared to the gravidius dilemma event :|

Edited by Aggh

Honestly, even as someone who did the events in question, I'm happy the mods are getting re-released. Having extra copies of mods is nice for avoiding sentinel/warframe weapon loadout conflicts. xD

+1, and really, the best type of exclusives are cosmetics. Everybody wins, it doesn't affect gameplay, but also is something to show off.

It was 100 missions over a whole week.  There are piles of items in this game that need more grinding than that.  It always cracks me up when people try to get all righteous saying that they put in so much grinding for that event lol. 

It was a sure thing and people were given plenty of time to meet the goal.  The brakk takes a lot more time to get via the G3 compared to the gravidius dilemma event :|

Yeah, most events are much more enjoyable to complete than grinding for that sort of thing in normal missions. Also, the RNG can be really cruel; a Mastery Rank 15 friend of mine with 581 hours in-game still doesn't have Despair. It's one of the few things I have that he doesn't actually...

+1, and really, the best type of exclusives are cosmetics. Everybody wins, it doesn't affect gameplay, but also is something to show off.

(Emphasis mine)

I actually had a longer post typed up earlier (that got eaten by my browser) about that: high-level players with all the items whom complain about a lack of difficulty, yet argue against powerful event rewards from being added to the drop tables, only have themselves to blame. DE has to design challenges around what the majority of the player-base can actually do; if event rewards prove to be powerful enough, then the players who have and use them are going to end up bored because DE can't design events/challenges around something no longer available.

I would complain and I don't have Primed Chamber. It would be unfair to those who have put more hours into the game than I have just to get that bragging right taken from them to appease newer players. I've been playing for nearly a year now, I wasn't around for the event that gave Primed Chamber, but I'd still be mad on behalf of those who worked to beat the challenge in order to EARN it. I'm glad they haven't re-released it.

Now, though, I only half-@$$ events because it doesn't matter if I get a high score or not. It doesn't matter how many hours I put in. They're going to release all the rewards to those who didn't work for them either way.

*EDIT: Slight typo there, meant Primed Chamber, not Split Chamber.

why? they had their bragging rights for almost a year and had a clear advantage when using the same guns compared to those that didn't get one.

if you were talking of a cosmetic like the the rakata syndana or the tethras/freedom/BG emblems i would agree but were talking about a mod that affects game play, the only ones who would really be affected by such action would be the few paid 9000+ plats for a bragging right they didn't earn, so if you place it in a scale you have, on one side those few and on the other all the players that use sniper rifles